Evocative City Sites- Kavit M. Tor’s Emporium of Collectible Curiosities

Dark Mistress

First Post
Evocative City Sites- Kavit M. Tor’s Emporium of Collectible Curiosities

Evocative City Sites- Kavit M. Tor’s Emporium of Collectible Curiosities by Rite Publishing.

This product is 23 pages long. First 2 pages are cover and credits page.

Chapter 1 – Description (6 pages)
It has a store map and a IC introduction to the shop from a patron the visited the shop. There is also listed 6 secrets about the shop, though I wasn't sure if all 6 was suppose to be true or if the GM should pick the ones they liked. I mean no harm in doing it either way. This section finishes with 5 adventure hooks.

Chapter 2 – NPC's (4 pages)
Here is the complete stat blocks for Kavit M(the owner of the shop), Chebutan(a Monkey), and Apaxut(a gargoyle). Kavit has 2 pages, the others each one. This section has one of the few things I didn't like. It is not a major deal but makes the book a little less useful than it could have been. Kavit is a caster with a template. It doesn't list the template free and clear of the character so you could apply it to others. I mean you could take the figure it out on your own but it would have been nice if the template would have been added.

Chapter 3 - 10 Cursed Curiosities and Other Objectionable Objects (2 pages)
Below is a list of items. I liked all of them and only commenting on how I think they could have been better, to provide Rite Publishing with some feedback.

Dagger of Unhappy Returns
Devils Due Trap – I think the gem shouldn't disappear but otherwise liked this.
Doll House Trap – Love the idea, but thought those traps should appear as dolls in the house.
Flameseeker
Hat of Shifty Appearances – Loved it, but thought they should also look a little shifty.
Horn of Smog
Lord Parakeh's Sword – This was the only one I wasn't overly found of.
Ring of Degeneration – Very nasty item.
Slippers of Thief-Snaring
Vain Hat of Curses – I liked this one.

Chapter 3 – 10 Colorful Curses (1 page)
I liked all the curses, I really don't have more to say than that. Here is a list.

A Mouth Full of Mud
Impaired Reading
Lovesick
Lurking Presence – My Favorite
Seeing Red
Self Doubt
Timidity
Thin Blooded
Tongue Tied
Vertigo

It finishes with 1 page for OGL, 6 pages of the blown up map for minis and 1 page for back cover.

It also includes map packs as their own PDF's.

Closing thoughts. I liked this one, if this is the direction Rite Publishing is going to go with future ones I will be buying more. The previous ones I have, I thought where ok. This one goes beyond just giving you a location and some NPC's. It is well done and makes you want to figure out a way to drop it into your game. The art work is by Joe Calkins or public domain art, it goes from fair to in one case very good. Now other than the one critic I made earlier I do have one more. I really wish the section on objects had been expanded to at least 20 or maybe even 30 objects. If it had been then I would recommend the book just for the objects section alone, as they was just that good. As it is, for the price it is still a good buy. I am giving this a 4 star rating, it is good, but I think it could have been better.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases