Want a sneak peek at Players Handbook Races: Tieflings?

Mengu

First Post
Wow, that flaming weapon suddenly started giving additional dividends.

Arcane Admixture Fire + Song of Storms turns it from a good to a superb encounter buff.

Some interesting options there, both for the Cunning and the Valor bard.

Mengu

First Post
Figures. I'm a Prescient Tiefling Bard. :p

I don't know prescient bards that well, haven't seen one in action, that's why I didn't comment on them. But if you use a flaming bow, you're in good shape. Not many burst/blast options, but you do have a few immediate attack options to increase number of attacks. If you've figured out a way to use your flaming ranged weapon as an implement, you can still go for those bursts and blasts.

Thanlis

Explorer
I don't know prescient bards that well, haven't seen one in action, that's why I didn't comment on them. But if you use a flaming bow, you're in good shape. Not many burst/blast options, but you do have a few immediate attack options to increase number of attacks. If you've figured out a way to use your flaming ranged weapon as an implement, you can still go for those bursts and blasts.

Euphonic Bow as your paragon path works just fine for that purpose. It's not the most powerful PP in the world, but it's perfectly functional and it's fun if you like range.

keterys

First Post
I really wish there were a good way to make these kind of things work with actual fire powers, not 'Oh, and I carry a fire weapon'. Meh.

MrMyth

First Post
I really wish there were a good way to make these kind of things work with actual fire powers, not 'Oh, and I carry a fire weapon'. Meh.

Agreed.

Of course, even less a fan of the fact that almost no actual bard powers work with it anyway. Only two heroic powers even qualify, one of them a daily.

So either you have the fire weapon and you get these bonuses on every attack, or you don't and it is a pretty weak feat. I'd really like a solution somewhere in the middle...

DracoSuave

First Post

Fire!?!

I'd be more dismayed at the lack of fear powers for the tiefling bard.

You know.

Fear.

The -other- tiefling keyword.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases