Adventure : Humanitas Severe

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yes, rocks are hard corner.

And V39 allows you to attack vs Superior Cover (You can draw an unobstructed line to only one corner of the monster's token). I don't really see a better spot.

I think the shot is legal. Technically, the monster itself is in range since part of his body is within 10. And you have LOS on the monster itself, even if the 'squares' you are seeing are not those within 10. In the rules, the monster is one token, not 4 different squares, and having LOS is based only on the ability to draw unobstructed lines to at least one corner. So... Yeah, it's a fringe case but I really think the shot is legal. Hey, it's superior cover (+5) so if you hit you most likely nailed the tip of his ears or something!
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max and Raiko both run to huge rock, then while periodically peering around the rock to watch for the foes movements, they quickly plan out a coordinated attack.

ooc: actions: raiko double move to O40, Max double move to P40

ooc: If max and raiko perform melee attacks, how do you want to play out the reactive sting power? I assume you want to be in charge of where the naga shifts after it's counter attack.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: V39 it is then.

Haruka walks further into the field, stopping behind a large rock. She looks out and sees some of Lieth's coils sticking out from behind a boulder. I have you now, she thinks as she levels her rod at the reptile. A crackling scarlet lash arcs out from her implement and blasts a fist-sized chunk out of the rock shielding Lieth. Or not.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Drink Elixir of Accuracy. Once during this encounter Haruka can gain a +2 (5-6/2) power bonus to an attack roll.
Move: Move to V39.
Standard: Eldritch Blast Lieth. I'm sure it's all in my head, but it seems like my misses always have great damage rolls associated with them.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 6
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 12 | Passive Insight: 18
AC: 19 | For: 20
| Ref: 20 | Will: 19
HP: 56/56 | Bloodied: 28 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +10 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, Hellish Rebuke
Vampiric Embrace, Fiery Bolt
Flames of Phlegethos, Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride, Everybody Move

Deathcut Armor, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
Concealed[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ashir moves towards the enemy.

[sblock=ooc]
Well this is quite the opponent... at-will 20+ range attack that does an average of 13 or so and will hit most of us on a 5? Ouch...well... hopefully we do as well as Kane and crew did... [/sblock]

[sblock=Tome]
Just a reminder to me:

Property: When you use a wizard fire power that can be sustained through this tome, you regain hit points equal to the tome’s enhancement bonus each round that you sustain the power while bloodied. For example, if you used the flaming sphere power with a tome of the replenishing flame +2, you would regain 2 hit points each round you sustain the flaming sphere while you are bloodied. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Minor:
Standard+move: double move to D36[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 38/38 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 9 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Icy Rays
Fire Shroud
Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Flaming Sphere (Summon Dretch)
Summon Magma Beast (Stinking Cloud)

[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Actions]
Move: TPL
Standard; spark vs H
vs Haruka Reflex (+2, cover) (1d20+11-2=16, 2d8+4=11) miss
[/sblock]

The Naga and and Haruka exchange fire but their bolts hit rocks. Meanwhile, the others are closing in.

[sblock=S&S]
Lieth: Cursed

Raiko: 39/54

Lieth, Lightning Naga
Perception 16; darkvision
Shocking Convulsions aura 5; any enemy within the aura that has ongoing lightning damage is slowed and cannot take opportunity attacks.
HP 162; Bloodied 81
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 20
Saving Throws +5
Tail Sting (standard, at-will) Lightning, Poison
Reach 2; +11 vs AC; 2d6+6 damage plus 1d6 lightning and poison damage.
Reactive Sting (immediate reaction, when an enemy hits lieth with a melee attack, )
Lieth makes a tail sting attack against the triggering enemy and shifts 1 square.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Camp-Round3.jpg
    Camp-Round3.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Ready Raiko? Raiko nods. Let's do this! Max gets up first and moves to his left. Raiko does the same but moves to his right. NOW! Max yells and then charges his foe. The speed and power of his attack, leading with both sword and shield catches the naga offguard, knocking it to the ground. The naga hisses, flopping around trying to get back up. Max laughs and looks for another opprotunity to strike and Raiko charges the foe from the opposite side...

ooc: more to come from both max and raiko during this turn

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: move to p45
charge using flattening charge power: 1d20+11+1(charge) = 25 vs fort: for 1d8+6 = 7 and the naga is knocked prone.

Special: flattening charge power is not expended

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mal]
before I continue with this attack and raiko's attack, does the naga get a tail whip attack when it has been knocked prone?

If yes, do you want me to roll the tail whip intermediate interupt melee attack and it's new shifted position or do you want to do it
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Ashir moves forward and as Max crashes into the beast, a ball of fire scorches its tail.

[sblock=Tome]
Just a reminder to me:

Property: When you use a wizard fire power that can be sustained through this tome, you regain hit points equal to the tome’s enhancement bonus each round that you sustain the power while bloodied. For example, if you used the flaming sphere power with a tome of the replenishing flame +2, you would regain 2 hit points each round you sustain the flaming sphere while you are bloodied. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Minor:
Move: to C42
Standard: Scorching burst centered on k51 - vs ref; fire (1d20+7=23, 1d6+9=11) hits for 11 fire

[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 38/38 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 9 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands