Adventure : Humanitas Severe

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Mal - if Ashir pushes an enemy off the wall will he have a save against the push? It's not hindering terrain and it's not a pit or precipice so not sure. Makes a different for Ashir's actions. Also, would Flaming Sphere set the wall on fire. Fiinally, what square(s) are the ballista crew in?

[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +3 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 14
AC: 18 NAD:17/16/15
HP: 20/34 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:18 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:18 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Promise of Storms
Fire Shroud
Icy Rays (in Tome)
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Shield (Moonstride)
Flaming Sphere
Summon Dretch <- won't be using this until Haruka and Ashir have some time to "practice"

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=previous attack]
I blew it there with the concent thing didn't I. That's a cardinal sin in PbP. It just that most of my attacks in one way or another involve assistance from a strong melee fighter, in this case Raiko. I just wanted to get things moving. I thought with the combined efforts of Max and Raiko that we could finish the barbarian off in one round, sending a message to the rest of the baddies that they were in for a tough battle.

Bad judgement there.

If you want to scatch Raiko's actions altogether and just make mine as a basic melee attack for 8 points damage, that's fine with me. ScorpiusRisk can do what he wants when he gets back on May 31 and I'll make an apology to him at that time.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=dimsdale]Yeah, we'll retcon Raiko's action.

You didn't even need him anyway. As I said, Combat advantage doesn't stack so you already had that from the climbing while Haruka could have provided the free basic attack if necessary. Remember, it can be a free ranged basic attack from 5 square. I purposefully also gave her an item that improved ranged basic attack: her goggles grant +1 to hit on BA whereas Raiko's bracers grant +2 to damage on BA. I was thinking of the synergy with Max when I gave those.

Of course, in this specific case, the barbarian was in no position to take the free attack against Max anyway so he didn't grant the free BA and this is all moot.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Renaug1]
By the rules, you most certainly gets a save to avoid being pushed off any heights. On a successful save, you are prone instead.

In this case, I did specify that the pathway was very thin and it was hard to stay on, setting up special rules in a previous post, but upon further thoughts, I will just treat it normally. Spending the combat getting back up and down the wall would be fun for no one.

The flaming sphere certainly should start fires. In a normal fight we wouldn't care; a typical 4 to 8 rounds fight last 24 to 48 seconds... That's not enough time to justify a blazing inferno on a round to round basis, IMO. Of course, since you will have to fight in the camp over and over... It's more relevant.

For the sake of preventing me from coming up with complicated fire fighting mechanics at the end of the fight, I'd say it'd be a good time to use that Summon Dretch power you were raving about... ;)
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Flaming Sphere]
I can still have it 1 square in the air where it doesn't affect the wall. I technically have the dretch spell, but I was hoping to break it out after some downtime with Haruka to RP it being "unlocked" by her connection to the Oni [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Not so fast!" Raiko rises from the pit and moves swiftly in, slashing with his sword. He quickly follows up with quick sword play hoping to get the target off the wall but his accuracy seems false.

[sblock=ooc] Sorry for the delay.

Minor: Divine Challenge on H2.
Move to M21
Standard: Holy Strike 26 vs AC, 18 radiant damage.

If he's not dead. . .

AP using Bravura Presence. Holy Strike. 15 vs AC, 14 radiant damage. I bet that misses so I bet I concede CA.

Just in case. . .
Melee Basic. 13, yeah no way that hit
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 4 ()
Init: +2; P.Insight: 21; P.Perception: 15
AC: 24; Fort: 18; Reflex: 16; Will: 17
HP: 54/54; Surges: 16 hp, 13/13
Resist: All 1
AcP: 1
Potions: 3

Skills: Heal +7, History +8, Insight +11, Intimidate +10, Religion +6
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Strength from Valor, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength), Resurgence of the Defender, Knight's Fortitude
Paladin's Judgement, Amulet of Resolution, Parrying Bastard Sword, Blessing of the Defender[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Ashir stands up and is disoriented by the blast, he blasts at the javelin-wielders with blue, icy rays, but the enemies dodge the attack.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: stand up
Free: Convert Fire Shroud to Icy Rays
Standard: Icy Rays - vs ref (J1, J2); cold (1d20+7=13, 1d20+7=13, 1d10+9=10) miss, miss, min. damage ouch...
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 19 NAD:18/17/16
HP: 34/34 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:19 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:19 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Icy Rays (In Tome)
Fire Shroud

Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Shield (Moonstride)
Flaming Sphere
Gloves of Piercing
Robes of Contingency
Brooch of Shielding +1
Circlet of Second Chances
Summon Dretch

[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
All the ballistas are struggling to lock on a target. It's finally one of the eastern ballistas that manages to get a good shot at the barbarian who managed to climb on the wall but misses by mere inches.

The barbarian trying to climb the wall is shocked as enemies surround him and is bleeding profusely. He drops to the ground makes a quick stab at Raiko and then darts away back to safety.

The other Barbarian though decides that he doesn't like freezing rays and so runs back a short distance then pivots on his heel and throws a powerful javelin to Ashir's chest. He also readies his spear in his left hand.

The archers come back in sight. One Fires another one of these powerful explosive arrows and sends Raiko on his back. The other focuses on the northwest ballista with his magic fire arrows.

The Half orcs sees that there is fun to be had on the ground. One moves toward Raiko, fires and arrow, miss and draws his battle axe.

The other sees an opening and charges Max, delivering a terrible blow that bloodies the warlord.

Hell's Basement 1 on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=Actions]
Ballista
Ballista vs Javelin 1 (1d20+6=18, 2d10+8=17) miss

Javelin 1
Mobile attack
Spear vs Raiko AC (1d20+11=17, 1d8+3-1=8) miss, effect: Shift 3 square
Move: Run (with no penalty) TPL

Javelin 2
Move: TPL
Javelin + Skirmish (+1d6 damage)
vs Ashir AC (1d20+12-2=19, 1d6+3+1d6=10) hit (-2 was for cover, though techically it should have been +2 to AC with no penalty to attack. Meh. Same difference.)

Eladrin 1
vs Ballista NW (1d20+10=18, 1d10+1d6=11, 1d20+10=23, 1d10+1d6=6) Two hits, vulnerable fire, 27 dmg
recharge : 4 (1d6=6)

Eladrin 2
Eldritch Burst
vs For, 1:Raiko 2:Max (1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=13, 1d10+5=13) Raiko hit (-1 dmg) and prone, Max miss

Half orcs
1: Move TPL and shoot, 2:Charge (+1 to attack)
1:Raiko 2:Charge Max (1d20+10=21, 1d10+5=14, 1d10=4, 1d20+10=29, 1d10+5=12, 1d10=9)
Miss Raiko. The extra D10 is for melee attack vs full health target, so it only applied to max. Hit for 21(!).
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats & Status]
Javelin 2: 29/70

Ballista NW: 39/80
Ballista crew NW: 36/50 prone
Ballista SW: 48/80

Haruka: 37 +8/51
Ashir: 10/34
Raiko: 42/54 Prone
Max: 11/32

Javelin Dancer
Perception 14