Malazan Book of the Fallen [Recruiting: M&M 2nd Ed]

Friday

First Post
I mentioned before that I thought I should have you guys level up - I think it's fair to move to PL 6, which gives you an additional 15 points to spend.

Once we resolve this next bit, and you find yourselves somewhere (relatively) safe then you can go about improving things. If you want new powers or abilities, could I get you to run them past me first and we'll work out some background for it - sound ok?

Walking Dad

First Post
Works for me. I personally prefer to give smaller amounts of power points and increase PL once the players got 15 points total, when I GM. But the jump sounds appropriate.

Friday

First Post
Future jumps won't be as large, this is just a bit of a 'welcome back!' from me ;)

I've not had a chance to sit down and do game stuff yet this week, so I'll post over the weekend - just so you guys know.

Friday

First Post
I just thought I'd share this link to the encyclopediamalazica.

It has some good background things, some of which I'll refer to where it's things your characters are likely to know and it's something I can't put better words round myself (this may happen a lot).

The site has some interesting info on it that may be a handy read for you - feel free to use it or not! I'll be sure to be clear about what your characters do and don't know.

:)

Friday

First Post
Level-up!

Okay chaps - you're now PL6 which gives you an additional 15 points to play with.

If you can run any improvements past myself first and I can make sure it all fits in with the feel of things.

As I was posting just thought that the text colour for Ivy maybe wasn't the easiest to read - when she's talking a lot anyway....just shout if you want me to change it. I want to try to keep single colours for different characters so we all know who's saying what....

Cheers!

Voda Vosa

First Post
I can read it just fine. I like different colors for character speech.

One question, what is the original race/people of Helicrates? When I made him I remember you said peloponese looking equipment were common among some of the merc companies, but you didn't say which. I looked into the link you posted but couldn't find any pictures nor descriptions of the equipment style.

Also, I don't have the RG link anywhere, could you provide it?

Walking Dad

First Post
I will power-up Teth ASAP. The new speech color looks fine.

For the slow fade question in the ooc thread, how many ranks do you allow? It is relatively sheep and Teth can use his full variable pool, if needed. One full-round action and he can choose any other powers connected to Telas he needs.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helicrates

thespian9tjul2.jpg

Abilities ( 14 pp)
Strength: 18 (+ 4 )
Dexterity: 18 (+ 4 )
Constitution: 18 (+ 4 )
Intelligence: 12 (+ 1 )
Wisdom: 10 (+ 0 )
Charisma: 10 (+ 0 )

Combat ( 12 pp)
Attack: 3 ranks [+2 ranks (4pp) here]
Grapple: 7
Defense: 5 (3 ranks+ 2 powers )
Initiative: 4

Attacks
Gladius + 7 Attack for DC: 20 Range: melee ( Paralyze DC14 )
Grown Gladius attack + 7 Attack for DC: 25 Range: 5Ft reach ( Paralyze DC14 )

Saves ( 8 pp) [+2pp on saves]
Toughness: 4
Fortitude: 6
Reflex: 5
Will: 5

Skills ( 12 pp) [+4 pp of skills here]
8 ( 4 ) Acrobatics
8 ( 4 ) Climb
8 ( 4 ) Ride
8 ( 8 ) Intimidate
6 ( 6 ) Medicine
6 ( 6 ) Notice
5 ( 4 ) Search
4 ( 4 ) Sense Motive
8 ( 4 ) Stealth
8 ( 4 ) Swim

Feats ( 13 pp) [bought last 5 feats]
All out Attack 1
Defensive attack 1
Evasion 1
Improved critical 2
Power attack 1
Attack specialization 2
Fearless 1
Interpose 1
Takedown attack 1
Stunning attack 1
Ultimate effort (toughness saves) 1

Powers Rank ( 35 pp)

Device: Gladius of Torment (24 pts) 5 [ 15 ]
Absortion (Physical) 2
Paralyze 4
Enhanced ability(str) 4
Enhanced ability(dex) 4

Device: Armor of Colosus (26 pts) 5 [ 20 ]
Enhanced ability(con) 4
Grow (+10 STR (+5 melee dmg), +5CON, +5ft speed, +5 ft reach, -1 def) 5
Shield 2

Drawback ( -4 pp) Extra points
Cursed: Major common 4

Walking Dad

First Post
Proposed changes:

Teth Narkil

PL 6 Fire Sorcerer

STR 12 +1
DEX 12 +1
CON 16 +3
INT 18 +4
WIS 18 +4
CHA 14 +2

TOUGHNESS +7 (+4 without Shield Bracelet Device)
FORTITUDE +8
REFLEX +6
WILL +11

Skills
Bluff 8 (+10), Concentration 9 (+14), Craft (alchemical) 6 (+10), Diplomacy 4 (+6), Knowledge (business) 4 (+8), Knowledge (civics) 6 (+10), Knowledge (The Warrens) 11 (+15), Notice 8 (+12), profession (mercenary) 4 (+8), Ride 4 (+5), Search 4 (+8), Sense Motive 4 (+8), Stealth 4 (+5), Survival 4 (+8)

Feats
Accurate Attack, Artificer, Attack Focus 4 (spells), Defensive Roll 1, Improved Initiative, Power attack, Ritualist, Taunt
Equipment: dagger (+1 damage), ritual accouterments

Powers
Device 1 (Shield Bracelet, hard to lose)
Shield Bracelet: Force Field 3, Shield 2

Warren Mastery (Telas) 8

Super-Senses 1 (magical awareness)

Combat
Attack +3 (melee), +3 (ranged), + 7 (spells), Grapple +4
Damage+2 (dagger), +varies (various fire based attacks)
Defense +5 (+3 without Shield Bracelet, +1 flat-footed)
Initiative +1

Drawbacks
Power Loss (Warren Mastery Powers, when unable to speak or perform gestures, –2 points)

Abilities 28 + Skills 20 (80 ranks) + Feats 11 + Powers 54 + Combat 12 + Saves 17 – Drawbacks 2 = 140

Last edited:

Friday

First Post
Those all look good guys, thanks for that. Quite happy for those 'upgrades' as it were to go ahead.

With regard to your question [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], I think I may have neglected to set up a Rogues Gallery for us (that IS what you meant by RG, isn't it??). I shall remedy that!
Allllsoooo....about Helicrates' racial background: he can be from the continent you're on, which is Genabackis, perhaps raised in one of the free cities and having previously worked as a mercenary. Perhaps have a read through of the descriptions of some of these under People's of Genabackis and see which nation would best fit the character? I'm happy to discuss it with you, offer what further background I can to give you some guidance.

For [MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION], given that you only really need at most two hours for Teth to recover enough I think two ranks is fine (at least I think I've got that number right, irrespective Teth can still manage it for that short time - good I honking on that one!).

Sorry for the very slow pace this week, will get to posting a bit later on.

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases