D&D 4th Edition Adventure : Humanitas Severe - Page 39





  1. #381
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    ooc: Max and Raiko delay until after Haruka's attack.

    ooc: ...and a precongrats to Renau1g and family
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

 

  • #382
    Haruka again attempts to blast Lieth, but even in his weakened state he is able to slither out of the way. Haruka makes a sound of frustration and advances on the reptile as a dark red cloud forms around her drawn blade.

    Actions
    Standard: Eldritch Blast Lieth. Natural one.
    Move: Move to S51, lose concealment.

    Save vs Lightning, natural twenty. Naturally.

    Dimsdale, both Max and Raiko can flank with Haruka now. I suggest they do so. And as a notice to everyone, I picked up Eldritch Strike last level, so my MBA actually has some teeth.

    Wait a second ren. If you go into full time babycare mode, doesn't that mean I'll be the only person in both L4W and LEB who reviews characters? I can't believe you're abandoning me like this! It's very inconsiderate.



    Haruka's mini-stats
    Haruka Sato human warlock 6
    Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 12 | Passive Insight: 18
    AC: 19 | For: 20
    | Ref: 20 | Will: 19
    HP: 31/56 | Bloodied: 28 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 10/10
    Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
    Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
    AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
    Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage
    Ranged Basic Attack: +10 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
    Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, Hellish Rebuke
    Vampiric Embrace, Fiery Bolt
    Flames of Phlegethos, Tyrannical Threat

    Ethereal Stride, Everybody Move

    Deathcut Armor, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

    Conditions:

  • #383
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Max shouts a battle cry and boldly moves forward through the haze of lightning sparks and attacks.

    actions


    -5 ongoing lightning

    minor: inspiring word on self: 1d6+healing surge = 16 hp and HS down 2
    movement: move to p50
    attack: basic melee attack vs AC: 1d20+11+2(flank)=25 for 1d8+6=12

    save vs ongoing lightning: 1d20 = 5


    If the naga hits with his counter attack Max will use vengence is mine power.



    Raiko, on the verge of death, centers himself once more and moves in for the kill. The slicing cut of the blade is so powerful that it decapitates the beast. The crackling sound of lighning slowly fades away. Raiko stands proudly over the fallen naga, quickly shrugging of the effects of the lightning attacks. Turing in the direction from where the naga came from the paladin screams Show yourself! It is now your turn to die!

    actions

    -5 ongoing lightning

    minor: lay hands on self: healing for 16 (surge 5 bites the dust)
    movement: move to p51 to flank with Haruka
    attack: piercing strike: 1d2o+10 +1(lend might) +2(flank) vs Ref = 31 for 15

    yay! got him with by 1 hp on max and raiko attacks

    save vs ongoing lightning damage: 1d20 = 20



    ooc: Max and Raiko have been officially tenderized.
    Last edited by dimsdale; Wednesday, 6th October, 2010 at 03:32 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #384
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    The Naga falls dead, in disbelief until the end. A shout of celebration erupts from the walls. Then the heroes see sir Tevense signal them to hurry back.

    In moments they are climbing in one of the tower and observe the hunters camp in the distance about a hundred yards away. The second wave isn't coming. Instead, there is much animation amongst their foes.

    They seem far too numerous to take on. Most are humanoids, many apparently elves, but there are also weird beasts of various sort. There is currently an intense discussion between the majority of the enemies and a smaller squad of fey creatures. There is little to distinguish the two groups. The smaller squad is apparently composed of at least one elf, a weird lizard beast and an outlandish humanoid that seems to be made of twigs and thorns. Pretty much par for the course in the feywild.

    -''They seem to have a portal. I don't see anything from here, but the five or six guy that are surrounded just popped up moments ago and it started an argument.'' says Tevense. ''At first they were just talking, then the guy in plated armor with the huge sword shouted something we couldn't understand from this distance and now everybody seem to be talking at the same time. I dunno what's going on, it's very weird.''

    Insight 18

    There is confusion amongst the larger group. Body language range from indecisive to hostile and close to violence.


    Insight 22

    The newcomers are arguing, but they seem ready to draw weapons at a moment's notice. They are defensive. You can't hear what they are saying, but whatever it is, they are probably lying.
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Saturday, 9th October, 2010 at 06:21 PM.

  • #385
    "Oh, what does it matter; they're fey," Haruka states dismissively as she tends to her burned fingers. "They're probably just bickering over who gets the honor of dying to us next. Although..." she leans over the battlements for a slightly closer look, "it does look like someone over there is about to start spilling blood. How delightful it would be if our enemies decided to kill each other." Haruka grins and settles into a more comfortable position, clearly planning on watching the incident in the enemy camp play out. But then her smile falters and is replaced with a frown. "Wait, if they're going to start fighting, then we might want to ensure the survival of at least one of the newcomers. It will be much easier to pull the secrets to portal manipulation out of a living prisoner than a corpse."

    ooc
    Insight uh, *cough* passive Insight 18.

    I don't suppose we could get one of those cinematic short breaks about now, could we?


    Haruka's mini-stats
    Haruka Sato human warlock 6
    Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 12 | Passive Insight: 18
    AC: 19 | For: 20
    | Ref: 20 | Will: 19
    HP: 31/56+9 | Bloodied: 28 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 10/10
    Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
    Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
    AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
    Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage
    Ranged Basic Attack: +10 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
    Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, Hellish Rebuke
    Vampiric Embrace, Fiery Bolt
    Flames of Phlegethos, Tyrannical Threat

    Ethereal Stride, Everybody Move

    Deathcut Armor, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

    Conditions:

  • #386
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Max and Raiko stagger back to the stronghold, greeted by the occupants. Is there a healer around here!
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #387
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    OOC
    This is a short rest, if that's what you are asking about.

  • #388
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Max collapses next to Raiko. Both tend to their wounds.

    actions

    both raiko and max use three surges a piece.

    Current HP and Surges
    Max 12+30 = 42 out of 42 hp: 5 surges used 3 left
    Raiko 2+48 = 50 out of 54 hp: 8 surges used 5 left
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #389
    ooc

    No time for more post, but 1 surge for Ashir please. His insight isn't great so I'll just watch on, maybe Raiko can help?

  • #390
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    After healing his wounds Raiko gets up and observes the commotion going on, trying to figure out what is happening.

    ooc: insight: 1d20+11= 16
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. How severe would you rule the damage done?
      By StreamOfTheSky in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd December, 2008, 04:38 PM
    2. The problem with elves take 2: A severe condemnation [merged]
      By Edena_of_Neith in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 371
      Last Post: Sunday, 2nd September, 2007, 08:06 PM
    3. Severe Injuries: What systems are out there?
      By AFGNCAAP in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th December, 2003, 06:23 AM
    4. Replies: 3
      Last Post: Tuesday, 3rd December, 2002, 11:42 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •