Adventure : Humanitas Severe

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Why didn't you just try to kill the 16hp archer? Odds were much better. But yeah, Ashir could try aid another and send the archers running with a successful aid roll. I can't be too touchy about the orders the rolls are made in given the way I run fights.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I didn't try to off the archer because it still would have taken several turns to kill the other one, what with his high reflex and concealment, and he could drop one of us in a good round, or both of us in a really good round. Even once we did kill him, we'd still have to rush over to stabilize Raiko and Max, which would take at least two rounds (Round 1, spend one move to fall off the wall, another to stand up from prone. Round 2, move over to comrades, apply healing potions). Meanwhile, they're taking death saves, and Max has already failed one. So I was hoping to take both archers out at once.

Besides, the chances that I'd kill the archer with an Eldritch Blast is a bit higher than 25%. The chance of spooking both archers is 20%. I think the potential payoff was large enough to warrant the risk. Sorry if it gets someone killed, but be comforted that Haruka will probably not be far behind.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ashir sees Haruka's tactics and does his best to aide her "Yeah... or else we'll come down there and show you why we're so terrifying... maybe..." he says, but even to himself the words ring false. His own confidence has been shattered by the debacle that his been this attempt at defending the village. With little left to do, Ashir draws and quaffs his only healing potion left.

[sblock=ooc]
Mal, is it using the post-errata aid another rules? If so, Ashir needs to beat DC 12 to successfully aid. With a +1 to his modifer, it's just under 50/50.... and he's certainly struggled to roll over 10. Then again I need an 11 to hit as is so there's really no harm in trying.

Wait...is only 1 of them hurt? So, we can really only get that one to retreat/surrender right? Damn...
Standard: intimidate (aid) (1d20+1=7) son of a b*tch... seriously? This would be funny if it wasn't so sad...
Move: Draw potion
Minor: Drink healing potion
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 23/34 Surges: 5/7 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Icy Rays (In Tome)
Fire Shroud

Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Shield (Moonstride)
Flaming Sphere
Gloves of Piercing
Robes of Contingency
Brooch of Shielding +1
Circlet of Second Chances
Summon Dretch

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
lol ... I'm sorry Renau1g...but it is funny...not the dice rolls, but the comments you say after them. I'm glad it is not me who has gone through this. Wait a minute! I'm dying! Who invented IC anyway?!
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Oh well. You missed the intimidate by only 2. Any number of reasons could justify a +2 circumstances bonus.

• Holding the high Ground
  • Influence of the dead god
  • Good line from THB
  • Ultimately, they are not good climber and can't really storm the fort anyway

On the other hand, retroactively handing out bonuses is a bit lame...

So I cut the apple in half; they will retreat as if the check had been successful, but not before launching a last volley!

vs Haruka
vs AC 18+2 (1d20+10-2=16, 1d10+1d6=10, 1d20+10-2=9, 1d10+1d6=7)

vs Ashir ref 17+2 (1d20+10=23, 1d10+1d6=4, 1d20+10=23, 1d10+1d6=5)

Eh. More volleys like that and the fight wouldn't have been so tough.

Haruka: 14/51 [9/10]
Ashir: 14/34 [5/7]
Raiko: -2/54 [8/13]
Max: -6/37 [3/7]
[/sblock]

The archers consult each others with a look. They then launch another volley, Ashir taking the worst of it, before retreating into the woods, leaving the defenders breathless and disbelieving.

[sblock=OOC]Of course, the archers are just 4 sqaures into the wood, bu that breaks LOS. Consider the fight over.[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Oh, I guess we ought to stabilize the dying.

Haruka watches with her most menacing scowl as the fey retreat into the treeline. As soon as she believes the eladrin are no longer watching her face reverts to a neutral expression. She looks down to her allies on the ground, then to the ladder down, and then to the gate. "Well, this will be fun." She clenches her eyes shut as she hoists herself over the makeshift battlements and falls to the ground below. Luckily she doesn't appear to be too badly hurt as she shakily rises back to her feet.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Step off the wall (fastest way down!). I take 3 damage and fall prone.
Standard->Move: Stand up.

So... I have Heal at +1, so I can take a shot at trying to trigger Max's Second Wind on my next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 5
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 17
AC: 18 | For: 19
| Ref: 19 | Will: 18
HP: 11/51| Bloodied: 25 | Surge value: 12 | Surges: 9/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +9 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos
Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas
Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
Bloodied[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Death Save 6

I do not have my second wind available, but I do have potions on my belt.[/sblock]

Raiko's coughs, and a gurgle accompanies a splash of blood as he begins to slip away. He struggles through waking reality, seeking out guidance from his ancestors who are not there. He only feels the reverberating, intrusive presence of the dying god.

Remove ads