Adventure : Humanitas Severe

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=XP]

1st Fight

1 Eladrin Archer [cut the apple in half on that one; we can argue defeating one but the second was a freebie]
2 Javelin barbarian
2 Half orcs hunter

total: 1100 XP, doubled then divided by 5.

I divide by 5 because the fort was designed to be weigh as much as fifth PC of your level. It took its share of hit, had healing powers and attacks.

1100 /* 2 / 5 = 440

2nd Fight

1 Cave Bear
1 Ambush Drake
1 Skullborn sorcerer
2 Archers

Total: 1350 XP

This time the extra powers of Raiko will only count as an extra .25 contribution. This amounted to extra healing and some buffing but no extra attack or extra body to soak the hits.

1350 * 2 / 4.25 = 635 xp

Total: 1075 XP

Time XP: Started May the 15th to August the 8th = 85 days

85/365: 23.3% of a level

Level 3: 1500xp * 23.3% = 349
Level 4: 1750xp * 23.3% = 408
Level 5: 2000xp * 23.3% = 465

Max: 1424xp
Raiko and Ashit: 1483xp
Haruka: 1541xp
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka grins, radiating glee. "See friends? While the fey are unimaginably frustrating, they can't take a punch. Or, in this case," she giggles, the sound sharp and harsh, "a gout of fire." It looks like Haruka's about to say more, when suddenly she stumbles and barely manages to catch herself before she falls. She takes a couple deep breaths before speaking, and when she does speak again her voice is much softer. "...Actually, that took a lot out of me. I don't know how long our avian ally can maintain his hold on Raiko, but I'm not sure I could make it through another fight today."

[sblock=I'm hurt bad...]Like, extended rest bad. I don't even have enough surges to get back to full.

God, I've never run out of surges before, on any of my characters. It's so scary! I certainly never expected it to happen to Haruka, what with her high con and temp hp. I blame Comrade's Succor, and I definitely don't blame my decision to draw the attention of three enemies at once.

Oh, and that is enough xp for Haruka to level.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Unfortunately, Max is used to being out of surges. :p

I've helped that a little by choosing a feat: Armored Warlord where Max gains another surge as well as become proficient in using scale armor.
[/sblock]

After the battle Max yells! Damn bear!, obviously still angry at the bear catching him off guard during the battle. He responds by repeatedly thrusts his sword into the lifeless bear. Suddenly, the fatigue from battle hits him like a hammer. Yes...I agree with Haruka. Max collapses against a tree. Looking towards Raiko, Any chance we can rest a bit after checking out their camp for clues?

[sblock=updated stats]
Max - Human Bravura Warlord 4
*Adverse Condition:
*Initiative: +3
*Human Feat (Action Surge): +3 on attack rolls when using AP
*Passive Insight 14
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses Normal
*HP 42
*Bloodied 21 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 8
*AC = 24
*Fortitude 21 Reflex 19 Will 16 Speed 5
*action surges: 0
*action Points: 1
*Second Wind: 1
*Basic Attack: +11 to hit: 1d8+6 Damage
Powers
*At will:
Commander's Strike
Brash Assault
Opening Shove
*Encounter:
Inspiring Word 2
Flattening Charge
Grit and Spittle
Vengence is Mine
*Daily
Concentrated Attack
Sword Power
Armor Power
[/sblock]

[sblock=AP Bravura Presence]

Bravura Presence

When an ally I see spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hit, the ally can choose to make a basic attack or a move action as a free action after the AP action. If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Raiko godly power fade slowly away. As for his new personality... That's another matter entirely. As a valiant young warrior died, a an ancient justicar sezied a new chance to set things right.

[sblock=Treasure]
Max: Imposter drakescale +2

Haruka: Cold Iron Bracers

Raiko: Shield of Speed and evasion, mystically develops the Tattoo of Righteous Wrath (actually the tattoo of vengeance).

Ashir: Belt of Sonnlinor
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=XP]
1st Fight

1 Eladrin Archer [cut the apple in half on that one; we can argue defeating one but the second was a freebie]
2 Javelin barbarian
2 Half orcs hunter

total: 1100 XP, doubled then divided by 5.

I divide by 5 because the fort was designed to be weigh as much as fifth PC of your level. It took its share of hit, had healing powers and attacks.

1100 /* 2 / 5 = 440

2nd Fight

1 Cave Bear
1 Ambush Drake
1 Skullborn sorcerer
2 Archers

Total: 1350 XP

This time the extra powers of Raiko will only count as an extra .25 contribution. This amounted to extra healing and some buffing but no extra attack or extra body to soak the hits.

1350 * 2 / 4.25 = 635 xp

Total: 1075 XP

Time XP: Started May the 15th to August the 8th = 85 days

85/365: 23.3% of a level

Level 3: 1500xp * 23.3% = 349
Level 4: 1750xp * 23.3% = 408
Level 5: 2000xp * 23.3% = 465

Max: 1424xp
Raiko and Ashit: 1483xp
Haruka: 1541xp
[/sblock]

ooc: approved!

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Raiko suddenly falls to his knees at the end of the fight. He felt physically ill, his divinity finally fading away. "Yes, I think sleep is needed. It has been so very long."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Searching the camp yield substantial loot but no clue as to how these people planned on going back. The heroes elation at victory is tempered by a growing sense of futility; what have they accolplished? Will new hunters just come on the morning? How can they stop that nightmarish cycle?

Filled with doubt, they head back toward the village.

[sblock=OOC]Extended rest in sight at the village, level up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The heroes return to the village as... well... heroes! The children cheers, people embrace each other and celebrate one more day alive.

-''They don't telport too close to the village.'' says Sir Teven. ''We should be all right for maybe two days.''

He puts up a brave front but it is clear he is aware that he knows the hunters will return in strenght. Over and over. They need a miracle. You all do.

[sblock=OOC]
All right, I want to see new CB files uploaded (or tell me that you are done with the wiki). I will check your PCs then I have a whole melodramatic Last Samurai (after the first 6!) post to polish. Get ready for soundtrack and everything. And bone up on your 'Never Surrender!' Alamo speeches. ;) [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max, now rested, prepares for the worst. Looking up from his seated position as he continues sharpening his sword, he states. They made a mistake in underestimating our strength. They wont make the same mistake again. Be ready all.

ooc: CS for Max

[sblock=statblock]
Max - Human Bravura Warlord 4
*Adverse Condition:
*Initiative: +5
*Human Feat (Action Surge): +3 on attack rolls when using AP
*Passive Insight 14
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses Normal
*HP 42
*Bloodied 21 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 8
*AC = 24
*Fortitude 21 Reflex 19 Will 16 Speed 5
*action surges: 0
*action Points: 1
*Second Wind: 1
*Basic Attack: +11 to hit: 1d8+6 Damage
Powers
*At will:
Commander's Strike
Brash Assault
Opening Shove
*Encounter:
Inspiring Word 2
Flattening Charge
Grit and Spittle
Vengence is Mine
*Daily
Concentrated Attack
Sword Power
Armor Power
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ashir limps more than walks into the villiage, having exhausted his arcane resources and nearly to the end of his vitality. The genasi smiles weakly and raises one arm in greeting as high as he can, which is nearly to his shoulder, before it drops back down.

He sits down and closes his eyes for a minute, waiting for everyone to get settled and continues to study his tome, coming upon a very interesting chapter on the summoning and binding of extraplanar creatures. Ashir's eyes sparkle and lightning courses along his visible veins as he reads the book.

[sblock=CB Summary]
I'll need to spend 1 or 2 DM credits to bump up the 250 xp to level up, but i'll be doing it. I've selected Summon Magma Beast and Stinking Cloud as my spells, Magma Beast will be the one memorized.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Ashir, level 5
Genasi, Wizard
Arcane Implement Mastery: Tome of Readiness
Elemental Manifestation: Stormsoul
Background: Recent Life - Demon-Hunter (Endurance class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 19, Con 12, Dex 12, Int 19, Wis 13, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 12, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 8.

AC: 19 Fort: 18 Reflex: 17 Will: 16
HP: 38 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 9

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +11, Nature +10, Religion +11, Endurance +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +3, Heal +3, History +6, Insight +3, Intimidate +1, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Streetwise +1, Thievery +3, Athletics +6

FEATS
Wizard: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Elemental Empowerment
Level 2: Unarmored Agility
Level 4: Enlarge Spell

POWERS
Tome of Readiness: Icy Rays
Tome of the Replenishing Flame +1: Flaming Sphere
Tome of the Replenishing Flame +1: Summon Fire Warrior
Wizard at-will 1: Thunderwave
Wizard at-will 1: Scorching Burst
Wizard encounter 1: Burning Hands
Wizard daily 1: Summon Dust Devil
Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Summon Dretch
Wizard utility 2: Shield
Wizard utility 2 Spellbook: Mystical Debris
Wizard encounter 3: Fire Shroud
Wizard daily 5: Summon Magma Beast
Wizard daily 5 Spellbook: Stinking Cloud

ITEMS
Spellbook, Adventurer's Kit, Alchemical Reagents (Arcana) (10), Rare Herbs (Nature) (10), Potion of Healing (heroic tier), Quarterstaff, Tome of the Replenishing Flame +1, Gloves of Piercing (heroic tier), Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Brooch of Shielding +1, Circlet of Second Chances (heroic tier)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
[/sblock]

Remove ads