Reflex Tank - Rogue

Istar

First Post
Okay now and then we come accross enemies that just target Reflex, and our tanks get hammered as there Reflex aint that good.

So thinking of making my Rogue the reflex tank, to step in and take a bit of the heat of them.

What options are there to make yourself a Reflex Tank.

Rogue +2
Rogue Dex
Epic Refex +4
Neck Slot +1 to +5
Boots of the Fencing Master +1 on a Shift
Epic Reflex +4
Robust / Epic Defences +1 / +2
Light Shield +1 (light shield Spec. +1)
Masterworks Armour +1 and upwards

mkill

Adventurer
Dead enemies don't target Reflex. Just stab whatever causes trouble for your defenders. If anything, your Reflex defense should be your least worry as a rogue.

The defenders should also consider a shield to help with Reflex defense.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
All those boosts to reflex won't do anything if your foes ignore you and just blast someone else.

I'd recommend multiclass warden, melee training and that warden feat that causes your OAs to slow (and therefore stop movement) on a hit. Most reflex targeting foes will be using ranged effects of some kind, so that's a decent way to restrict their options and make them try to blast you at least once.

You can follow that up with picking up the strong arm enforcer PP, which will let you mark more often than once per combat, and also generate some temporary hitpoints so you survive longer.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I think that trying to pump your reflex is not going to do you much good. AC is always useful as most mosnsters target it, but a lot fewer go for reflex, and most of those are artillery, who will simply blast someone lese when they have trouble hitting the rogue.

Plus, if you spend much time on the front lines, with reflex pumped, those who target AC are gonna have you for breakfast.

Overall, I would spend few resources on any defense but AC.

DracoSuave

First Post
How many melee at-will reflex-targetting abilities are there?

Just have the defender get in there.

Oh, and use a shield. +2 to reflexes.

mkill

Adventurer
I'd recommend multiclass warden, melee training and that warden feat that causes your OAs to slow (and therefore stop movement) on a hit. Most reflex targeting foes will be using ranged effects of some kind, so that's a decent way to restrict their options and make them try to blast you at least once.

Opportunity costs... 3 feats for that? Not worth it.

Also, let's not forget that nearly all monsters can hit different defenses. If your Reflex is skyhigh, it will just get you on Fort or Will.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Opportunity costs... 3 feats for that? Not worth it.
Prithee, how do you make a rogue into a sticky defender for less?
Also, let's not forget that nearly all monsters can hit different defenses. If your Reflex is skyhigh, it will just get you on Fort or Will.

Is that really true? I mean it may hold for elites and solos, but most other critters have their basic attack and a rechargeable.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases