Adventure : Humanitas Severe

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Wait a second, Haruka, what did you mean when you said "like the other one"? Have you met this type of creature before?" he asks.

[sblock=ooc]
Oh...man! Fey Lords and Haruka? Suh-weet... they are the proverbial thorn in her side... :) [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Well, currently her record is 1-1-0 (Arnamil counts as a draw), so really Haruka is becoming a thorn in their sides. A burning, spiteful thorn.[/sblock]

"Yes, last time I was in the Feywild, I killed a fey lord. Well, lady. I'm not sure if I can tell you anything useful though. The fey are known for their fickle and changing natures, so there may not be any applicable experience. I mean, she lived in a swamp like some crazed hermit, while Severus seems to have set up a business for himself."

Haruka addresses Raiko, her voice turning into a little girl's, slightly mocking, "A grand gesture, son of Gathar, but I don't believe he's allowed to pick up your sword even to throw it back."

renau1g

First Post
"Killed a fey lord? Then maybe they are more bluster than threats, I am heartened by your words and will count on your experience, again, as we prepare to deal with this threat. I only hope I can prove more skilled than in our previous time together" the wizard says to Haruka, his memories of his ineffectual attacks still fresh in his mind.

"If not, I will transport myself inside." Ashir says matter-of-factly, patting his tome.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Spoilers in a spoiler block? How novel!]

If it's the movie I'm thinking of, or the movie that inspired the movie I'm thinking of, then that doesn't say great things about our chances of survival.[/sblock]

[sblock=That depends...]In the movie I think you are thinking of, no hero died defending the village. But in the movie that inspired the movie I think you are thinking of... four out of seven didn't make it. That's more intimidating.

To know which movie really inspired me, take a hard look at the title.

Humanitas Severe is latin for The Harshness of human naturewhich I think is fitting to the theme.

But look deeper...

:D
[/sblock]

[sblock=Raiko]
That was nice!
[/sblock]

A long silence follows Raiko's declaration. Then the gates slowly opens

-''I recognize you as a brother in arm from the Iron army, sir. Our gates open for you. But I have to ask you to reclaim your sword yourself, however, as the curse prevents me from restitution. Oh, and... huh... it landed in manure. Sorry.''

Neva laughs gaily.

-''Oh, I am so happy. It is the gods that sent you, surely, right on the eve of an attack. Come, let's get inside, we don't like to keep the gates open for long.''

The heroes enter the village. The houses are all obviously very recent, most are still in fact tent. This looks like a millitary camp that was constantly expanded and slowly became permanent. Which of course, is exactly what it is! You see six men that are clearly Iron Shougunate scouts and seven other adults plus Neva. There are however about two dozens kids.

-''You need to pay extra to be allowed to kill a kid. There are fewer coming in but they usually last longer so we have a lot of orphans.'' Neva explains grimly when asked about this state of affair.

The camp is built around a massive boulder that looks vaguely like a big head.

[sblock=Religion 15]That's not a boulder. That's the collapsed essence of a divinity (A very minor one bv the size of it).[/sblock]

A stern looking human walks toward Raiko and holds his hand in greeting.

-''I am Sir Tevense Hamua, leader of the Seventh Brigade of light infantry of the seventh army. You already met Miss Neva Autheer. We are in charge of this little village. Sorry about the cold reception. How the hell do you come to be here if you are neither cursed or hunter?''

[sblock=OOC]Neva and Tevense readily share the history of the village. As mentioned, Tevense and his squad stumbled by accident in Arcadia during a recon mission through a forest and were captured. Everyone has similar experiences. The village was built progressively six months ago, slowly gathering population.

No one is knowledgeable about the nature of the desmene; no one knows much about Arcana.

This morning a booming voice resonating through the desmene warned the villager that they had to disband the village and resume dutifully their role as prey or the village would be taken apart and the survivor be horribly tortured. The Ultimatum is for tomorrow morning.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Squeee. That's awesome.[/sblock]

"Of course." Raiko says dryly when he learns the location of his sword. Upon entering he takes a good look around trying to count how many soldiers were available. But without weapons, how useful would they be?

He waits patiently as others talk and bows his head respectfully when the Captain first approaches.

"Well met Captain. With me travels Max, tactician, Ashir, who studied under the Magus, and Haruka, a rather powerful . . ." Raiko searched for the words and it was clear he had not made up his mind about the woman.

"Witch." he finally decides. "I am on a quest for the seventh sword of GrandMaster Kathanki Dreido. Upon reaching Daunton I learned of a cabal under devilish influence and the local militia gathered us and one other Jadeite to pay them a visit. They ended up being deeper that intelligence had originally gathered and we had to twist one of their own portals to escape. There seems to have been an issue with how the ritual was enacted."

He looks back at Ashir and Haruka. "We lost our other two companions in the process."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
In the movie I think you are thinking of, no hero died defending the village. But in the movie that inspired the movie I think you are thinking of... four out of seven didn't make it. That's more intimidating.

To know which movie really inspired me, take a hard look at the title.

Humanitas Severe is latin for The Harshness of human naturewhich I think is fitting to the theme.

But look deeper...

:D

Oh, Haruka's planning on doing quite a lot of severing, to humans and fey alike. That's what you meant, right?

No, seriously though, I see it. I think. Clever. I suspect I was thinking of the movie that was by inspired the movie that inspired the adventure.

What time is it?[/sblock]

As they are allowed inside, Haruka looks at Ashir with suspicion, attempting to determine whether his comment was a slight on her abilities, but dismisses the idea as paranoia.

She smirks as Tevense states his position in the army (Seventh of seventh? Oh dear...) and grins wickedly at Raiko's description of her, but she doesn't speak until he mentions their previous companions, "I wouldn't worry about Patrin and Sheng. Either they're better off than we are, in which case they do not need our concern, or they're in even worse straits than we are, in which case there's nothing we can do for them at the moment." Despite her words Haruka's tone is not cold, but simply matter-of-fact, as if she were stating an obvious truth.

She then splits away from the rest of the group and approaches the head-shaped stone. "Well, who do we have here?" she muses as she runs her fingers along its surface. "Our selfish benefactor, or some other forgotten nobody?" She looks back at Tevense and smiles pleasantly, "Hey, Sevens, what's this?"

ooc: Religion 29.

dimsdale

First Post
Max nods his head as Raiko introduces him and the others to the leader of the village. He remains silent, listening to the others converse. After a while he steps aside and goes through his ritual of armor checks and sharpening his sword as he now knows that some type of conflict is bound to happen before this time the next day. Max smiles at the thought when the badguys come, and the meet those in the fortress...not part of the curse.

renau1g

First Post
"Yes we were rushed upon completing such a powerful ritual, interrupted by a rush of Oni and their allies. It would be challenging to complete under the best circumstances, but I suppose at least we survived" Ashir replies upon Raiko's look, his words a bit defensive as lightning dances along his body.

"Hmmm....your words ring of wisdom Haruka, Sheng and Patrin are, for better or worse, no longer our concern. The situation at hand may allow us to surprise the enemy, I trust Raiko and Max can manage to ensure that we have at least a few surprises in store for the foes. Do you have a source of water around here? We may need it if the enemies bring flames to burn the homes. While I can readily create flames, I am less adept at extinguishing them." Ashir says, but then his attention is grabbed by the stone in the center of town that the female is next to.

While Haruka begins asking about it, the genasi investigates it closer and is amazed at the find.

[sblock=ooc]
religion (1d20+11=30) [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''If you are going to help defend the civilians, I may have somethings that will help.'' says Tevense, signaling he be followed. He leads the crew to a tent. He moves the flap aside and uncovers a treasure trove of arms, armors and other magical equipment.

-''Spoils of war. We took that from several hunters that were careless or cocky. It's not much use to us, and I questioned the wisdom of building stretchers just to move the stuff instead of leaving it on their rotting bodies, but it seems like it will pay off after all...''

[sblock=Treasure!]
Here are XP earned since you last had gold (And in the of 3 out of 4, by gold I mean the 100gp starting cash!)

Raiko and Ashir (WHo both spent 8 DM credit without getting cash gold) : 3767

Max: 2767 (PS, I think you made a mistake on your wiki; it says 2747)

Haruka: 2857

Gold for full level...

1: 819 gp
2: 1068 gp
3: 1524 gp
4: 2100 gp
5: 2796 gp

Max Target Gold Award: 819+1068+ (517/1500)*1524gp = 2412gp

Ashir and Raiko TGA: 819+1068+1524 = 3411gp

Haruka TGA: (526/1500*1524) + 2100 + (581/2000*2796) = 3446gp

Loot:

Max: Luckblade Longsword +1 (680gp), belt of vigor (520gp), Mithral Chainmail +1 (840gp), amulet of protection +1 (360gp)

Raiko: Bracers of Mighty Striking (520gp), Rimefire plate armor +2 (1800gp), Parrying Katana +1 (520gp), Amulet of resolution +1 (520gp), A potion of healing (50gp)

Ashir:

He already has the Tome of the Traveler. Problem is... this item does not exist! It makes it rather hard to balance. A quick check failed to turn equivlaent implement on DDI. Let's say that the magic power has been drained from that tome when it was used to conduct the ritual. Just easier.

+1 tome of repleneshing fire (520gp), Gloves of Piercing (680gp), +1 Robe of Contingency (840gp), +1 Brooch of Shielding (680gp), Circlet of Second Chance (680gp)

Haruka: +2 amulet of protection (1800gp), Black Leaf Gloves (840gp), Eagle Eyes Goggles (520gp), Elixir of Accuracy (125gp), Potion of Clarity (50gp), a 100gp gem forgotten in a pouch that Haruka deftly slips in her pocket ;)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Max looks at the stock of items "I could use some of these. Thanks!" He quickly straps on the armor and other items, then grabs the sword and moves to an area away from the others to take a swing. After performing a series of lightning quick moves he nods his head while looking at the sword. "Yes...I could do some serious damage with this!"

[sblock=ooc]
Thanks Mal. Stats will be updated later tonight
[/sblock]

[sblock=updated statblock]
Max - Human Bravura Warlord 3
*Adverse Condition: none
*Initiative: +2
*Human Feat (Action Surge): +3 on attack rolls when using AP
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 12
*Senses Normal
*HP 37
*Bloodied 18 Surge Value 10 (+1 from belt); Surges Per-Day 7
*AC =20
*Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 15 Speed 5
*action surges: 0
*action Points:1
*Second Wind: 1
*Basic Attack: +9 to hit: 1d8+5 Damage (Luckblade Longsword +1)
Powers
*At will:
Commander's Strike
Brash Assault
Opening Shove
*Encounter:
Inspiring Word 2
Flattening Charge
Knight's Move
Vengence is Mine
*Daily
Concentrated Attack
Longsword Power
Armor Power

[sblock=party basic melee attacks]
Raiko: Parrying Katana, +10 to Hit vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Haruka:
Ashir:
[/sblock]

[/sblock]
[sblock=AP Bravura Presence]

Bravura Presence

When an ally I see spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hit, the ally can choose to make a basic attack or a move action as a free action after the AP action. If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads