NEW (AGAIN)- Thunderspire Labyrinth- Stat analysis #25 Shrine to Baphomet

Raven Crowking

First Post
Thank you for posting this. This is really, really good stuff, and I am glad that your players are very much enjoying it. I have to agree with firesnakeries; there seems to be no grind in your game. (FWIW, I would say grind is not related to the length of combat, so much as the length of uninteresting combat, and your players seemed nailed to their seats.....in a good way! :D )

Keep on going.....I'll keep on reading.

RC

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Thank you for posting this. This is really, really good stuff, and I am glad that your players are very much enjoying it. I have to agree with firesnakeries; there seems to be no grind in your game. (FWIW, I would say grind is not related to the length of combat, so much as the length of uninteresting combat, and your players seemed nailed to their seats.....in a good way! :D )

Keep on going.....I'll keep on reading.

RC

Keep it coming, I'm enjoying this even with the "action by action combat list". :)

Thanks for that, I'll keep it going, happy to report the players are still pretty much nailed to their seats, well I've not lost any.

H1 Keep on the Shadowfell
Encounter #5 A4 Burial Site

Round #1.

Grey- Move. Burning Hands HR1-3 & GD2; Hits all of them for 12 Fire damage each. HR1-3- DEAD & GD2 (36 HP). Action Point- Action Surge +3 To Hit & Tactical Presence/Assault from Phrenic extra +2 To Hit & +4 Damage for total +5/+4. Scorching Burst GD1-2; Hit GD1 only 10 Fire damage (38 HP).

Kalarel- Move. Shadow Claws Grey; Hit Restrained & ongoing 5 Necrotic damage.

GD1- Move. Bite Grey; Miss.

GD2- Move. Bite Grey; Hit 17 damage (6 HP bloodied).

Guard Drakes gotta love them when they come in pairs.

Kaspard- Move. Healing Word +7 HP Grey (18 HP). Sacred Flame GD1; Hit 4 Radiant damage (34 HP) & 3 Temp HP Phrenic.

Dirty- Move. Cleave GD1; Hit 9 damage (25 HP) & GD2; 3 damage (33 HP). GD1-2 Marked.

HR1- DEAD

HR2- DEAD

HR3- DEAD

HR4- Charge Dirty; Hit 4 damage (27 HP).

Phrenic- Inspiring Word +5 HP Self (21 HP). Move. Wolf Pack Tactics Combat Advantage GD1; Miss.

Agrid- Move. Crossbow Grey; Hit 6 damage (12 HP).

Winstanley- Move. Deft Strike Combat Advantage GD2; Hit 20 damage (13 HP bloodied).

Time to play 13 minutes.

End of Round-

Good Guys
Dirty Biskit, Male Dwarven Fighter 1 (HP27/31)
Kaspard, Female Half-Elf Cleric of Bahamut 1 (HP26/26)
Winstanley Portico, Male Halfling Rogue 1 (HP25/25)
Grey Morlock, Male Human Wizard 1 (HP12/23)
Phrenic, Male Tiefling Warlord 1 (HP21/24)

Bad Guys 674XP Level 2 Encounter.
Human Rabble Level 2 Minions

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter

Round #2.

Grey- 5 Necrotic damage (7 HP bloodied), Acrobatics to escape grasp '20'- Success. Quarterstaff GD2; Hit 6 damage (7 HP bloodied).

Kalarel- Move. Shadow Claws Winstanley; Miss.

GD1- Bite Dirty; Miss.

GD2- Bite Dirty; Miss.

Kaspard- Move. Healing Word +7 HP Grey (19 HP). Sacred Flame GD2; Miss.

Dirty- Cleave GD2; Miss. Action Point- Tactical Presence/Assault from Phrenic extra +2 To Hit & +4 Damage. Cleave GD2; Hit 15 damage- DEAD & HR4; 3 damage- DEAD. Shift away.

HR1- DEAD.

HR2- DEAD.

HR3- DEAD.

HR4- DEAD.

Phrenic- Wolf Pack Tactics (Grey Shifts away) GD1; Hit 10 damage (15 HP bloodied).

Agrid- Move. Crossbow Grey; Miss.

Winstanley- Move. Deft Strike Combat Advantage GD1; Hit 13 damage (2 HP bloodied).

Time to play 8 minutes.

End of Round-

Good Guys
Dirty Biskit, Male Dwarven Fighter 1 (HP27/31)
Kaspard, Female Half-Elf Cleric of Bahamut 1 (HP26/26)
Grey Morlock, Male Human Wizard 1 (HP19/23)

Aran Thule

First Post
Is the apparition standard or your creation, i remember facing off against a halfling slinger in this fight.
Definately looks like the players have the upper hand here, will this get them to 2nd level?
Looking forward to hearing how the players react to Agrids 'sod this for a laugh' special move.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Is the apparition standard or your creation, i remember facing off against a halfling slinger in this fight.
Definately looks like the players have the upper hand here, will this get them to 2nd level?
Looking forward to hearing how the players react to Agrids 'sod this for a laugh' special move.

This is the free download version of KOTS, there are a few changes here and there, including Kalarel the Apparition, it's obviously available free at Wizards. I have played through it previously with the Halfling Slinger, he once got away from the PCs and became a short-lived recurring villain, he travelled under the name of "Jersey Turnpike" as I remember.

As to XP the PCs have been in four encounters so far and have 585 XP each, or thereabouts, Phrenic has 500 XP I started him with a little less so that the PCs would have to work a little harder to ensure all PCs have enough XP to level up.

Right then, now Round #3-

Round #3.

Grey- Magic Missile Agrid; Hit 12 Force damage (22 HP). The Gnome Fades Away- Invisible. Grey Moves back.

The players look from one to another and then back at me, I've just picked the mini off the map... Dave, who plays the surly Dwarf- Dirty, puts a cross on my nice clean map tile with a magic marker pen in the spot Agrid formerly inhabited- later I discover that it will not come off.

Kalarel- Move. Shadow Claws Dirty; Hit Restrained and ongoing 5 Necrotic damage.

GD1- Bite Phrenic; Miss. Shift away.

GD2- DEAD.

Kaspard- Move. Lance of Faith GD1; Miss.

Dirty- 5 Necrotic damage (22 HP). Athletics to break free of Restrained- Success. Charge GD1; Hit 9 damage- DEAD.

HR1- DEAD.

HR2- DEAD.

HR3- DEAD.

HR4- DEAD.

Phrenic- Move. Inspiring Word +4 HP Dirty (Full).

Agrid- Invisible. Move into Hiding. Crossbow Kaspard with Combat Advantage; Crit 17 damage- Immediate Interrupt Armour of Bahamut- Crit cancelled = 5 damage (21 HP).

Winstanley- Move. Sly Flourish Kalarel; Hit 4 damage (36 HP). Action Point- Tactical Presence/Assault from Phrenic extra +2 To Hit & +4 Damage. Daily Trick Strike Kalarel; Miss.

Time to play 8 minutes.

End of Round-

Good Guys
Dirty Biskit, Male Dwarven Fighter 1 (HP31/31)
Kaspard, Female Half-Elf Cleric of Bahamut 1 (HP21/26)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter

Round #4.

Grey- Magic Missile Kalarel; Hit 4 damage (32 HP). Move.

Kalarel- Move. Shadow Claws Phrenic; Hit Restrained and ongoing 5 Necrotic damage.

GD1- DEAD.

GD2- DEAD.

Kaspard- Move. Spot Agrid. Sacred Flame Agrid; Miss. Action Point- Tactical Presence/Assault from Phrenic extra +2 To Hit & +4 Damage. Lance of Faith Agrid; Hit 9 Radiant damage (13 HP bloodied) & +2 To Hit for Grey.

Dirty- Move. Charge Kalarel up slope requires DC15 Athletics- Success. Charge Kalarel Crit 8 damage (24 HP). Marked.

HR1- DEAD.

HR2- DEAD.

HR3- DEAD.

HR4- DEAD.

Phrenic- 5 Necrotic damage (19 HP). Athletics to break free of Restrained- Success. Move up slope requires DC15 Athletics- Success.

Agrid- Move. Crossbow Grey; Miss.

Winstanley- Move up slope requires DC15 Athletics- Success. Positioning Strike Combat Advantage Kalarel; Miss.

Time to play 9 minutes.

End of Round-

Good Guys
Dirty Biskit, Male Dwarven Fighter 1 (HP31/31)
Phrenic, Male Tiefling Warlord 1 (HP19/24)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter

Round #5.

Grey- Move. Ray of Frost Agrid; Hit 5 Cold damage (8 HP bloodied) & Slowed.

Kalarel- Shadow Touch Dirty; Hit 10 Necrotic damage (21 HP). Shift away AoO Dirty; Hit 7 damage (17 HP bloodied). Marked.

GD1- DEAD.

GD2- DEAD.

Kaspard- Move. Lance of Faith Agrid; '1' Miss.

Dirty- Move. Daily Brute Strike Kalarel; Hit 13 damage (4 HP bloodied). Kalarel Marked.

HR1- DEAD.

HR2- DEAD.

HR3- DEAD.

HR4- DEAD.

Phrenic- Move. Combat Advantage Viper Strike Kalarel; Hit 3 damage (1 HP bloodied).

Agrid- Move (Slowed). Crossbow Kaspard; Miss.

Winstanley- Move. Sly Flourish Combat Advantage Kalarel; 10 damage- DEAD.

Time to play 7 minutes.

End of Round-

Good Guys
Dirty Biskit, Male Dwarven Fighter 1 (HP21/31)

Aran Thule

First Post
A chance but unlikely, he has to survive 3 or 4 attacks before he can act.
Surrender would probably be his best option as he should be able to escape easily later.
But i dont think he would get the chance.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
A chance but unlikely, he has to survive 3 or 4 attacks before he can act.
Surrender would probably be his best option as he should be able to escape easily later.
But i dont think he would get the chance.

You're absolutely right of course... not a chance.

Round #6.

Grey- Magic Missile Agrid; Hit 9 Force damage- DEAD.

Time to play 1 minute.
Total time to play 49 minutes.

End of Combat-

Good Guys
Dirty Biskit, Male Dwarven Fighter 1 (HP21/31)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases