What Condition Colors do You Use?

Aulirophile

First Post
We use the little stands from the Fiery Dragon battlebox. They come with a sheet that you cut out and it has a graphic and the condition underneath it, fold it in half so it is on both sides, and you put it in the stand as needed (generally we keep prone/daze/etc available and switch out. Though when running with a Wizard with Sleep or a Rogue with Knockout we keep unconcious/helpless available).

Siberys

Adventurer
I use Alea Tools as well. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple are 'Player/Monster Colors', used for marking and curses and such; They are the darkest versions of those colors available, too. The reds used for players have notches in the sides so you can tell them apart from bloodied, but it isn't really a big deal if we're using flip-tokens, like in DDE.

The remaining colors are used as thus;

Red = Bloodied
Light Green = Deafened
Green = Blinded
Light Purple = Dominated
Light Blue = Prone
Blue = Restrained
Light Brown = Slowed
Brown = Immobilized
Dark Brown = Petrified
White = Weakened
Light Gray = Dazed
Dark Gray = Stunned
Black = Unconcious

Also, the colors are VERY easily differentiated.

Starfox

Adventurer
We use packing straps pulled into circles that we hang on top of miniatures.

Yellow: Conditions (stun, daze tec)
Red: Bloodied
Blue: Marked (two varietied for out 2 defenders)
Green: Cursed etc.
Black: Ongoing Damage
Grey: Hidden

Hejdun

First Post
Frankly, once you get into Paragon there are way more conditions than colors. We have things like:

White Lotus (something?) - Minus one to one defense
Astral Seal - Minus 2 to all defenses and a healing perk
Vulnerable 10 all
Vulnerable 5 lightning
Pacify - If he attacks this round he's stunned
Umbral (something) - If he's in this area he's blind
He's the target of Sneak in the Attack
If you hit him, he gets knocked prone

Our last fight (level 14) used all of those conditions, in addition to the normal rigamarole of blind/stunned/dazed/marked/prone/immobilized.

I'd recommend you use a large whiteboard to track enemy conditions. Have one of the players in charge of keeping track of everything.

The Little Raven

First Post
I use Alea Tools, and aside from Red being Bloodied, the colors are player-based. I tend to use the Black, Dark Gray, and Light Gray markers for my monsters, and it's up to everyone to remember what colors they are using for what. One of my players uses a dry erase pad to track what condition/power he has assigned to which color he uses.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
We use poker chips, small ones that just fit under the mini bases. Two of the players (I'm one of them) generally have a set that they use to put under the minis and put them back into place, as the DM's arms aren't long enough to reach all the way across the damn table and do that.

Blue = Mark (any)
Red = Bloodied

Green = Hunter's Quarry (if needed)
Orange = Warlock's Curse (if needed)

These are very rarely used. We don't have a lock, and the ranger is pretty good about remembering where his quarry is.

Yellow = Blinded or something to do with Radiant damage
White = Generic condition, most often immobilized

Many conditions we'll just keep track of internally. Like, I know who I have Oathed (this is usually easily communicated by moving my figure next to it), and the ranger knows who he has quarried.

For zones, one DM started using removable pencil erasers, since they're dirt cheap, and they don't fling themselves together like the magnetic markers he'd gotten a few months ago.

Brad

Thraug

First Post
We use Alea Tools markers and I came up with this color scheme (updated with latest rules errata for conditions). I kept similar conditions on close colors to help recall. On my printer, these colors are VERY close to the Alea dics. Of course, every printer will be a bit different.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases