Adventure : Humanitas Severe

dimsdale

First Post
Raiko races to the other side of the rock, which was farther than he thought. Turning around the corner of the rock he sees his target prone in front of him. Stand and face me foul beast! the paladin states in divine glory as he strikes down hard with his blade.

[sblock=actions]
double move to k50
minor: divine challenge: mark naga, naga has -2 to attack rolls against anyone else and takes 4 damage everytime he attacks someone else

ap: holy strike: 1d20+10+2 CA (foe prone)= 21 for 1d10+5+4(radiant damage) = 17

continue mark and brace for viscious tale whip
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
brace for viscious tale whip

That tail whip isn't coming. It's an Immediate Reaction, so he can only do that once per turn.

Mal, when one is prone the only movement they can do is teleportation, forced movement, or take the crawl action, which lets them move up to half their speed. For future reference I guess, since in this case you ruled it correctly, just for the wrong reasons :p.

If Lieth ever ends a turn not adjacent to anyone, it would be super-cool if our melee contingent would delay their turns until after I go. I really don't want to cook anyone who isn't a lightning snake with Fiery Bolt.[/sblock]

Haruka continues her advance. She releases another scarlet bolt at Lieth, this one swinging low and hitting despite his low position.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to T44, retain concealment.
Standard: Eldritch Blast Lieth. Hits Reflex 21 (including penalty for prone target) for 17 damage.
Minor: Draw sickle. I might need to do some sickle-ing, you never know.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 6
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 12 | Passive Insight: 18
AC: 19 | For: 20
| Ref: 20 | Will: 19
HP: 56/56 | Bloodied: 28 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +10 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, Hellish Rebuke
Vampiric Embrace, Fiery Bolt
Flames of Phlegethos, Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride, Everybody Move

Deathcut Armor, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
Concealed[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

If Lieth ever ends a turn not adjacent to anyone, it would be super-cool if our melee contingent would delay their turns until after I go. I really don't want to cook anyone who isn't a lightning snake with Fiery Bolt.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
you got it THB :) Fry his arse
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Dimsdale]Raiko couldn't quite move to K50 with two moves. I presume you cut accross two corners to achieve that result, which you can't do.

Raiko will have charged instead.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Stand up
Standard: Lightning Volley (Close Burst 20, attacks everyone in sight, Ashir has cover)
vs Reflex 1:Ashir (+2 cover) 2:Raiko 3:Max 4:Haruka (1d20+11=26, 1d20+11=30, 1d20+11=19, 1d20+11-2=10) hits every one but Haruka
lighnting (2d8+4=10)

AP
vs Raiko AC (1d20+11=29, 2d6+6+1d6=15) hit

Raiko's armor has resist 1 all so I added back 3 hp.
[/sblock]

The naga doesn't like beig cornered. It gets back up and frenzies, launching bolts of lightning all around and lashing with its tail.

[sblock=S&S]
Lieth: 114/162 Cursed, Marked, Lightning Volley used

Ashir: 28/38
Max: 32/42
Raiko: 17/54 AP used

Lieth, Lightning Naga
Perception 16; darkvision
Shocking Convulsions aura 5; any enemy within the aura that has ongoing lightning damage is slowed and cannot take opportunity attacks.
HP 162; Bloodied 81
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 20
Saving Throws +5
Tail Sting (standard, at-will) Lightning, Poison
Reach 2; +11 vs AC; 2d6+6 damage plus 1d6 lightning and poison damage.
Reactive Sting (immediate reaction, when an enemy hits lieth with a melee attack, )
Lieth makes a tail sting attack against the triggering enemy and shifts 1 square.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Camp-Round3.jpg
    Camp-Round3.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 104

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: You nailed it with Raiko's movement around the corners Mal. I didn't take that into account. My bad. Sorry about that

This lightning is killing us. Max rams the naga with his shield, catching it off guard, causing it to stagger back.

[sblock=attacks]
on-going lightning damage -5

minor: none
attack: opening shove: 1d20+11 vs reflex = 24 max pushing the snake back to L-M 51 and raiko takes gets a basic melee attack

1d20+10 vs AC = 27 for 16 damage

[/sblock]

[sblock=Questions]

1. Does the naga get an attack with a basic melee attack or a melee attack...or does it matter?

2. Is there a way to show the lightning aura area?

[/sblock]

ooc: Raiko delays actions until more info about the naga's aura and counter attack, and whether or not Haruka can attack now without frying friendlies.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Fiery Bolt damages every creature adjacent to the primary target. If I used it now, it would still catch Raiko. While 1d6+8 wouldn't drop him, I doubt he'd enjoy it.

"You only have yourself to blame, you know, for being trapped here. If you had fought us at the gates, then you would have been trapped all the way over there."
Haruka smiles as she sends inky tendrils that siphon away Lieth's strength. "And then I wouldn't have needed to run all the way over here. Honestly, it was very inconsiderate of you."

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Designate Lieth as my Prey, gaining +2 to attack and damage rolls against him until the end of my next turn.
Free: Activate the Elixir of Accuracy's bonus, gaining a +2 power bonus to my next attack roll.
Move: Move to R47, retain concealment.
Standard: Vampiric Embrace Lieth. Well, I guess I over-prepared. Hits Will 29 for 14 necrotic damage and 3 untyped. I gain 8 thp.[/sblock]

HP: 56/56+8 | Bloodied: 28 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 10/10
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, Hellish Rebuke
Vampiric Embrace, Fiery Bolt
Flames of Phlegethos, Tyrannical Threat

Ethereal Stride, Everybody Move

Deathcut Armor, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
Concealed
+2 to attack and damage rolls vs Lieth[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Ashir tosses another fireball, but this one is not effective.

[sblock=Tome]
Just a reminder to me:

Property: When you use a wizard fire power that can be sustained through this tome, you regain hit points equal to the tome’s enhancement bonus each round that you sustain the power while bloodied. For example, if you used the flaming sphere power with a tome of the replenishing flame +2, you would regain 2 hit points each round you sustain the flaming sphere while you are bloodied. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
[MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION] - Ashir has lightning resist 5, so he only took 5 from the bolt and he's at 33/38.

Minor:
Move: to D42
Standard: Scorching burst centered on L51 scorching burst (1d20+7=12, 1d6+9=14)miss, not that it matters, but I should've been +8 to hit.

[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 33/38 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 9 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Icy Rays
Fire Shroud
Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Flaming Sphere (Summon Dretch)
Summon Magma Beast (Stinking Cloud)

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Raiko closes his eyes briefly, saying a silent prayer. He opens them quickly steadies his gaze onto the naga. Enough of this fiend! Raiko slashes foward with his katana, slicing deep into the naga's flesh.

[sblock=actions]
on-going lightning damage: -5: raiko down to 23 hp

minor: vitue: Raiko regains 16 hp

attack: paladin's judgement daily attack: 1d20+10=24 for 3d10+6=25 and Max gets to spend a healing surge: 10 hp and surges down to 7

movement: shift to j49

summary:
Raiko 25 damage on naga
Raiko 39 hp
Max 42 hp

[/sblock]

ooc: Hey all. If anyone else would like to rp Raiko, feel free. I'm not well versed on all pally powers. I just wanted to keep the addy going.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Aura]The aura applies against people who have ongoing lightning damage, it doesn't cause ongoing damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Immediate reaction to melee
vs Raiko (1d20+11=19, 2d6+6+1d6=16)

Lightning Volley recharge (bloodied)
Close Burst 20, 1:Raiko 2:Max 3:Ashir 4:Haruka (-2 concealment) (1d20+11=18, 1d20+11=27, 1d20+11=29, 1d20+11=23)
lightning dmg (2d8+4=10)

Now that Lieth is bloodied, his lightning attacks cause Ongoing 5 (save ends)

Also, with ongoing lightning damage, there is no OA so...

AP
Dual Spark
vs Raiko (1d20+11=25, 2d8+4=13)
vs Raiko (1d20+11=18, 2d8+4=9)

Both vs reflex so both hit, -3 to all dmg for the round against Raiko because of armor, which is the only reason he is still standing.
[/sblock]

Lieth's fury rise has he is cornered and bloodied. Sparks of electricity fly everywhere with much more power than previously and Raiko is left barely able to stand.

[sblock=S&S]
Lieth: 56/162 Cursed, Marked, 2 AP spent

Haruka: 54 (49) / 56 Ongoing 5 and slowed (Save ends)
Ashir: 28/38 Slowed (save ends)
Max: 32 (27) /42 -1 surge, Ongoing 5 and slowed (save ends)
Raiko: 1 (-4) /54 AP used, -1 surge Ongoing 5 and slowed (save ends)

Lieth, Lightning Naga
Perception 16; darkvision
Shocking Convulsions aura 5; any enemy within the aura that has ongoing lightning damage is slowed and cannot take opportunity attacks.
HP 162; Bloodied 81
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 20
Saving Throws +5
Tail Sting (standard, at-will) Lightning, Poison
Reach 2; +11 vs AC; 2d6+6 damage plus 1d6 lightning and poison damage.
Reactive Sting (immediate reaction, when an enemy hits lieth with a melee attack, )
Lieth makes a tail sting attack against the triggering enemy and shifts 1 square.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Camp-Round4.jpg
    Camp-Round4.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 98

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka staggers away from Lieth's lightning field, sending a poorly aimed dart of fire over her shoulder as she does so. She appears to recover as she move away from the reptile.

[sblock=Actions]Start of turn: Take 5 lightning damage.
Standard: Hellish Rebuke Lieth. Missed by 2.
Move: Move to T47, lose concealment.

And I'm no longer on lightning.[/sblock]

HP: 49/56 | Bloodied: 28 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 10/10