Anyone's campaign NOT focused on fighting the forces of evil?

AFGNCAAP

First Post
I was just curious if anyone's campaign focuses on something other than fighting the opposing forces: stop the powerful bad guy/evil organization, prevent the return of an ancient evil, etc.

If so, what is your campaign's theme? Searching for a lost relic? Treasure hunting? Trying to unite a realm? What?

Crothian

First Post
AFGNCAAP said:
I was just curious if anyone's campaign focuses on something other than fighting the opposing forces: stop the powerful bad guy/evil organization, prevent the return of an ancient evil, etc.

If so, what is your campaign's theme? Searching for a lost relic? Treasure hunting? Trying to unite a realm? What?

We are trying to bring the Greyhawk wars back to the world of Greyhawk.

I think the DM in my current campaign is planning a story that involves us fighting evil. The reality is that the campaign is going to focus on most of the pc's tring to accomplish various selfish goals. Over half the party is CN, and Isuspect at least one of the other players will eventually switch to CE.
Our DM knew up front the type of characters we were going to play but he still can't seem to get over his desire to run heroic campaigns no matter what.
I know for a fact my CN rogue /cleric will be looking to turn what ever comes into profit for him self, whether or not he "looks heroic" doing it doesn't really matter. Unless he can turn a profit from being a hero, of course!

Aeris Winterood

First Post
My new campaign ideas..

I am starting a campaign where the characters timetravel through history back and forth on Oerth. ( I have no idea how or why yet, working on that one!)

I am going to havee them interact with the personages that helped evolve the history of Greyhawk, i.e. meet Al Akbar when he was "just" a priest and prophet... Set out on an errand for a likeable human fellow enslaved by the Grey Elves named Vecna... Search for items for the High Wizard Preist of the Isles of Woe... Something different...

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Well, I had an elemental-themed campaign once - the players had to either choose an element to fight/defend, or try to take a "middle ground" and stop the destruction of the world caused by the opposed elemental forces.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
My campiagn involves the PC's largely just following their own lead. I create adventures based around knowing what's going on in my game world, and letting them react to it.

They don't do a lot of "Evil fighting" (I've done away with the alignment rules)...they omostly act out of self-interest.

More Akin to those "Black Company" books than "Lord of the Rings"

Nish

First Post
Well, we have a campaign (currently on hiatus) that's mostly a Planescape campaign, with alot of Oriental Adventures type stuff in it. Its an Evil campaign based mostly in Plaguemort, and the focus tends to change alot depending on the current situation. A long while back we did actually stop an Evil Bad Guy from becoming a deity, but other than that the only time we'll attempt to thwart a Supreme Force of Evil is the name of another Supreme Force of Evil. Supreme Forces of Evil that we have worked for or with on some level include but are not limited to: Orcus, Graz'zt, Lloth, Arch-Lector Ymarril(sp?), evil demon ninja, Anthraxus, and of course Ourselves :p. All of these would usually be forces to be opposed in a typical campaign, but for one reason or another, we end up on their side.

There's also a good deal of running for our lives.

Yes, I'd have to say the most consistent theme of that campaign is running away.

Mr. Draco

First Post
hmm, the campaign i play in is currently focused on:

1) Repairing our new ship (we got one last session, then ran into a hostile warship).

2) figuring out why an ancient human ciy just rose from the ground & whatever Lloth has to do with it.

So, basically, that campaign consists of basically trying to figure out exactly what is going on, and desperately trying to stay alive when faced with hostiles. (but, hey, it's fun!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases