Adventure : Humanitas Severe

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Raiko, Ashir, Haruka and Max suddenly find themselves hurtled on a forest floor. Everyone is stunned and recover slowly. Haruka looks particularly drained and pale, unable to get back on her feet. The others are barely stronger.

They look around in a daze, Sheng and Patrin being nowhere to be seen. They are surrounded by tall deciduous trees of bizarre appearances; they are so tall and yet branches hang too low, the leaves are too thick and despite how little light makes it to the ground, everything is too vividly green with bright spots of red and blues from countless flowers that appears to be in perpetual bloom.
By the color of the circle just before they landed, Ashir and Haruka believe they should be in Arcadia. The intense feeling of magic that assails their sense everywhere they look certainly confirms that they are in the land of the fey, most likely very deep, deeper than mortals are meant to see.

They seem safe for the moment and are completely exhausted, both by their struggles and by the bizarre hijacking of their teleportation. It is as if their mysterious saviours dug in their vital energy to power this feat of magic. But they hear no more from that entity and without even realizing they all collapse in exhausted slumber.

It is several hours later before some of our heroes, feeling refreshed, awaken suddenly with enough mental energy to be alarmed at their predicament.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka coughs once, twice, and begins to choke. Quickly she rolls onto her side and disgorges a sizable amount of some oily black liquid. It is quickly absorbed into the ground, leaving a dark sheen on whatever it touched.

She then slumps back into a supine position and looks around. A miserable groan escapes her stained lips, "No, not here. Not again..."

dimsdale

First Post
Max eyes shift back-and-forth, trying to get a grasp on his new surrounding. Obviously irritaded by recent events he fires questions off to anyone who'll listen. "What the heck is going on here? Where are we? Where's Sheng!"

[sblock=updated statblock]
Max - Human Bravura Warlord 3
*Adverse Condition: none
*Initiative: +2
*Human Feat (Action Surge): +3 on attack rolls when using AP
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 12
*Senses Normal
*HP 37
*Bloodied 18 Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 7
*AC =19
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 14 Speed 5
*action surges: 0
*action Points:1
*Second Wind: 1
*Basic Attack: +8 to hit: 1d8+4 Damage
Powers
*At will:
Commander's Strike
Brash Assault
Opening Shove
*Encounter:
Inspiring Word 2
Flattening Charge
Knight's Move
Vengence is Mine
*Daily
Concentrated Attack

[sblock=party basic melee attacks]
Raiko: Katana (Bastard Sword), +9 to Hit vs AC, 1d10+4 damage
Haruka:
Ashir:
[/sblock]

[/sblock]
[sblock=AP Bravura Presence]

Bravura Presence

When an ally I see spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hit, the ally can choose to make a basic attack or a move action as a free action after the AP action. If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

[/sblock]
[sblock=basic melee attacks please :)]

can everyone give me their basic melee attack again since some of us have gone up a level, which may have changed some of the stats.

Thankyou :)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Raiko's eyes open at the shouting. He quickly props himself up on one elbow, and seeing no threat, stands sheathing his sword.

"Kythira, perhaps the Savage Lands?"

[sblock=Basic Attack]
Raiko's Basic Attack remains the same. The magic oil going away balances out his advanced levels.

Katana (Bastard Sword), +9 to Hit vs AC, 1d10+4 damage

Edit: Actually I suppose I'm doing less damage now.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 4 ()
Init: +2; P.Insight: 21; P.Perception: 15
AC: 22; Fort: 17; Reflex: 15; Will: 16
HP: 54/54; Surges: 16 hp, 13/13
AcP: 1
Potions: 2

Skills: Heal +7, History +8, Insight +11, Intimidate +10, Religion +6
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Strength from Valor, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Paladin's Judgement[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka replies without getting up. Her voice is dry and hollow, sounding like it should come from an elderly male elf, "Welcome, friends, to Arcadia, colloquially known as the Feywild. Home of all manner of wretched, miserable, scheming fey. May they all rot." Further ranting is cut short by another coughing fit.

renau1g

First Post
The genasi slowly lifts his head from his face-down position in the lush green grass that he found himself lying in. He looks around in confusion at their location, and rubs his aching head. Ashir sees the others moving, but two of their group is missing and that revelation sends the memories of their wild transportation here back into his mind. He moves to a sitting position as his head swims.

After hearing Haruka's words, the wizard begins turning the phrase over in his mind, but he had never really explored much of this plane during his time Lao Teshlyn. Instead he had focused on the Oni and their dreaded plane. "Uh, so Haruka, you seem to know where we are. Why do you think we are here and also where do you think we should go?" Ashir asks, looking around cautiously

[sblock=ooc]
nature (1d20+10=15) for info on this plane [/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +3 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 14
AC: 18 NAD:17/16/15
HP: 34/34 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:18 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:18 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Promise of Storms
Fire Shroud
Icy Rays (in Tome)
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Shield (Moonstride)
Fey Step (from Tome)
Flaming Sphere
Summon Dretch <- won't be using this until Haruka and Ashir have some time to "practice"

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max is standing now and finds a place to swing his sword, going through a regiment of practiced moves. He finds this activity to settle him down when he is in a state of stress. Just then he overhears Ashir speaking to Haruka.

"Uh, so Haruka, you seem to know where we are. Why do you think we are here and also where do you think we should go?" Ashir asks, looking around cautiously

Max continues with his routine, but pays particular attention to Haruka, wanting to hear what she has to say.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Splendid." He takes a quick look around and his emotions are unclear, even to him. No devils, but possible immediate danger. Possible hostiles, possible friendlies. Likely not easy to return.

"Any reason to think I might die if I climb this tree?" He says indicating a large one nearby.

[sblock=ooc]Raiko tries to remember anything he might have heard about this place in his travels or training. Not exactly his realm of expertise.

Arcana 19, History 19, Nature 13, Religion 14
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka doesn't respond for a few moments. When she does speak, she does so very quietly, "I've been here before. Only not nearly as deep. We just stayed at the edges. That was bad enough." She sits up and pulls her knees to her chest. "I don't know where to go. At all. I'm sorry. I do know that whatever we do, we should stick together. I'd rather not have you start disappearing on me..."

She looks over at Raiko, then at the tree, and grins shakily, "That depends. The trees here can be pretty moody. They take offense at the smallest slight. Try to climb it respectfully. I don't recommend getting on its bad side."

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 5
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 17
AC: 18 | For: 17
| Ref: 17 | Will: 16
HP: 51/51| Bloodied: 23 | Surge value: 11 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos
Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas

Conditions:[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Ashir]Arcana, not nature, is the key knowledge skill tied to the Feywild. That being said, you have the same modifier for both roll (which I expect to be +11, not +10 if you are now level 4) so the roll stands.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana Skill check]You all rolled over 10 and under 20, so that's basic knowledge. Essentially, you all agree that you are indeed in the feywild and don't know much more.[/sblock]

As Haruka finally feels fully recovered, the mysterious voice of the entity that saved them from Tartarus only to drop them here echoes again in her head.

''You may soon curse me for having saved you from Tartarus only to trap you in my former Desmene, child. I confess to selfish motives and limited means to attain my goals. I can’t claim to know your soul as I am far from the prime of my power. If you are already fully corrupted by your patron, I have wasted what little essence remain of me, as you would have been better served by a sentence in Tartarus. But I believe in mortals, even though they and I have forgotten my name. Even beyond death I feel compelled to stop your patron, for you cannot fight as fiercely as I have fought, love as passionately as I have loved, without some of that spirit enduring.''

The voice is as distant as ever, the emotions of the words struggling to free themselve from the calling of the void.

[sblock=Raiko and Ashir]Anyone who scores 15 on an arcana or religion (pick just one, don’t roll twice) check hears a muffled and unintelligible version of the speech, as if overhearing a conversation in another room. A check of 20 you can understand the speech. Trained only.[/sblock]

Not so long ago you made a fateful choice. You always had the spark, child. This much I can sense. You always had the potential for greater heights than most can dream of. You could have learned in time, with patience and dedication. But instead you chose the easiest path to power. It almost cost you your soul and that of your companions. It might yet. I no longer see the entirety of the tapestry, my sight has faded. I cannot claim to understand all the imperatives that you weighed before making your choice. Even when I could have, I would never have claimed to be the arbiter of Right or Wrong. But I know about weak or strong, about easy or hard.

I was loved against the odds, and in turn I chose to protect and defend those who loved me. I decided how I was going to be defined in this universe. Wise men say we are the sum of our choices. But the universe tests us with choices that are easier than other. Will you take the path of least resistance and let fate define who you will become? Or will you be who you really chose to be, no matter the cost?

A hard choice is coming, child, and an even harder one soon after. I spent much of what is left of me for the thin hope that you will choose to walk the hard path, with no means to force your hand. That was my hard choice. Now it’s up to you. Farewell.

The voice fades away slowly and then the familiar screech of Haruka's patron overpower it completely.

ARGGG! Begone! Begone. You are nothing but a memory! I killed you, I killed you!

[sblock=OOC]Well, I am no professional writer. Hope it was not too cheezy
[/sblock]

30 seconds Later

A female scream of panic pierces the forest. The voice doesn't sound very distant, maybe fifty yards or so.

[sblock=OOC]You can post a reaction to what just happened, but don't make it too elaborate as you are interrupted soon after.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases