4e Monsters Galore- Urban Adversaries out now!

wcpfish

First Post
Escape Velocity Gaming is delighted to announce that Urban Adversaries is available now at rpgnow.com and drivethrustuff.com. Urban Adversaries is a 56 page pdf which features entertaining and challenging monsters designed to be dropped into urban environs.

Undead, shadow-loving serpents, psychic rats, and more fill this lavishly-illustrated tome of threats! 24 monsters from level 1 to 15 each receive the full 4E treatment - stat blocks, lore, tactics, and most importantly a fully fleshed-out mini scenario for each creature (and some feature two scenarios!).

An easy to use encounter index, monster by level chart, and designer's notes (with behind-the-scenes type stuff from the publisher's perspective) round out this new release! If you as a GM want towns to be more than a place for characters to sell their loot and rest up between adventures then this book is for you!

Thanks for checking it out!
William C. Pfaff
aka WCPFish
Escape Velocity Gaming

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Bill, would you consider posting a preview or a list of the monsters? Sounds really interesting. EDIT: There's a preview up at rpgnow.

I could use this in my game. I'll say for the record, though, that I'm not buying this because it has copy/paste disabled. That completely slashes its utility for me.

If you decide to issue an update that allows the purchaser to copy and paste from the pdf, I'll be a happy man. Please let us know so I can pick up a copy.

Thanks!

Last edited:

wcpfish

First Post
PirateCat,
Greetings! and copy/paste ENABLED sorry about that! It was never supposed to be disabled from the start. Anyhow, that being fixed PLEASE pick this up (it would be an honor) and let me know what you think :)

Also, an EnWorld first peek exclusive...here's the nearly complete breakdown of the creatures: one devil, three insects, one ooze, one cat, two fish, two elementals, one worm (and a disgusting acidic wretch he is), three rats (each progressively fatter!), one hound, two toads, a swarm o' diseased bats, a shadowy serpent, a plant, an owl, and a slew of undead.

Each monster has been playtested and each has at least one scenario designed for it. Every monster also receives a "behind-the-scenes' view in the designer's notes which explains some of the build decisions, a little art direction, and my personal faves. There are also some notes on how to shift the backstory to get basically a "new" creature.
This was a labor of love and these are all monsters I have used in my home campaign. I am also very happy to say sales have been brisk! Hope to add the ol' Piratecat to my list of customers soon!
Cheers!
William C. Pfaff
www.escapevelocitygaming.com

Last edited:

wcpfish

First Post
PirateCat,
I have updated the description for Urban Adversaries on rpgnow.com and drivethrustuff.com to include almost every creature available in the book, plus additional details, and a brief overview of some of the features that make our products unique!

William C. Pfaff

Last edited:

wcpfish

First Post
First review of Urban Adversaries is up on RPGNOW (five stars wooo hooo!) Also, Haunting Trio (3 FREE monsters for 4e - one for each tier) is out now. This will give you a great idea of the sort of quality product produced by Escape Velocity.

Haunting Trio includes the Dreamdweller Raven, the Demented Wight, and Cetacek, Lord of the Darkwater (the latter is a level 29 solo brute that rules the depths of the ocean!)

William C. Pfaff
aka WCPFish

Last edited:

Remove ads