Adventure : Humanitas Severe

renau1g

First Post
Ashir moves up carefully, cursing their choice of going through the forest and spots the second archer. The flaming arrows on his allies made Ashir quite angry, they were sitting ducks here and then the drake! Knowing this was a desperate battle, the wizard drew upon his most potent spell, a powerful fire spell. The archer is able to dodge its initial assault, but the tremendous heat of the flames will burn anything close to it.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: to current spot
Standard: Flaming Sphere centered on L9 - attack K10 archer - vs ref (archer K10); fire damage; start of turn fire (1d20+7=10, 2d6+9=18, 1d4+9=13) easily a miss, but both archers take 13 damage on their next turn for starting next to the ball
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 30/34+10thp Surges: 3/7 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Icy Rays (In Tome)
Fire Shroud
Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Shield (Moonstride)
Flaming Sphere
Gloves of Piercing
Robes of Contingency
Brooch of Shielding +1
Circlet of Second Chances
Summon Dretch

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=MAx]I am pretty sure THB is correct and the AP + daily has been used in the previous fight. So just Double move.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
yeah. sorry about that everyone. I believe that max has none of his daily powers available for this battle.
[/sblock]

Max, now in position to attack the bear, yells to Raiko "Shift over a little to your left Raiko. Yeah...right there" As Raiko moves, the bear is distracted, leaving an opening for Max. Max swings with all of his might creating a deep gash on the bear's right leg. The bear turns, swinging wildly with his right claw swishing over Max's head. Raiko sees his chance to make the bear pay, and does so by thrusting his blade into the bear's back.

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: knight's move: raiko shift one spot to the left to cause a flanking situation.

attack: brash attack against bear: 1d20+9+2 (flank) + 1 (god power) = 27 for 10

bear attack on max: 1d20+10+2 vs AC: 18 miss..whew! :)

Raiko attack: 1d20+9+2 (flank) + 1(lend might) = 27 for 1d10+6= 11

total damage on bear: 21 hp

[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"This form makes movement delayed!" He swings at the bear, expertly with his sword, but gets blocked by a swipe of the paw. "I have little choice but to deal with the bear first."

[sblock=ooc]
Standard: Holy Strike Miss[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 4 (Bloodied)
Init: +2; P.Insight: 21; P.Perception: 15
AC: 24; Fort: 18; Reflex: 16; Will: 17
HP: 52/54 +10 thp; Surges: 16 hp, 4/13
Resist: All 1
AcP: 0
Potions: 1

Skills: Heal +7, History +8, Insight +11, Intimidate +10, Religion +6
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (0/3 per day)
Piercing Smite, Strength from Valor, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength), Resurgence of the Defender, Knight's Fortitude (2/2)
Paladin's Judgement, Dragonfear, Amulet of Resolution, Parrying Bastard Sword, Blessing of the Defender[/sblock]

[sblock=Extra Powers]
Resurgence of the defender
Minor action, healing, encounter
Religion Check DC 15, one target with
Target: An ally within 5 square or adjacent to one of the stones.
Action: make a religion check DC 15. If successful, the target may spend a healing surge and gain 1d6+5 additional HP.
Failure: The power is not expanded.
Special: This can be successfully used twice in one encounter but only once successfully per round.

Knight's fortitude
Minor, encounter
Requisite: Must be within 10 square of the large rock at the center of the camp or adjacent (touching) one of the smaller one.
Target: An ally within 5 squares or adjacent to one of the stones
Action: Make a religion check DC 15. If successful, the target gets an immediate saving throw with a +5 bonus.
Failure: The power is not expanded

Blessing of the protector
Standard, Daily
Target: You and every Ally within 10 square of the large rock or adjacent to one of the smaller ones.
Action: Make a religion check DC 20. If successful, targets gain +1 to attack until the end of the encounter as well as 10 THP.
Failure: The power is not expanded.
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"I hate the pets of the fey," Haruka states, swiping her hand across the drake's snout. It is a light blow, but the creature recoils as though stung. "I hate the realms of the fey," she laments as her form dissipates into scarlet mist. Haruka reforms at the edge of the clearing, sending a tangible wave of backlash at the two archers. "But what I really hate are the fey themselves."

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Curse drake.
Move: Ethereal Stride to N11, gaining +2 to all defenses and retaining concealment.
Standard: Tyrannical Threat, which will catch both eladrin. Hits both with a 16 and 28 vs Will for an amazing 8 psychic damage. They are both cursed. In addition, for the rest of the encounter, whenever an enemy cursed by me attacks me, that enemy takes 3 psychic damage.

By the way Mal, your status has me at having 3 more hp than I actually do, since I didn't start the combat at full. And what are the light blue squares in the clearing?[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 5
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 17
AC: 18 | For: 19
| Ref: 19 | Will: 18
HP: 44/51| Bloodied: 25 | Surge value: 12 | Surges: 3/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +9 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos
Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas
Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
Concealed
+2 to all defenses
Tyrannically Threatening
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Blue squares are tents. Ashir couldn't have made his fire sphere appear through the tent because of LOS issues but it can certainly move through it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Knight's Move]It grants a a move action, but Raiko couldn't shift; it's difficult terrain and each move count double, including shifts (unless you are an elf). Since Raiko has no powers allowing him to shift 2 squares by move action, he couldn't move in flanking position without risking an Opportunity attack.

Since neither attacks would have missed without the +2 bonus, I'll just retcon that move; you still have your utility power.
[/sblock]

[sblock=You can't shift in difficult terrain!]It counts double. You can't do the standard Move action to shift 1 square. You need a power that allows you to shift more than 1 square (and then pay double).
[/sblock]

The Bear furiouslt attack Raiko and finally makes a dent.

The drake locks on Ashir and puts the wizard in a precarious position.

Not as precarious as Haruka, though! The last occupant of the camp comes into view; an elven death shaman. Together with the archers, they inflict a volley of fire that shake the warlock.

Hell's Basement 1 on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=Actions]
Cave Bear
2 attacks (using AP) vs Raiko AC (1d20+10=29, 2d8+5-1=15, 1d20+10=22, 2d8+5-1=11) 1 hit

Ambush Drake
Charge TPL
Ambush Drake vs Ashir AC (1d20+11+1=24, 2d6+3=11)

Archers
Moves: TPL
Fire Arrows (1d20+10-2=9, 1d10+1d6=16, 1d20+10-2=14, 1d10+1d6=12, 1d20+10-2=25, 1d10+1d6=4, 1d20+10-2=14, 1d10+1d6=8)

Wow. A very good outcome. Hit only once and for just 4. And they take 6 damage each (Which will teach them pretty fast not to use fire arrow again if they can help it!)

Skullborn shaman
Bone dart vs Ref Haruka (1d20+9-2=23, 1d6+3+1d6=12) 1d6+3 is necrotic and the xtra 1d6 is cold.
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Bear: 138/170 AP used

Archer 1: 24/51
Archer 2: 24/51

Haruka: 28/51
Max : 33/37
Raiko: 49/54
Ashir: 29/34

Cave Bear
Perception 15; darkvision
HP 170; Bloodied 85
AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 18
Saving Throws +2
OA Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 2d8+5 damage.

Eladrin Arcane Archer
Perception 17; low-light vision
HP 51; Bloodied 25
AC 17; Fortitude 16, Reflex 18, Will 16
OA Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+12 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Ambush Drake
Perception 13
HP 71; Bloodied 35
AC 20; Fortitude 19, Reflex 18, Will 16
OA Claws (standard, at-will)
+11 vs AC; 2d6+3 damage.

Skullborn Necromancer
Perception 20; low-light vision
HP 61; Bloodied 30
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 17, Will 18
OA Draining Touch (standard, at-will)
+9 vs Reflex; 1d8+2 damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to Fortitude
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Max hears Haruka taking damage from her location behind the rock. He risks his cover in order to help. In doing so he takes a massive claw swipe from the bear right in the chest. "Arrrgghhhh" Max states as he dreadfully underestimated the power of the bear. Carrying on with his objective he speaks. "Keep up the pressure Haruka. We'll be there as soon as we can!" He then attacks the bear from his new position.

[sblock]

movement shown on map.
minor: inspiring word on Haruka: 1d6 plus she gets an HS: 3 plus the HS
attack: brash assault vs bear ac: 1d20+9+2 (flank)+1(god power) = 14 argh!

[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Don't forget, I also have 5 necrotic resistance from my armor, so I was only dropped to 33/51.

Haruka smirks as her shadow lashes out in retaliation against her attackers. She reaches out towards one of the archers, but her hex finds no purchase. Frowning, she slips past their guards as she whispers maledictions against the fey arcanist.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Vampiric Embrace the southern eladrin. Missed so I take a point to not lose the power.
Move: Move to P6, retain concealment.
Minor: Curse necromancer.

ren, how well can you operate with the drake on you? Do we need to reprioritize our targets?[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 5
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 17
AC: 18 | For: 19
| Ref: 19 | Will: 18
HP: 47/51| Bloodied: 25 | Surge value: 12 | Surges: 2/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +9 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos
Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas
Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
Concealed
Tyrannically Threatening
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Rules Question]
Ok, so enlarge spell increases Blast size by 1 right? So thunderwave is now blast 4 if its enlarged. Ok, so a blast 3 is one square on each side of Ashir (L,M,N on our battlemap), now by increasing it by 1, do I choose which column is added (i.e. I'd prefer K to catch the bear)? I'll assume yes, but if not, then I'll use Fire Shroud instead, which has the same attack, but slightly different damage [/sblock]

Ashir focuses on maintaining the deadly fire spell, despite the bite from the drake, luckily the godling, Raiko, had buffered their strength. Ignoring the closeness of the beast, Ashir moves the ball onto one of the tents and continues to force the eladrin into the forest, and closer to his allies.

With that completed, Ashir then turns to the close threat, conjuring an explosion of sound that washes over the drake, and catching the large bear as well, but the trees disrupt the wave and it is easily withstood. Drawing on his inner strength, Ashir unleashes another assault and this time the drake is knocked back a step from the wizard, giving him a moment of breathing room.

[sblock=ooc]
*Ashir should be ok at close quarters for a round or two, need to finish off those archers! He's got shield to help with an attack + the daily power of his brooch to essentially block 1 attack.
Minor: Sustain the Sphere
Move: Move Sphere to L10
Standard: Enlarged Thunderwave - catching K,L,M,N 15,16,17,18 - Thunderwave (drake, bear); thunder damage (1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=9, 1d6+7=8) Bwah!
Ok...AP: repeat - Thunderwave (drake, bear); thunder damage (1d20+7=22, 1d20+7=13, 1d6+7=9) ok, one hits on the drake for 9 measly damage, but its pushed to N17.

Oh, forgot +1 to hit again., but still just misses the drake on the 1st attack.

Eladrin takes fire (1d4+9=10) at start of its turn
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 29/34 Surges: 3/7 Surge Value: 8 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Icy Rays (In Tome)
Fire Shroud
Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Shield (Moonstride)
Flaming Sphere
Gloves of Piercing
Robes of Contingency
Brooch of Shielding +1
Circlet of Second Chances
Summon Dretch

[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
ooc: Don't forget, I also have 5 necrotic resistance from my armor, so I was only dropped to 33/51.

[sblock=OOC]And that's why I specify what type of damage I use! So player can remind me if they happen to be resistant! ;)

Actually, I'm serious.[/sblock]

[sblock=Max]So that was a move and it caused an OA

OA vs Max AC (1d20+10=28, 2d8+5=18)

ouch
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ashir]You can place the 4x4 square however you want as long as at least one corner of it. Your attack was fine.

PS: I moved the sphere. You should moved it around and push the drake where you want to yourself.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads