Frank Frazetta RIP

Ahzad

Explorer
It's being reported by his agent Robert Pistella that the legendary artist Frank Frazetta has passed away.

Frazetta is my absolute favorite artist of all time there was never anyone like him and will never be anyone to follow him. You will be missed sir.

http://www.newsarama.com/

Last edited:

Filcher

First Post
If this is true, this is terrible news.

Edit:

Wikipedia is supporting it, and it looks like news outlets as well.

Frazetta is/was, bar none, the finest fantasy painter we have ever seen.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Frazetta was an illustrator who somewhere along the way, came to be regarded as a bona fide artist who towered over those who would commercialize and seek to profit from his work.

It will be interesting to see how Frazetta will be regarded in terms of being dealt with as a serious artist in the decades to come.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
In memory of Frank Frazetta, I've posted a number of covers from my paperback collection to my blog, Paperback Flash. Stop by and take a look at just a few of the inspiring works that helped guide a generation of fantasy and science fiction artists and publishers.

RIP Frank Frazetta.

--Erik

falcarrion

First Post
When I first started gaming in the early eighties. It was Frank's art that help fuel my imagination in fantasy. You will be missed.
Thankyou for all you did.

dm4hire

Explorer
I too am saddened by the news. I've been a fan since I first saw the Deathdealer on the cover of Molly Hatchet. He inspired many characters of mine. His art will live on, continuing to inspire many more fans. Per the ancient Greeks he has already achieved immortality and will not be forgotten as long as his work exists.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases