Adventure : Humanitas Severe

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"In my experience, the fey tend to get irrationally angry when you set fire to their trees. Or wither them into dessicated husks. That was in reference to the trees. Of course, the fey get angry when you wither them, as well, but that's more understandable." Haruka stops talking and blinks a couple times. "Is there something I could do to help? I feel like I should be helping."

dimsdale

First Post
Max digs away using his shield to scoop up the dirt. "Hmm...never thought I'd use a shield to do this."

Haruka stops talking and blinks a couple times. "Is there something I could do to help? I feel like I should be helping."

Max stops and looks up at Haruka, then looks at Raiko. "No...keep on talking about the fey...fey this...fey that...here a fey, there a fey, everywhere a fey fey....." Max shakes his head, then continues his digging.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Why don't you emphasis to the children the importance of not panicking." Raiko says between shovels of dirt. "Then take up your post. We need you to be in position before they get here, so you can begin blasting as soon as enemies are in range."

[sblock=ooc]Ok, so maybe there's a little metagame in there, but Raiko has a really good passive insight.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Max stops and looks up at Haruka, then looks at Raiko. "No...keep on talking about the fey...fey this...fey that...here a fey, there a fey, everywhere a fey fey....." Max shakes his head, then continues his digging.

"And suddenly, the desire to help is gone. Thank you, Max. I'm sorry if you find my knowledge of the fey boring. I will try to keep my experiences to myself, no matter how relevant they may be to our current situation." Haruka smiles pleasantly enough, but her tone is icy and hard. She turns around and begins to walk off-

"Why don't you emphasis to the children the importance of not panicking." Raiko says between shovels of dirt. "Then take up your post. We need you to be in position before they get here, so you can begin blasting as soon as enemies are in range."

-only to stop and turn back around a second later. When she speaks, it is with the voice of the young woman again, "Oh, sure, I'll go talk to them. But... I'm a little confused. When exactly are we expecting the attack to come? I thought they were coming in the morning."

[sblock=ooc]Haruka's question is mine as well. I thought the ultimatum was if the village wasn't torn down by morning, there would be hell to pay. Did I miss something? What time is it now?[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yes, ultimatum is for morning.

Burning forest is a possibility. Very basic arcana says that it could also piss off feys that would otherwise remain neutral and unconcerned.

Yes, a few trench shovels are available along with several impovised tools that the soldier crafted in order to build the camp.

Sure, you can make decoys. If convincing enough, some ranged attacker might waste at least one turn shooting at them which wouldn't be half bad.

You'd need to beat their passive perception with... um... You, know, I suddenly miss the craft skills. Of course, almost no one took them. I'd say a dexterity check with +5 if you are trained in bluff. But let's make that roll just before the attack for suspense's sake!

Same with the camouflage check.

Timewise, we are close to sundown. Sun goes down at about the same time you are satisfied with the pit to hide Raiko and Max.

The soldier couldn't do much in the way of serious booby traps because pikes and spears are pretty much the same : curse! But the woods has a few snare and collars. Typically, when a hunter would get careless and be collared, snare or fell in a pike-less pit, they'd rush him and stone him. Yep, stone aren't technically weapon. Though they are damn useless in a fight. It takes forever to stone a guy in armor!

The result is if bad guys approach through the wood, I'll randomly roll to see if someone is delayed by a trap.

You could spend the night building a few decent booby trap. With soldiers help you could probably set up some pit traps during the night.

You probably don't want to spend an all nighter to dig more trap because, technically, you still haven't taken your extended rest since last adventure!
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
She then splits away from the rest of the group and approaches the head-shaped stone. "Well, who do we have here?" she muses as she runs her fingers along its surface. "Our selfish benefactor, or some other forgotten nobody?" She looks back at Tevense and smiles pleasantly, "Hey, Sevens, what's this?"

ooc: Religion 29.

[sblock=OOC]Don't think I have specifically adressed this...[/sblock]

Tevense shrugs.

-''You know, I have no clue what is this weird rock formation. It's just... calming, you know? We were on on the run with a few kids already when we camped against the stone one day. And in the morning, we decided we were tired running. People are more steadfast around it. Can't explain it.''

"Oh, Tevense, do you have cooking oil here or any other flammable liquids here?" Ashir asks

-''Not much. Most of the oil comes from dead animal. Not much hunting goes on and goats aren't all that fat! You can see with Neva for what little we have.''

[sblock=OOC]Not really enough to use as counter siege, but enough to cook some alchemical fire if you know how. In turns you could give some to the cursed soldiers to improve their utility.

Um, What's the rules about alchemical fire? Check later.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I haven't had much time recently to crunch numbers in preparation of the fight because I was studying intensely for a week in preparation to pass some test required to become financial advisor. Schedule is cleared now, should start soon.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC, Oils and rest]Okay, so you'd need to have the alchemist feat to whip out alchemical fire.

In a home campaign, I would dispense with any feat and rely on skills for such item, letting the PCs craft some, but I don't think I should set that precedent in a living world...

Too bad.

Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to have hot oil used in its traditional anti-siege role and poured down on attackers. There is no way for the villager to have sufficient amount of oil for a meaningful defense, and even if they did, I remind you that the camp, including the walls, is mostly made of wood. Fanning flames under hot cauldrons balanced on thin planks and then pouring hot oil down a wall made of trees would be... counterproductive.

I think it's obvious no one spent an all nighter building more traps, you all desperately needed your extended rest!

The camouflaged pit is the black cloud on the map.
[/sblock]

The night is tense. A scout sent in reconnaissance runs back inside.

-''They're coming! They're coming. Through the woods.'' he says haltingly. ''Six men, heavily armed. They look a lot more capable than the usual hunters. I overheard one talking about how fun it was to get a real challenge at a bargain price...''

[sblock=Take your positions!]
Hell's Basement 1 on Virtual Battlemat

Move your token where you want them and then post an initiative.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max smiles at the news. "Let's do this!" he says as he equips his weapon and shield and jumps into the pit, preparing himself for the ambush.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Oil]
Actually, my goal was to pour it along the ground and when someone walked over it *scorching burst* ala Braveheart, when they light the ground on fire. No biggie, I didn't think they'd have enough. [/sblock]

Ashir frowns at Max's enthusiasm, but he shook it off, knowing that there was a job to do, the genasi had little choice but to again invoke his power against another living creature who was likely not an Oni. "Lao Teshlyn, I hope I make you proud" he thought to himself, as he moved up to the watchtower closest to the forest to have a better view of the oncoming foes.

"Remember everyone, focus our shots and swords for maximum efficiency, take one down at a time, no need to spread ourselves out" Ashir calls out to everyone.

He couldn't help but remember a song a bard had performed during his time back in the Jade Empire that seemed to fit this situation perfectly. Ashir began humming it to himself, mostly to take his mind from over-thinking the upcoming situation.

[sblock=OOC]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7s4i_X-p0]YouTube - Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower[/ame][/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
initiative (1d20+3=6) changed Ashir on map[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases