Adventure : Humanitas Severe

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Raiko growls low and shakes his head. With great resolve he rises to his feet and charges the next target. "Begone!"

He cuts across the barbarian with his magically edged blade.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: Virtue +16 thp
Move: Stand
Standard: Charge Barbarian 2 17 vs AC, 16 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 4 ()
Init: +2; P.Insight: 21; P.Perception: 15
AC: 24; Fort: 18; Reflex: 16; Will: 17
HP: 42/54 +16 thp; Surges: 16 hp, 13/13
Resist: All 1
AcP: 0
Potions: 3

Skills: Heal +7, History +8, Insight +11, Intimidate +10, Religion +6
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Strength from Valor, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength), Resurgence of the Defender, Knight's Fortitude
Paladin's Judgement, Amulet of Resolution, Parrying Bastard Sword, Blessing of the Defender[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the javelin streaks towards Ashir, a shield of pure force deflects the weapon.

[sblock=ooc]
Immediate Interrupt: Shield

+4 AC/Ref, should block the attack
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max grunts at the massive blow of his foe. Without hesitation, however, Max strikes back with a vicious blow counter attack, much to the surprise of the half-orc. As a result, the foe's guard is down. "Raiko, move behind him and hit him again while his defenses are down!" Raiko moves to position and then swings, but his blade misses to the right of the foe.

Max then steadies himself and takes a few deep breaths. Feeling the healing power flow through his veins, Max strikes again.

Max lands another minor blow to the hunter, with the intent to bait him to take a swing at him. The plan works as the hunter connects with a blow to Max's shoulder. However, this puts Raiko in a good position to attack the hunter again. "Hit him Raiko!" which he does, connecting with a minor wound to the hunter's back. Max smiles mockingly at the hunter who now has multiple wounds to his body. "Haruka, can you finish him off!"

[sblock=actions]

I think Max's starting HP for 3rd Level is 37 not 32

free action: chainmail daily power: Max only takes half damage from previous attack from hunter. Max hp is at 26 then

action: vengence is mine: 1d20+9 vs AC: 29 for 1d8+5= 12

Raiko gets a free movement and basic attack:
His movement gives him CA +2 and +1 (lend might) +10 vs AC = 15

Max movement: none
minor: inspiring word on self: 1d6+healing surge = 15 (oops...should be 14 because surge value is 9 not 10) bringing back up to maximum hp

Action Point:

Brash strike: 1d20+9+2 vs AC = 27 for 1d8+5 = 6

Hunter gets an attack with CA against max: 1d20+10+2 vs AC = 23 for 1d10+5 = 10

Raiko attacks with CA 1d20+10+2+1 (lend might) = 19 for 1d10+5 = 7

so, total damage taken by hunter: 25 points (if math is correct...lot of work for only 25 hp damage :( )

max should now have 27 hp.

[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Max - Human Bravura Warlord 3
*Adverse Condition: none
*Initiative: +2
*Human Feat (Action Surge): +3 on attack rolls when using AP
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 12
*Senses Normal
*HP 37
*Bloodied 18 Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 7 6
*AC =19
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 14 Speed 5
*action surges: 0
*action Points: (USED)
*Second Wind: 1
*Basic Attack: +9 to hit: 1d8+5 Damage
Powers
*At will:
Commander's Strike
Brash Assault
Opening Shove
*Encounter:
Inspiring Word 2 (1 USED)
Flattening Charge
Knight's Move
Vengence is Mine (USED)
*Daily
Concentrated Attack
Sword Power
Armor Power (USED)
[/sblock]

[sblock=AP Bravura Presence]

Bravura Presence

When an ally I see spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hit, the ally can choose to make a basic attack or a move action as a free action after the AP action. If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=judge-a-mification]Hi, guys. I'm belatedly catching up on judging this. I'd intended to judge it, but then it fell off my browser tabs without getting subscribed to. Anyway, here now.

Loot:

Max: Luckblade Longsword +1 (680gp), belt of vigor (520gp), Mithral Chainmail +1 (840gp), amulet of protection +1 (360gp)

Raiko: Bracers of Mighty Striking (520gp), Rimefire plate armor +2 (1800gp), Parrying Katana +1 (520gp), Amulet of resolution +1 (520gp), A potion of healing (50gp)

Ashir:

He already has the Tome of the Traveler. Problem is... this item does not exist! It makes it rather hard to balance. A quick check failed to turn equivlaent implement on DDI. Let's say that the magic power has been drained from that tome when it was used to conduct the ritual. Just easier.

+1 tome of repleneshing fire (520gp), Gloves of Piercing (680gp), +1 Robe of Contingency (840gp), +1 Brooch of Shielding (680gp), Circlet of Second Chance (680gp)

Haruka: +2 amulet of protection (1800gp), Black Leaf Gloves (840gp), Eagle Eyes Goggles (520gp), Elixir of Accuracy (125gp), Potion of Clarity (50gp), a 100gp gem forgotten in a pouch that Haruka deftly slips in her pocket ;)

Since we seem to have somehow gotten into the habit of approving treasure, consider this Approved.

[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka looks down at her allies and responds to Max, "Sure, why not?" She gestures, and tongues of red flame slither through the air and wrap themselves around the barbarian. She then calmly walks back along the wall.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Curse Barbarian 2.
Standard: Fiery Bolt Barbarian 2, Raiko, and Max no no no, just Hellish Rebuke Barbarian 2. Hits Reflex 19 for 7 fire damage and 3 untyped, with 11 more fire damage waiting in the wings.
Move: Move along wall, retain concealment.

If I'm on a wall, how do I get down without taking fall damage? Also, Ashir's non-letter token is in the bottom right corner of the map.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 5
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 17
AC: 18 | For: 19
| Ref: 19 | Will: 18
HP: 36/51+8| Bloodied: 23 | Surge value: 11 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +9 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos
Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas
Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
Concealed[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Seeing his allies ganging up on one foe, Ashir moves towards them and unleashes a small ball of fire.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: to current spot
Standard: Scorching Burst on hunter 2(if Haruka killed hunter 2, then the javelin I attacked last time)- vs ref; fire (1d20+7=18, 1d6+9=11), so either hits hunter 2 or misses Javelin (oh, base it just over the javelin's head, so the flames don't start the walls on fire)
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 20/34 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Icy Rays (In Tome)
Fire Shroud

Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Shield (Moonstride)
Flaming Sphere
Gloves of Piercing
Robes of Contingency
Brooch of Shielding +1
Circlet of Second Chances
Summon Dretch

[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Warning for weak hearts]Prepare for some shock and awe. I scored 3 crits![/sblock]

The heroes are valiant but the enemies are formidable. As the ballistas aim is improving but still not quite up to providing effective support, the enemies unleash hell.

The wounded javelin thrower remind itself to Raiko with a powerful and accurate shot while the half-orcs display the infamous fury of their orcish heritage. One nearly decapitate Max and leaves him on the edge of consciousness. The archers are impressively accurate as they pepper the
walls with flaming arrows.

Hell's Basement 1 on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=Haruka]It's an acrobatic check to reduce damage if you jump.[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Ballista
vs AC 19 HO1 (1d20+6=15, 2d10+8=16)

Javelin0 vs NW ballista crew
vs AC 19 HO1 (1d20+6=15, 2d10+8=16) miss

2 Javelins
Javelin with skimish; 1:Raiko, 2:Haruka, vs AC (1d20+12=32, 1d6+3+1d6=9, 1d20+12=18, 1d6+3+1d6=8) hit Raiko for crit (15-1), miss Haruka because of -2 for SW.
Moves: TPL

2 Half-orcs
1:vs Raiko (charge, +1) 2:vs Max (Evasive chop, free shifts), both use Furious assault racial encounter power if they hit (1d20+10=26, 1d10+5=13, 1d10=6, 1d20+10=30, 1d10+5=9, 1d10=2) wow... Hits Raiko for 19-1, Max for 25!

Archers:
1&2 vs NW Ballista, 3&4 vs Haruka (-2) (1d20+10=21, 1d10+1d6=10, 1d20+10=24, 1d10+1d6=7, 1d20+10=16, 1d10+1d6=12, 1d20+10=30, 1d10+1d6=11) Ballista hit twice, (27), Haruka hit once, crit (16)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Note]You take a -2 to attack when trying a ranged attack from upon the wall on a target at the feet of the wall (adjacent to it). You basically have to move your upper body over the wall to get a clean shot which isn't an easy position to shoot in.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats & Status]
Javelin 2: 29/70
Half-Orc 2: 16/62, furious assault spent
Half-orc 1: furious assault spent

Ballista NW: 12/80
Ballista crew NW: 36/50 prone
Ballista SW: 48/80

Haruka: 29/51
Ashir: 20/34
Raiko: 26 /54
Max: 2/37 [6/7]

Javelin Dancer
Perception 14
HP 70; Bloodied 35
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 19, Will 17
OA: Weapon, Spear
+11 vs AC; 1d8+3 damage.

Half-Orc Hunter
Perception 18; low-light vision
HP 62; Bloodied 31
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 18, Will 16
OA Battleaxe (if drawn)
+10 vs AC; 1d10+5 damage.

Eladrin Arcane Archer
Perception +7; low-light vision
HP 51; Bloodied 25
AC 17; Fortitude 16, Reflex 18, Will 16
OA Short Sword (if drawn)
+12 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Raiko takes the sharp javelin across his back. Though his eyes see the offender from the corner of his eyes he stays focussed on his target. The half-orc, thinking Raiko distracted, goes in for a viscous hit. Raiko tries to intercept but even with his new sword cannot match the halforcs speed.

He slides carefully closer and tosses a distinctly challenging glare toward the other half-orc. "Max, we should try and form up again."

[sblock=ooc]
Immediate Reaction on the Half-Orc. Parrying Katanna. 21 vs AC. Raiko negates the damage from his attack.

EDIT: My apologies. This fails. My attack is vs his Attack Roll not his AC.

Raiko marks Half-orc 1
Shifts, staying adjacent.
Valiant Strike. Miss

EDIT: Seeing as my parry failed I'd like to instead Mark Hal-orc 2 and then 2nd Wind. I'll keep the shift.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 4 (+2 to all defenses TENT)
Init: +2; P.Insight: 21; P.Perception: 15
AC: 24; Fort: 18; Reflex: 16; Will: 17
HP: 42/54; Surges: 16 hp, 12/13
Resist: All 1
AcP: 0
Potions: 3

Skills: Heal +7, History +8, Insight +11, Intimidate +10, Religion +6
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Strength from Valor, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength), Resurgence of the Defender, Knight's Fortitude
Paladin's Judgement, Amulet of Resolution, Parrying Bastard Sword, Blessing of the Defender[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Max, near death from two vicious attacks, still finds the will to fight on. "Yes Raiko, lets work on this one." he says pointing to the foe adjacent to Raiko. Max breaths deeply, which allows new health and vigor to spread through his limbs. He then quickly moves forward and attacks. To those watching, it is obvious that Max and Raiko have worked in tandum before as they witness the two deliver well calculated powerful blows to the hunter who winces in pain after each one. "Not so fun now that you chose to fight those who have the power to fight back now is it! I can tell you that I having a blast!" Max can't help himself with his taunting for he is too caught up in the adrenilin rush he always gets when he is in battle.

[sblock=actions]
minor: inspiring word on self: 1d6+surge for 13 bringing total up to 15
movement: see map
attack: concentrated attack on half-orc 1 vs AC: 1d20+9+2 (flank) = 25 for 2d8+5 = 12 and raiko gets a free basic melee attack with a +2 attack power bonus and +2 damage

raiko attack roll: 1d20+10 +2(power bonus) + 2(flank) +1 (lend might) vs AC = 24 for 1d10+6 = 10

total damage: 22

[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Max - Human Bravura Warlord 3
*Adverse Condition: BLOODIED
*Initiative: +2
*Human Feat (Action Surge): +3 on attack rolls when using AP
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 12
*Senses Normal
*HP 37 15
*Bloodied 18 Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 7 5
*AC =19
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 14 Speed 5
*action surges: 0
*action Points: (USED)
*Second Wind: 1
*Basic Attack: +9 to hit: 1d8+5 Damage
Powers
*At will:
Commander's Strike
Brash Assault
Opening Shove
*Encounter:
Inspiring Word 2 (2 USED)
Flattening Charge
Knight's Move
Vengence is Mine (USED)
*Daily
Concentrated Attack (USED)
Sword Power
Armor Power (USED)
[/sblock]

[sblock=AP Bravura Presence]

Bravura Presence

When an ally I see spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hit, the ally can choose to make a basic attack or a move action as a free action after the AP action. If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases