Adventure : Humanitas Severe

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yes, I drank excellent beer, thank you very much. I ranked them and annoted them on my ipod. I drank 9 different sample (Which amount to about hald a beer each). Most were solid, some were great. I was shocked to learn that one of my favorite was brewed in Quebec but sold only in the US (La Terrible, by Unibroue (Unibrew))! It's driving me nuts! I'm guessing they figured they had enough stong beligian style beer on the Québec market but still...

Oh, and I discovered Guiness Cheddar. Best invention since the Guiness (The finest mass market beer in the world, IMO)! [/sblock]

-''Excellent! I was duty bound to ask for you answer, but there would have been many disappointed hunters if you had accepted! All right, first up is Lieth. He's a cocky son of a whore, if you ask me, but he ought to tenderize you some!'' answers the knight. He then retreats.

Who is Lieth? Suddenly the sound of cracking thunder is heard south and the soutwest ballista shouts in alarm. Rushing to answer the attack, the heroes discover a huge lizard crackling with electricity and cackling madly. A Naga! And one friendly with lightning spirits, apparently. Another lightning bolt streaks toward the toward the tower, forcing everyone to take cover.

This is going to be tricky. The beast has an impressive range.

Initiative (1d20+6=9)

[sblock=Stats]
Lieth, Lightning Naga
Perception 16; darkvision
Shocking Convulsions aura 5; any enemy within the aura that has ongoing lightning damage is slowed and cannot take opportunity attacks.
HP 162; Bloodied 81
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 20
Saving Throws +5
Tail Sting (standard, at-will) Lightning, Poison
Reach 2; +11 vs AC; 2d6+6 damage plus 1d6 lightning and poison damage.
Reactive Sting (immediate reaction, when an enemy hits lieth with a melee attack, )
Lieth makes a tail sting attack against the triggering enemy and shifts 1 square.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Camp-round1.jpg
    Camp-round1.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 91

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka calmly gathers up her hair and sets it into place with the iron hairpin before addressing, "Son of a whore? I find it difficult to believe anyone would pay to rut with your mother. Regardless, if you want your sport, whelp, best come around to the main doors. Otherwise, I'm happy to wait for you to blast your way through the walls. How long do you think that will take? Hours? Days?" She shrugs, "Come on Ashir. This is a waste of our time." Haruka flashes Lieth a coy smile before disappearing behind the wall. Once on the ground, she moves over to where Max and Raiko stand ready and mutters, "If he won't come to us, we'll have to go to him. We should go all at once, so he can't pick us off one by one."

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Curse Lieth. He may be 20 squares away, but he's still the closest visible enemy!
Other actions are spent moving safely to P21, gaining concealment.

Haruka's plan is mine. Unless Ashir picked up magic missile (and why hasn't he, given his accuracy problems) I don't think we have anything that can reach that far.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 6
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 12 | Passive Insight: 18
AC: 19 | For: 20
| Ref: 20 | Will: 19
HP: 56/56 | Bloodied: 28 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +10 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, Hellish Rebuke
Vampiric Embrace, Fiery Bolt
Flames of Phlegethos, Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride, Everybody Move

Deathcut Armor, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
Concealed[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max tightens his grip on his shield and sword, then looks at Haruka, nodding his head in agreement. My guess is that we'll have to charge, but let's see if the snake is stupid enough to come through here first.

renau1g

First Post
Ashir shrugs at Haruka's words and hops down from the battlements, following the warlock down. "Ok, just give me the signal" he says.

[sblock=Tome]
Just a reminder to me:

Property: When you use a wizard fire power that can be sustained through this tome, you regain hit points equal to the tome’s enhancement bonus each round that you sustain the power while bloodied. For example, if you used the flaming sphere power with a tome of the replenishing flame +2, you would regain 2 hit points each round you sustain the flaming sphere while you are bloodied. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Minor:
Standard:
Move:

[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 38/38 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 9 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Icy Rays
Fire Shroud
Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Flaming Sphere (Summon Dretch)
Summon Magma Beast (Stinking Cloud)

[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The soldiers tries unsuccessfully to aim the ballista on the giant snake and are scorched in return by powerful bolts of lightning.

[sblock=OOC]He'll tear the fort apart with the power of his bolts and he ain't moving unless you get to him.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Lieth, Lightning Naga
Shocking Convulsions aura 5; any enemy within the aura that has ongoing lightning damage is slowed and cannot take opportunity attacks.
HP 162; Bloodied 81
Saving Throws +5
Reactive Sting (immediate reaction, when an enemy hits lieth with a melee attack, )
Lieth makes a tail sting attack against the triggering enemy and shifts 1 square.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Camp-Round2.jpg
    Camp-Round2.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Look's like its not dumb after all Max laughs. Let's do this. Max, move quickly and finds cover behind a rock, preparing for his next attack.

[sblock=action]
double move to M29
[/sblock]

ooc: Possible move for Raiko

Raiko moves a little farther than Max, his speed aided by the warlord's presence. He finds cover behind a rock as well, drawing his sword.

[sblock=actions]
double move and an addition 3 squares from Max's power, putting him behind a rock at j33.
minor: draw sword

If someone else wants to activate one of Raiko's powers or edit his movement...please feel free
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ashir bravely charges outside, then promptly ducks behind a rock for cover.

[sblock=Tome]
Just a reminder to me:

Property: When you use a wizard fire power that can be sustained through this tome, you regain hit points equal to the tome’s enhancement bonus each round that you sustain the power while bloodied. For example, if you used the flaming sphere power with a tome of the replenishing flame +2, you would regain 2 hit points each round you sustain the flaming sphere while you are bloodied. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Minor:
Standard+move: double move to E24

[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 38/38 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 9 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Icy Rays
Fire Shroud
Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Flaming Sphere (Summon Dretch)
Summon Magma Beast (Stinking Cloud)

[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Oh. No. Not our ballistas. And their skilled operators. We must protect them." Haruka rolls her eyes and runs into the rocky field, long tendrils of shadow drifting in her wake. She stops among some stones to pull one of her newly acquired potions from her belt.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Run to M26.
Move: Run to R33.
Minor: Draw Elixir of Accuracy.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 6
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 12 | Passive Insight: 18
AC: 19 | For: 20
| Ref: 20 | Will: 19
HP: 56/56 | Bloodied: 28 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +10 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, Hellish Rebuke
Vampiric Embrace, Fiery Bolt
Flames of Phlegethos, Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride, Everybody Move

Deathcut Armor, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
Concealed

Granting CA
-5 to attacks[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Dimsdale]Yeah, if Dimsdale wants to run Raiko, that's fine withe me. He didn't level up so you can just use his current wiki.

Also, I'm pretty sure you meant K33 and N29, one square to the right in both case. I mean, unless you meant to pruposefully move right next to cover instead of to cover. ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocks]
Note

A 1 square rock grants simple cover, no matter how you are positioned (it's fairly small, you can shoot above)

A 2 square rock can provide full cover if you are positioned accordingly (i.e. Ashir right now) and can block LOS completelt if you drop prone.

Larger rocks are tall enough to block LOS completely even when standing.

The naga is large but low so the same rules applies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Standard
vs Raiko Reflex 16, +2 cover (1d20+11=24, 2d8+4=15)
Move: TPL
[/sblock]

The naga cackles in glee as he sees the heroes challenging him. A bolt of lightning snakes around a rock to blast Raiko. The naga then moves to better cover.

[sblock=Stats&Status]
Lieth: Cursed

Lieth, Lightning Naga
HP 162; Bloodied 81
Saving Throws +5
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Camp-Round2.jpg
    Camp-Round2.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 103

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Huh, is there somewhere I can walk to and have both range and line of sight to Lieth? The best I can see is V39, which is has line of sight to Lieth's back half and is within range of his front half.

Also, are the rocks hard corners?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases