Adventure : Humanitas Severe

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Of course meimei*, we'll tend to your mother." Haruka looks up at Ashir, "I think your skills may be better suited to this task than mine are, if you wouldn't mind." She then turns her attention back to the girl, "Then we'll take you back to the village and sort everything out. My name's Haruka. Would you like to tell me yours?"

[sblock=*Alright, alright]I know the Kingdom is more Japanese than Chinese, so it may be more fitting for Haruka to be calling the kid "imouto" rather than "meimei". But "meimei" is cuter, so mneh. It's not like anyone's written up the rules for Tsugo, anyway.

Oh, der, "imouto" and "meimei" mean "little sister", in case you're wondering what on earth I'm going on about.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 5
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 17
AC: 18 | For: 17
| Ref: 17 | Will: 16
HP: 51/51| Bloodied: 23 | Surge value: 11 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos
Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas

Conditions:[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=DM]When you said "don't roll twice" I assumed you did not want me to reroll those checks, since I already made one of each. Since my checks qualified for you hear words as if in another room I went with that.

Religion 8 So I guess he didnt hear anything.[/sblock]

Raiko looks concerned for the girl, and on hearing the story about the village sets about climbing a tree to look around.

[sblock=Skills]Athletivs 14, Perception 13[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"What? Burn the body? ME?!?!" Ashir says, his expression of complete surprise. The genasi had just fought his first battle not hours ago, well assuming time past at the same rate, and was just wrapping his head around the slaying of sentient creatures, and now he was asked to do this grisly task? An audible *gulp* is heard (at least by those around him), and the wizard closes his tome.

He drags his feet as he moves closer, the shoulders slumped as Ashir comes close to the body, "I take no pleasure in this... I do this for you. We have much to discuss you and I" he says, staring at Haruka, his gaze not leaving her as concentrates for a moment a ball of fire covers the body and the grass surrounding it. "It is done" Ashir says, as he turns his back, a few tears of frustration rolling down his face.

[sblock=Skills]
I figured Ashir had rolled that 15 just prior to your last post, so I assumed that was his roll. If I get to make another - arcana (1d20+11=20) [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Don't roll twice...]I said that either religion or arcana was appropriate to overhear the mystic conversation. When I said don't roll twice, I meant that you should just pick one, not try both and take the best.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max, while watching the child, thinks back to when he was younger, sitting by a fire listening intently to his father's stories, hanging on every word. In one of his stories, this place was mentioned, but when, and why? For a few agonizing moments, he struggles to think of the context of the story. Hmmmm what is it?

history check: 1d20+8=13

Aggghh...maybe I think of it later he says to himself as he quickly comes back to reality as the memory of his father fades. He then focusses on the group's only lead, the child.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Raiko's tree climbing is more comical than impressive, but it gets the jobs done. After much noise, broken branches and cussing, Raiko gets back on the ground, leaves stuck everywhere on his armor. He has seen smoke in the distance and knows the direction of the village.

-''My name's Haruka. Would you like to tell me yours?''

-''Jenn.'' she says as she dries her tears. She is remarkably composed as Ashir incinerates the body. ''I love you. Tell daddy I love him too.'' she whispers.

The group then travels in direction of the village. They haven't walked a mile before the forest makes place to a savanna. Two more miles and it has become a desert. The heat is scalding.

-''Don't worry.'' says Lana. ''It's not very big.''

Sure enough, fifteen minutes later the desert is making way to a prairie with patch of forest. Rounding one such patch, a wooden fortification with small towers are in sight, about two hundred feet away. There are small gardens around the walls with a handful of villager tending them.

Suddenly, a large bolt, the size of javelin, flies in direction of the heroes, fired by a rough looking ballista mounted on one of the tower. It misses the lead by just two feet.

-''DON'T COME ANY CLOSER! WE HAVE A CATAPULT AND WE'RE NOT AFFRAID TO USE IT!'' shouts a man.

-''STOP SHOOTING! THEY HAVE JENN! YOU'LL HURT HER!'' shoots back one of the gardener.

She walks toward the group, hand extended. You see that she is a young half-elf. Her clothings are of fine make but tattered and fraying. She looks like a noble who has had recently been forced to become a farmer.

-''Please, sirs, I know you have a quota. Surely you don't want to waste it on a young girl. Free her and you can have me instead. Please.'' she says, her voice shaking.

-''NEVA, DON'T BE DAFT! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S THEIR QUOTA! THEY MAY TAKE YOU BOTH! GET BACK TO SAFETY!''

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Raiko goes for his sword when the Ballista bolt comes in but sheathes it fully when the other woman moves forward. He steps forward and shouts.

"Sir I assure you we have no humanoid quota, but if you insist on firing any shot at us I will gladly hurl it back!"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka immediately interposes herself between the ballista and Jenn. She looks at the half-elf in confusion, "Quota? What on earth are you talking about? Wha-" suddenly her eyes narrow, "You're being hunted. People are paying to hunt you. Someone paid to hunt Jenn." She pulls the girl close to her. "I have no intention of harming her. But I now have every intention of hurting those responsible for this. Perhaps we can talk."

dimsdale

First Post
"Quota! What's this all about? Please...do tell!" Max raises his voice to the woman in a not so threatening...threatening way.

ooc: intimidation check: 1d20+5=14

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases