Str: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Dex: 18 (+4) [4 points] (+6 Racial)
Con: 12 (+1) [2 points] (+2 Racial)
Int: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Wis: 16 (3) [8 points] (+1 4th level)
Cha: 10 (0) [2 points]

Racial Abilities: low-light vision, scent
Special Attacks: Improved grab, pounce, rake 1d2

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a lynx must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.

Pounce (Ex): If a lynx charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Rake (Ex): Attack bonus (as flurry), damage 1d2.

Skills: Lynxes have a +8 racial bonus on Jump checks and a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks. Lynxes have a +8 racial bonus on Balance and Climb checks. A lynx can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.
*In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus improves to +8.

Class Abilities: Nature Sense, infuse with life (2d8+level), Nature's gift (lesser), Trackless Step, Bond With The Green

Feats: Way With Animals, Blessed Mage, Track (3rd)

Spell slots Per Day: 5/4/3/2
Spells readied: 7/5/3/2

Hit Dice: 5d8+5
AC: 15 (+4 Dex, +1 Size)
Init: +4 (+4 Dex)
Speed: 40 ft

Saves:
For: 3 [+2 base, +1 Con]
Ref: 5 [+1 base, +4 Dex]
Wil: 7 [+4 base, +3 Wis]

BAB/Grapple: +2, Grapple -
Melee Atk:
Range Atk:
Full Atk:

Skills: Know Ceremony, Know Nature, Listen, Wilderness Survival

Languages: Common

iberian-lynx-c-francisco-ma.jpg

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
What special materials are available? I want a heavy shield made from a giant oyster with the game stats (and cost) of a mithral shield.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Whilst mithral doesn't technically exist in AE (sort of superceded by Devanian items), since this doesn't actually include mithral but only mimics the game mechanics, I say, sure, go for it.

Edit: I see you're up in the Rogue's Gallery. Don't forget the bonus Fast Healing feat for half-troll race.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Looks like the stats are mostly done. The opening scene is more of an RP opportunity than any need for stats, so you can polish the characetrs up whilst we go.

Just trot on over to here:
IC Thread

grufflehead

First Post
Folks

I haven't really been setting the heather on fire with my posting in this so far, so apologies to you all for that.

To cut to the chase, Dr Simon has successfully done something not a lot of other GMS have managed over the years: absolutely stumped me for what to do/say with my character - and that's often looking at it for days! I totally got it into my head what sort of game this was when I made up the Professor, but as soon as the nasty captain turned up and we got to the 'you must fight!' moment, I really and truly have been at a loss in both word and deed.

Of course, I don't know how things will play out but at the moment, I can't get beyond the notion that I have created a character totally unsuited to the events, and one which I can't see actually having anything to do with them. The moral dilemma of 'no, I'm not fighting in your war because I'm a pacifist, and war is against everything I stand for' VS 'if you don't help us in the fight, something bad is going to happen because the bad guy is *really* not nice' has just tied me up to the point I'm completely conflicted.

On a more practical level, again second guessing to a point, I'm sure I could have gone out of my way to make a less combat effective character. But it would have taken some effort. Reckon I could survive a round against any of the other party members for example?

I do, however, like the group, the idea of the game, and the system, so I'm not angling to run away. I'm just asking for a change of character. Have the Professor take word of Lord Ironheart's villainy back to the University to drum up some help.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Shayuri

First Post
Yar...of all the concepts to explore in a role-playing game, 'pacifist' is probably the one I'd recommend the least. Not because it's a bad concept, but because it's absolutely at odds with the events that take place in a game. This doesn't constitute a 'roleplaying challenge,' which can be a good thing...rather, it constitutes a character who's basic nature precludes them from taking part in the game's activities.

Now, there's a vast, wide gulf between a pacifist (one who refuses to fight for any cause or provocation) and someone who values peace...but is willing to fight for it. You might be constantly bemoaning the fact that peace is so fragile, and that it only takes one person to start a war, while it takes the consensus of ALL people to prevent war...even as you're lobbing fireballs at Black Hats. :)

I could see interesting conversations between our characters; mine who has embraced conflict and battle as a way of life, versus yours who makes every legitimate attempt to avoid those things.

grufflehead

First Post
Actually, you know what? Shayuri is right - I've let myself get consumed by analysis paralysis. Maybe I'm just a bit narrowly focussed in the way I play my characters a lot of the time and I need to push the boat a little and try something I might not go for normally.

Ignore above then - will post up in main thread and take my chances.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Yeah, that's right. We all made "sub-par", non-warrior choices. We're going to be the elite think tank that proves that magical creatures are what the world needs. ;)

Dr Simon

Explorer
If it helps, I originally envisioned Ironheart and the war to be a background narrative device - the game isn't necessarily intended to be the characters going off to fight the bad guys in battle, but more how they deal with war gradually tearing the land apart. Inspiration stems from the Napoleonic wars, in particular how they are used in Mr Norrell and Jonathon Strange.

The obnoxious Captain Steiglitz, by the way, is probably the first and only NPC I've ever used that was inspired by a Thomas Hardy novel.

GladiusNP

First Post
Possible character

Hi all!

I emailed Dr. Simon and requested to be notified if a slot came up. I am thinking of a Giant 3/Oathsworn 2, kind of a classic Fairy Tale giant character, rather than a sword wielding type. He's named Tomblin Thrum. I see him as having sworn to kill Lord Irontooth, and having a year passed, where he failed. He fell in with the Rosen guard, and is currently sick with the camp fever. If he's cured, his new Oath could be to protect the healer. He'd be a farm boy at heart. As regards his Oath, take the same approach he used when plowing his brothers' fields - put himself in harness and implacably pull through any obstacle. I'd love any and all feedback.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases