Malazan Book of the Fallen [Recruiting: M&M 2nd Ed]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Friday;
I looked over the build and I think I got it. But when I calculated the Assassin out, I got 107pp instead of 105.
Breakdown:
22 on Abilities
9 on Saves
28 on Combat (Still not sure on some of those Attack Numbers either)
6 on the Device
25 on Skills
17 on Feats

Can you tell me where I calculated wrong?

Friday

First Post
In all honesty, I'm not very sure...but I'm not going to worry out a difference of 2ppts - maybe 10, but not 2 :)
If you've gone through and re-worked it in a way you understand, then I'm happy to go with your calculations - I did mine whilst propping the MM book and my macbook on each knee...I may have mistyped whilst trying to stop it from wobbling off my lap.

Do you think you'll go with the Assassin? Feel free to amend any part of it - if you need ideas for the Device power, just shout. For what I had in mind for the Assassin character that fit within the context - Assassins in this setting tend to use that particular Warren or items infused with it, if they aren't practitioners of it.

Cheers!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I will probably go with an archer build that crosses between the Assassin and the 150pp archetype that I found. I will give it a shot when I free up the time.

I wasn't questioning your math.;) But I had (still have) some confusion on the Combat numbers. I get 2pp for each +1, but the other numbers in the attack area are throwing me. +5 from spent PP, then the feat, but it looks like you added in modifiers from Str and Dex. While this seems normal to me from d20 I couldn't find that in the M&M rules. Checking through the numbers in VV's didn't help clarify the issue.

thanks,
PM

Friday

First Post
So your archer looks good Perrin.
[sblock=Perrin] I'm thinkin' your character has some heritage in one of the tribe surrounding the city of Kindle, so your bow and arrow are invested in a way, with the spirits of your ancestors...the way I see it, you have some Rhivi heritage that maybe isn't immediately acknowledged. Does that seem ok with you?[/sblock]

Friday

First Post
Forgot to mention this too..

[sblock=Perrin] Your Notice and Stealth are a bit high, just 2 ranks over the PL cap, could I ask ya to re-assign the extra points elsewhere? To another skill maybe? The most ranks you can have just now is 10 :D
Cheers![/sblock]

Ok, so just to be clear.....

We have three mercenaries, effectively, am I right in thinking that?

A wandering mage, a soldier of fortune and an assassin for hire. Can I get some names for your characters?

I'll post the starting point a bit later on.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mercenaries work for me, give me a day to finish up my sheet and flush out some rough background. I am very busy and cannot work this until tomorrow.

Edit: Did fix the sheet, dropped the skills and took Ranged Pin instead.

Picked a name as well, but did not get much farther.

Durzo Stern

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases