Tale of the Crystal Princess. An Arcana Evolved Game. OOC

grufflehead

First Post
I'll send you the appropriate details whenever you want. In essence the staff nodes (of which you can have a maximum of 3) are enhancements you can add to your staff for a cost. Quite a few of them are way too expensive or high level for this game, but there 1 set which allow you to create pseudo Pearls of Power so you can reuse spells of the appropriate level, and others which add to AC like rings of protection, give little skill boosts etc. There's also one which let's the staff shed light - very Gandalf! The Runic Beast feat essentially grants you an Animal Companion as per druid.

I imagine paper copies of Transcendence are like hen's teeth these days, but if you don't mind pdf it's still available at DriveThru for a very reasonable $9

Transcendence: An Arcana Evolved Player's Companion - Malhavoc Press | DriveThruRPG.com

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'm interested in the 'talking animal' character. Since you tickled my fancy with Blue Rose a while back, I wonder if you might consider converting a Rhydan cat (I envision him as a lynx) into PC-form? I would def play Greenbond if the spells work the same as in AU (that Greenbond spells do not require somatic components).

I would also consider a talking monkey, specifically a Golden Lion Tamarin monkey. Class would likely be a Witch of some type.

Shayuri

First Post
Solidification has transpired.

Definitely doing spryte. I'm liking wood witch, likely with Greenfire manifestation, and will be taking Life Song in a couple of levels, for the blasting/healing combo.

Ya know...with Spryte Dex and size, and some AC boosting feats, you can get some pretty good AC's for level 5. :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Grufflehead: Got the PDF now, I'm okay with the staff nodes. May be no need for Beast Rune feat.

Herobizkit: Yeah, I could do a Rhy-cat conversion. I wasn't planning on changing anything about the spell system, so no somatic components for Greenbond spells. In fact, don't know if I mentioned this above, but talking animal mages are considered to have the equivalent of the Natural Spell feat - if their casting style calls for somatic components then their animal movements suffice. They still suffer from armour penalties, effects of being immobilised etc. that would normally be incurred.

Shay: As a 5th level witch you'd have two manifestations (one at 1st, one at 5th level) already, so you could take both powers. I know in one of the design diaries Monte Cook expressed a desire to allow PCs to raise their AC to higher than normal levesl, on the basis that at high level play no-one ever misses, so yeah, it's quite nice to be able to effectively build a dodge-monkey or a tank.

WD: Looks like everyone else is going caster, so some kind of meat-shield would be useful!

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@Dr. Simon: Excellent. Rhy-cat Greenbond it is for me. I'm not sure how to handle the conversion, so I leave it to you. I did find some 3e stats for a Lynx if you'd find that easier. Let me know either way. ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Simon, yes, but I'm not starting out a 5th level witch. I'm starting out a 3rd level witch, 2nd level spryte. :)

That does give me one spellcasting level, so I cast spells as a 4rth level witch, but as far as class features go I'm only 3rd.

I guess it's kind of questionable to spend levels on Spryte...but I want that Perfect Manueverability spiff. :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
WD: It's in the rules, but I got the name wrong -

Fast Healer [Talent]
When you rest, you heal faster than others.
Prerequisite: Character level 1st only
Benefit: The character heals at 1.5 times the normal rate. So
an 8th-level character with this feat heals 12 hit points per day
rather than 8. With the help of a healer making a Heal check,
the character would heal 24 hit points rather than 16.

Shay: Ah, well that makes sense then. As you were.

Herobizkit: Those stats seem reasonable to me. So you'd get +6 Dex, +2 Con, pounce, improved grab and rake, plus the skill bonuses. The 2HD of animal count as 1 character level, so you could take 4 levels of Greenbond, but 1st level would have to be your animal HD as far as class skills go. You wouldn't automatically get Weapon Finesse, but there's nothing to stop you from taking it if you want.

(So in fact you'd have 6HD, but an ECL of 5, if that makes sense).

grufflehead

First Post
There's a talent in the main book called Fast Healer - you heal 1.5 x normal rate from rest. Is that what you mean WD?

EDIT: beaten by the all-seeing eye!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases