D&D 4th Edition Adventure : Humanitas Severe





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 407

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    ° Ignore Mal Malenkirk

    Adventure : Humanitas Severe

    Raiko, Ashir, Haruka and Max suddenly find themselves hurtled on a forest floor. Everyone is stunned and recover slowly. Haruka looks particularly drained and pale, unable to get back on her feet. The others are barely stronger.

    They look around in a daze, Sheng and Patrin being nowhere to be seen. They are surrounded by tall deciduous trees of bizarre appearances; they are so tall and yet branches hang too low, the leaves are too thick and despite how little light makes it to the ground, everything is too vividly green with bright spots of red and blues from countless flowers that appears to be in perpetual bloom.
    By the color of the circle just before they landed, Ashir and Haruka believe they should be in Arcadia. The intense feeling of magic that assails their sense everywhere they look certainly confirms that they are in the land of the fey, most likely very deep, deeper than mortals are meant to see.

    They seem safe for the moment and are completely exhausted, both by their struggles and by the bizarre hijacking of their teleportation. It is as if their mysterious saviours dug in their vital energy to power this feat of magic. But they hear no more from that entity and without even realizing they all collapse in exhausted slumber.

    It is several hours later before some of our heroes, feeling refreshed, awaken suddenly with enough mental energy to be alarmed at their predicament.

  2. #2
    Haruka coughs once, twice, and begins to choke. Quickly she rolls onto her side and disgorges a sizable amount of some oily black liquid. It is quickly absorbed into the ground, leaving a dark sheen on whatever it touched.

    She then slumps back into a supine position and looks around. A miserable groan escapes her stained lips, "No, not here. Not again..."

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    ° Ignore dimsdale
    Max eyes shift back-and-forth, trying to get a grasp on his new surrounding. Obviously irritaded by recent events he fires questions off to anyone who'll listen. "What the heck is going on here? Where are we? Where's Sheng!"

    updated statblock

    Max - Human Bravura Warlord 3
    *Adverse Condition: none
    *Initiative: +2
    *Human Feat (Action Surge): +3 on attack rolls when using AP
    *Passive Insight 13
    *Passive Perception 12
    *Senses Normal
    *HP 37
    *Bloodied 18 Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 7
    *AC =19
    *Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 14 Speed 5
    *action surges: 0
    *action Points:1
    *Second Wind: 1
    *Basic Attack: +8 to hit: 1d8+4 Damage
    Powers
    *At will:
    Commander's Strike
    Brash Assault
    Opening Shove
    *Encounter:
    Inspiring Word 2
    Flattening Charge
    Knight's Move
    Vengence is Mine
    *Daily
    Concentrated Attack

    party basic melee attacks

    Raiko: Katana (Bastard Sword), +9 to Hit vs AC, 1d10+4 damage
    Haruka:
    Ashir:



    AP Bravura Presence


    Bravura Presence

    When an ally I see spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hit, the ally can choose to make a basic attack or a move action as a free action after the AP action. If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.


    basic melee attacks please :)


    can everyone give me their basic melee attack again since some of us have gone up a level, which may have changed some of the stats.

    Thankyou

    Last edited by dimsdale; Sunday, 16th May, 2010 at 04:50 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    ° Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Raiko's eyes open at the shouting. He quickly props himself up on one elbow, and seeing no threat, stands sheathing his sword.

    "Kythira, perhaps the Savage Lands?"

    Basic Attack

    Raiko's Basic Attack remains the same. The magic oil going away balances out his advanced levels.

    Katana (Bastard Sword), +9 to Hit vs AC, 1d10+4 damage

    Edit: Actually I suppose I'm doing less damage now.


    Stat Block
    Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 4 ()
    Init: +2; P.Insight: 21; P.Perception: 15
    AC: 22; Fort: 17; Reflex: 15; Will: 16
    HP: 54/54; Surges: 16 hp, 13/13
    AcP: 1
    Potions: 2

    Skills: Heal +7, History +8, Insight +11, Intimidate +10, Religion +6
    Languages: Common, Draconic
    Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

    Sling Bullets: 20/20

    Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
    Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Strength from Valor, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
    Paladin's Judgement
    Last edited by ScorpiusRisk; Sunday, 16th May, 2010 at 04:39 AM.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  5. #5
    Haruka replies without getting up. Her voice is dry and hollow, sounding like it should come from an elderly male elf, "Welcome, friends, to Arcadia, colloquially known as the Feywild. Home of all manner of wretched, miserable, scheming fey. May they all rot." Further ranting is cut short by another coughing fit.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    ° Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    "Yes," Raiko says with a grin. "I'd say we can make good use of these. He begins removing his own plating and replacing it with the frost hardened set.

    "Tell me how these Fey have been seen to travel. Wen they come to hunt, do they seem to appear or come from a certain area? Any short range teleportation?"

    Skills
    Religion 16

    Forgot to roll for the god head


    Updated Basic Attack

    Parrying Katana, +10 to Hit vs AC, 1d10+7 damage


    Stat Block
    Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 4 ()
    Init: +2; P.Insight: 21; P.Perception: 15
    AC: 24; Fort: 18; Reflex: 16; Will: 17
    HP: 54/54; Surges: 16 hp, 13/13
    Resist: All 1
    AcP: 1
    Potions: 3

    Skills: Heal +7, History +8, Insight +11, Intimidate +10, Religion +6
    Languages: Common, Draconic
    Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

    Sling Bullets: 20/20

    Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
    Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Strength from Valor, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
    Paladin's Judgement, Amulet of Resolution, Parrying Bastard Sword
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    ° Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Map

    http://virtualbattlemat.com/game/hells_basement_1/

    I have a map up. It's butt ugly but workable. I used Excel because I suck at designing stuff and coudn't find an appropriate map in Dungeon. Next time, I find the map first abd build the story around it, as usual.

    It is huge. Zooming to 50% migth help you.

    The grey square a rocky formation. Single and double square are 1 square high, larger formations are 2 square high, the large block at the center of the fort is 3 square high.

    The walls are 2 square high, the tower are 4. The double line on each tower indicates the ladder.

    The tower are occupied by a ballista that make all 4 squares difficult. You have cover on each square and superior cover if wiedling the ballista (though I expect soldiers to do that, seeing as the curse prevents them from using other weapons).

    You can fight on the walls and get cover from ranged attacked. The path is thin though, an each time you get hit, you are in danger of being thrown off. The basic check is Acrobatic DC 10. DC can increase based on the nature of the attack. If you get a push effect, there is no free save, you fall.

    The grey blue squares are tent. They are flimsy and someone could try slashing his way throught them. The orange sqaure are permanent buildings.

    The gate is the double line.

    Green is a patch of wood, difficult terrain, cover if you stand in it, superior cover if you have one square of wood between you and the attacker, no LOS if you have two.

    The X area on top of the large rock is the catapult.


    Siege Engine
    They do a lot of damage but are slow firing. Typically, only one ballista will fire each round, maybe 2 if the attacks are coming from two opposite front. I am tweaking stats, but it tends to do twice as much damage as a level 4 character but hits 50% as much. (Something like +5 vs AC, 2d10+8)

    The catapult is a bit different. It needs coordinates. The people on top of the rock kinda see what's going on but need help. A PC can take a Standard action to call in a catapult strike. It's an area blast 1, +8 vs Reflex, 2d10+8. It requires a Standard Action from a PC, a perception check DC 15 then the player calls the square. If you roll 10 to 14, you'll miss the square by 1 in a random direction. Less than 10, you'll miss by 3.

    That thing doesn't reload very quickly either. I am thinking 2 turns to reload, ready on the third.



    Religion
    Lots of high religion check. I even see a 30!

    That convinces Ashir that this indeed the collpased essence of a divine beingm, albeit a minor one. So are most of the rocks laying around the fort.

    He conceivably has a bit of essence left and was able to pull you here. This must have been his desmene but with him dead, it seems a feylord hijacked it.

    There is a way to tap in his remaining essence to help you. After studying him for a bit, those who rolled above 25 in religion conclude that this minor deity was originally an archfey of some kind. Feys are notoriously mutable. This one seems to have fancied itself a protector of some kind. By defining itself and acting as such and presumably by gathering followers it eventually reached a limited godhood.

    The resonance of its essence is seriously Lawful Good, in good ole D&D terminology. If you match its resonance, you can channel some power.

    If you are Good aligned or if you have become bloodied in defence of others, you can attempt the following action:

    Resurgence of the defender
    Minor action, healing, encounter
    Requisite: Must be within 10 square of the large rock at the center of the camp or adjacent (touching) one of the smaller one.
    Religion Check DC 15, one target with
    Target: An ally within 5 square or adjacent to one of the stones.
    Action: make a religion check DC 15. If successful, the target may spend a healing surge and gain 1d6+5 additional HP.
    Failure: The power is not expanded.
    Special: This can be successfully used twice in one encounter but only once successfully per round.
    Knight's fortitude
    Minor, encounter
    Requisite: Must be within 10 square of the large rock at the center of the camp or adjacent (touching) one of the smaller one.
    Target: An ally within 5 squares or adjacent to one of the stones
    Action: Make a religion check DC 15. If successful, the target gets an immediate saving throw with a +5 bonus.
    Failure: The power is not expanded
    Blessing of the protector
    Standard, Daily
    Target: You and every Ally within 10 square of the large rock or adjacent to one of the smaller ones.
    Action: Make a religion check DC 20. If successful, targets gain +1 to attack until the end of the encounter as well as 10 THP.
    Failure: The power is not expanded.
    If you are lawful good: +2 to the check
    If you are both bloodied and good: +2 to the check
    If you stand adjacent to the big rock: +2 to the check
    If one ally is dying: +2 to the check
    If within 3 square of one of the organge building, +2 to the check (that's where the children are hiding).

    These are all cumulative.

    If you are character is not Good aligned but you want him to become so, I have no problem. Just make the change. Defending a village full of children when you know it'd be much safer to just walk away if pretty much good aligned.


    As the heroes equip themselves, several children cautiously leave the safety of the buildings and approach curiously the newcomers. Some parents seem very nervous, but seeing as many are orphans, they have no one to hold them back. Neva gently herds them some distance away, near the rock. It seems to have a calming effect on everyone.

    -''Leave them some space. Remember you are not supposed to touch weapons and armors.'' she admonishes.

    -''Poor kids. This is no place to grow up.'' says Tevense sadly. -'To answer your question, we have never seen hunters appear, though we have seen a few disappear when they have reached their quota. It looks very much like teleportation. I suspect whoever let them in this desmene makes sure they appear out of sight. It's hardly just fey. Some are, obviously, but most are mortals. Humans, eladrin and goblins seem especially common. They always seem to be nobles or rich merchants. I am not sure if lord Severus will just send more hunters of if he will use special troops.

    The most likely direction for an assault is the North or through the wood. That way we have very little warning before the attack. Second most likely is through the south. There are a lots of rocky formation to use for cover. West is a possibility though there is not as much cover and we'll have a bit more warning when they round the wood. East is the safest direction; we'd see them coming long before they are in reach and they have nowhere to hide.''


    Updated Characters
    Now that I have given treasure, I'll appreciate any new updated CB files of your PCs.
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Monday, 24th May, 2010 at 05:28 PM.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    ° Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    "Trained? Certainly and well. That training tells me that you cannot defend this fort with artillery and only two soldiers." Raiko says rather calmly. "Not against Elladrin, who can appear on top of your too thin, too short walls, and not when your fortifications are cramped with children."

    Raiko seems angry at nobody in particular and thinking. "We're going to have to meet them outside. Fighting inside will be desperate chaos." He says to Raiko before turning back to the captain. "I don't suppose you have a shovel?"

    ooc
    Raiko's plan is to dig a shallow pit from K19 to L21.

    The idea being that you could sit uncomfortably in it, but standing would basically put you on ground level. I'm aiming for Difficult Terrain moving in and out as opposed to a full square down.

    Raiko and Max go in, covered by some Tent fabric and a loose layer of dirt and leaves. That way their outside the fort but not in the open when the army attacks.

    Raiko will dig with his shield if needed but figures the Captain has some kind of makeshift tools since he built a fort.


    Stat Block
    Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 4 ()
    Init: +2; P.Insight: 21; P.Perception: 15
    AC: 24; Fort: 18; Reflex: 16; Will: 17
    HP: 54/54; Surges: 16 hp, 13/13
    Resist: All 1
    AcP: 1
    Potions: 3

    Skills: Heal +7, History +8, Insight +11, Intimidate +10, Religion +6
    Languages: Common, Draconic
    Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

    Sling Bullets: 20/20

    Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
    Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Strength from Valor, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength), Resurgence of the Defender, Knight's Fortitude
    Paladin's Judgement, Amulet of Resolution, Parrying Bastard Sword, Blessing of the Defender
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  9. #9
    The genasi slowly lifts his head from his face-down position in the lush green grass that he found himself lying in. He looks around in confusion at their location, and rubs his aching head. Ashir sees the others moving, but two of their group is missing and that revelation sends the memories of their wild transportation here back into his mind. He moves to a sitting position as his head swims.

    After hearing Haruka's words, the wizard begins turning the phrase over in his mind, but he had never really explored much of this plane during his time Lao Teshlyn. Instead he had focused on the Oni and their dreaded plane. "Uh, so Haruka, you seem to know where we are. Why do you think we are here and also where do you think we should go?" Ashir asks, looking around cautiously

    ooc

    nature (1d20+10=15) for info on this plane


    L4W Ashir

    Init: +3 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 14
    AC: 18 NAD:17/16/15
    HP: 34/34 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
    Languages: Common, Primordial
    Str:18 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:18 Cha:8

    Powers:
    Cantrips
    Scorching Burst
    Thunderwave
    Burning Hands
    Promise of Storms
    Fire Shroud
    Icy Rays (in Tome)
    Second Wind
    Tome of Readiness
    Shield (Moonstride)
    Fey Step (from Tome)
    Flaming Sphere
    Summon Dretch <- won't be using this until Haruka and Ashir have some time to "practice"

    Full Character Sheet


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    ° Ignore dimsdale
    Max is standing now and finds a place to swing his sword, going through a regiment of practiced moves. He finds this activity to settle him down when he is in a state of stress. Just then he overhears Ashir speaking to Haruka.

    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    "Uh, so Haruka, you seem to know where we are. Why do you think we are here and also where do you think we should go?" Ashir asks, looking around cautiously
    Max continues with his routine, but pays particular attention to Haruka, wanting to hear what she has to say.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How severe would you rule the damage done?
    By StreamOfTheSky in forum D&D and Pathfinder
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Monday, 22nd December, 2008, 04:38 PM
  2. The problem with elves take 2: A severe condemnation [merged]
    By Edena_of_Neith in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 371
    Last Post: Sunday, 2nd September, 2007, 08:06 PM
  3. Severe Injuries: What systems are out there?
    By AFGNCAAP in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Thursday, 11th December, 2003, 06:23 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Tuesday, 3rd December, 2002, 11:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •