Adventure : Humanitas Severe

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka smirks as she inexpertly tends to her wounds. "They didn't exactly underestimate us by much. If Lord Severus has any real strength at his disposal then we'll probably end up being a cautionary tale to those who would think to resist him in the future."

ooc: Updated wiki here.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Damn, time has been in short supply lately. And even this weekend flew by with a charity golf tournament (not for celebrities, you can be sure of that! ;) ) and visiting condos.

Update soon.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Scorpius]Are you updating?[/sblock]

The whole village celebrates for the entire evening. There is dancing and music with improvised instruments, mostly flutes and percussions. There is good food, gathered in a hurry through snares and traps by hunters who felt they were safe for a few hours. Most of all, there is good humour for the first time in a long while. Children are running and playing around the camp and lovers are enlacing tenderly. Many villagers, some very young, gave the heroes token of their appreciation; small wooden carved figurines or modest metalwork. A young woman of about fifteen offered a particularly tasteful rose shaped hairpin made of crude iron. The celebrations go on into the night.

Suddenly the night lights up and a ghostly apparition fills the sky above the village. The head of a man appears hundred of yards in the air, looking down on the village as if it was a ant hill. He is appears coldly beautiful and cruel.

drelmaldictionrage555codx2.jpg

-''Congratulations on your victories, mortals. I am Ethan Severus, the Lord of this game preserve.

I want to congratulate the intruders for their bold victory. I am impressed. It took some magic before I even learned your names. I speak of the warrior known only to me as Max, bold and courageous. I speak of the young lady Haruka who is a woman after my own heart, not afraid to make dangerous deals to achieve what must be achieved, and I speak of the wizard Ashir, clever and cool headed even in the face of adversity.

I feel honor bound to reward your bravery and skill. I offer you the chance to leave this preserve. I even offer you the chance to join me as vassals, but if you are not thus inclined, I understand and will let you be on your way. You have earned as much.

I mourn with you the passing of Raiko, proud and virtuous knight from the Jadite kingdom. He fought bravely. You will, I hope, understand that I cannot offer the same to the sinister agency that took over your friend's body. I must destroy it. As for the village, it has to be razed and the preys must resume their duty.

I hope you will be reasonable and accept my generous offer. I will not offer again and the next attack shall be overwhelming. I expect your answer tomorrow night.

And on this note, have a nice evening.''

The apparition disappears and the night is again dark. This time, so is the mood as the villagers huddle together, optimism gone.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Max spits in the direction of the fading image. Your offer means nothing to me! Max turns to the crowd. Stay strong and be brave. This all ends tomorrow. Soon you will not have to live in fear anymore!

[sblock=lol]
While I was writing max's reply "stay thirsty my friends...", a quote from some beer comercial in the US, popped in my head. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Beer Commercial]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U18VkI0uDxE]YouTube - Dos Equis - The Most Interesting Man In The World[/ame][/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yes, Im sorry. i kept intending to, I even have a little sticky note on my monitor. Its just not something I can do at work as of late.

However, if Ashir can't level without DM credits, then Raiko can't either. We were neck and neck for XP last time I checked. I will not be spending DM credits at this time. So I guess Raiko's not leveling.[/sblock]

Raiko shakes his head, shamed that he has brought danger to these heroes. He cannot ask them to go or stay. He merely drops to one knee and lowers his head, trying to commune with any of the essence he lost that may still be drifting through the plane.

renau1g

First Post
"You think I would leave these people to their fate at your hands? No, I shall now allow that to happen. I am stronger than you think Severus. You've made a mistake revealing yourself, I now have a target" Ashir shouts at the departed figure, surprising even himself with his response, a far cry from his normally cool and collected demeanor. He turns to the assembled townsfolk and his eyes are steel as they move over the group.

Seeing Raiko on bended knee, the genasi leans in close, "I will not leave you brother" clasping him on the shoulder and moving on to Max, nodding to the warrior, and onto Haruka, "If we mean to have a chance, you and I have some things to discuss, I know there are things I can learn from you, although I am afraid of what path they may lead me down, I know that at this juncture I have little avenues of alternatives. This evening will be best spent pooling our knowledge and perhaps acquiring some new knowledge" Ashir whispers to the woman.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka smiles. For once the expression is not cruel, cold, or manipulative. It is completely earnest. With a slight twisting motion she pulls away from Ashir and steps apart from the rest of group. "My goodness. Here I thought all hope was lost, but then Lord Severus himself steps out of the night and offers deliverance. How considerate. Clearly he thinks highly of us. That's very reassuring." Her voice is soft and calm, but the iron rose hairpin dances between her fingers as she speaks, "And did you hear what he called me? A woman after his own heart. His words. I can only hope to not disappoint." She gives a small sigh before turning back to Ashir. Her smile sharpens as she pantomimes smelling the flower-shaped pin, "If there is anything you wish of me Ashir, you just need to ask. My knowledge is yours."

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Raiko shakes his head, shamed that he has brought danger to these heroes. He cannot ask them to go or stay. He merely drops to one knee and lowers his head, trying to commune with any of the essence he lost that may still be drifting through the plane.

Max turns to Raiko We're all in friend. Let's end this tomorrow night. We got your back.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases