Infernal sneak attack and whirl wind sneak attack

Caragaran

First Post
Ok, my GM is running a campaign from 1-30 and I was wondering about this combo. My character is a Tiefling rogue/Dagger master to be Deadly trickster.

Infernal sneak attack now applies D6 fire damage per sneak attack dice(die) and whirlwind sneak attack applies your sneak attack to every target of an encounter power. So It seems at first glance that I could do 5 D8 + 5 D6 bonus damage against every target in a close burst(as long as I have CA ofc).

What I am not sure about is if the infernal sneak attack would only apply to one target in the burst or as I prefer to see it all the targets receive the same sneak attack damage roll (as per standard damage on a burst or blast) except those unfortunates who get critted for +70 damage :D

Last edited:

Mengu

First Post
The wording is "when you deal sneak attack damage", with whirlwind sneak attack you're dealing sneak attack damage to every target, so yes, it works.

Caragaran

First Post
The wording is "when you deal sneak attack damage", with whirlwind sneak attack you're dealing sneak attack damage to every target, so yes, it works.

Excellent we have very little AOE just what the Cleric and I can provide so this will make excellent first round softener.

And thanks for the reply :)

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Infernal sneak attack now applies D6 fire damage per sneak attack dice(die) and whirlwind sneak attack applies your sneak attack to every target of an encounter power. So It seems at first glance that I could do 5 D8 + 5 D6 bonus damage against every target in a close burst(as long as I have CA ofc).

My only question is:

why would you use it on a close burst 1 when you could use it on a blast 5?

Caragaran

First Post
My only question is:

why would you use it on a close burst 1 when you could use it on a blast 5?

Oh thats just the way we talk at our table they are all burstts we all know what they are and when OA occcur etc. ofc i intend to use it with the close blast 5 rather than a close burst.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases