D&D 4th Edition Adventure : Humanitas Severe - Page 2





+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 407
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Raiko keeps one hand on his sheathed sword, and his shield up as he cautiously explores the perimeter, trying to find the source of the conversation.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    OOC
    It occurs to me that there is not much point in delaying describing what happens when you investigate the screaming.

    Just post your reactions to both events in order, we'll try to reconcile it as best we can.


    The Screaming

    Those who rush in direction of the screaming crash through the forest and reach a clearing. They are shocked to see a terrified little girl of about ten. At her feet is a older women bleeding to death with a spear through the chest. Standing above them, an animated Dauntonian looking noble equipped as a hunter.

    -''No!'' shouts the man. ''I paid for the girl! I want the girl! I'll pay ex...''

    With no warning, the hunter disappears out of thin air along with the spear. The woman takes a last breath and becomes inert as the child throw herself over her and cries hysterically.

    OOC
    If you don't rush and tries to be stealthy, you miss the disappearing hunter and only see the child and the dead woman.

  • #13
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    "This place is freak'n crazy!" Max yells as he rushes foward trying in vain to take a swipe with his sword at the nobel hunter as he vanishes. Max stops and looks down at the girl. As he begins to come to her aide, his senses hold him back, thinking that it might be a trap. "Calm yourself now little girl. He's gone now. He wont hurt you" is the only thing he can think of to say to try to settle the girl down.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #14
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Raiko takes a cautious step towards the screaming but when Max rushes past him he follows close behind. He just makes the clearing to see the assailant vanish.

    "Great. Now we're dealing with ghosts."
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #15
    When the voice begins to speak Haruka pushes herself to her feet. She stares at apparently nothing as her hands clench into fists. She remains tense for a few moments after the voice fades away, and it looks like she's about to speak when the scream is heard.

    "Oh, what?!" Haruka exclaims, watching her companions rush blindly into the woods. "What did I just say?" She makes an inarticulate sound of frustration before looking over at Ashir, "Better to not be left behind," and following the others.

    Upon arriving at the clearing, she immediately turns on Raiko, not even noticing the girl, "What the hell are you playing at, running off like that? Did you not hear me when I said we need to stay together..." Haruka glances over her shoulder and sees the child. All of her fury immediately drains away and her expression becomes one of genuine concern. "Oh no..." she murmurs as she approaches the girl.

    Haruka crouches by the child and softly lays a hand on her shoulder. If the girl doesn't resist, Haruka gently pulls her off the woman and into a (hopefully) comforting hug. "It's going to be ok. He's gone. I won't let anyone hurt you."

    Haruka's mini-stats
    Haruka Sato human warlock 5
    Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 17
    AC: 18 | For: 17
    | Ref: 17 | Will: 16
    HP: 51/51| Bloodied: 23 | Surge value: 11 | Surges: 10/10
    Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
    Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
    AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
    Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6 damage
    Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
    Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
    Vampiric Embrace
    Fiery Bolt

    Flames of Phlegethos
    Tyrannical Threat

    Ethereal Stride

    Deathcut Armor
    Prison of Salzacas

    Conditions:

  • #16
    Ashir allows Haruka to go and comfort the girl, but follows into the clearing, heeding her words, his heart breaking at the sight and his ability to prevent the hunter from leaving bothered him.

    Ashir waits at the edge of the clearing, keeping his eyes out for any subterfuge that may be happening. "What happened?" he calls out to Max

  • #17
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Raiko seems flummoxed at Haruka's reactions to all this and slowly moves next to Ashir. He bends down and whispers. "I think maybe the plane is having some kind of mental affect on the mistress of magic."
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #18
    "Oh dear, I hope this doesn't have any ill-effects on myself..." the genasi says, a worried look on his face as he opens his tome and does his best to keep himself from overthinking the situation


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #19
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Max moves next to the wizard and paladin and states to Ashir in a hushed voice what happened, all the while watching the Haruka comfort the little girl. "What now?...Never a dull moment here is there." To the little girl Max states "Hang in there kid. You're safe now..."
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #20
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Raiko and Ashir
    Did you miss the fact that both of your character might have heard the entire monologue from the mysterious entity depending on a religion/arcana check?


    The young girl throws her arms around Haruka's neck and cries hysterically for a long time, slowly calming down and trying to explain what happened.

    -''The... *SOB* The Lord... *SOB* Severus he said we had to disband the village. My mom got scared and... and she decided we should run but a hunter caught us and...''

    She resumes crying for a short while but eventually stops, exhausted.

    -''I don't understand this place. My mom and I were fleeing the army through the Marian wood yesterday and then we saw that weird man with long blonde air and he was mean. He laughed and... I don't know. We fell asleep. We woke up here... Well, in the desert part of here. It changes so fast. We walked a bit and found a village with walls. The people were not scary and there was a nice leady who gave us food... But then there was a great booming voice saying bad things about the village. It was coming like from the sky and it said we had to abandon the village or we would die in a bad bad way. Mother got scared. The nice lady said we should stay but she was tired of war and she took me and we left. That's when the hunter found us. He was so mean! He was harassing us and he cut and he run, he left us get ahead but he track us down always. He said... he wanted to play with me when we could not run. But not play nice, you know? Then mom couldn't take it anymore and she rushed him and...''

    She trails off, silent tear filling her eyes. She is broken but seem to fully realize that her mother is gone. She probably comes from a land of conflict where death is common.

    -''I want to go back to the village. The people were nice there.'' she says in a drained, small voice. ''But first, we must burn the body of mommy so her soul is free. Can you do this, please?''

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. How severe would you rule the damage done?
      By StreamOfTheSky in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd December, 2008, 04:38 PM
    2. The problem with elves take 2: A severe condemnation [merged]
      By Edena_of_Neith in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 371
      Last Post: Sunday, 2nd September, 2007, 08:06 PM
    3. Severe Injuries: What systems are out there?
      By AFGNCAAP in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th December, 2003, 06:23 AM
    4. Replies: 3
      Last Post: Tuesday, 3rd December, 2002, 11:42 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •