Malazan Book of the Fallen [Recruiting: M&M 2nd Ed]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well here is something I never understood. Why are there feats like attack focus? I could simply add points to attack and would have the same benefit. I never grasped that things completely

Walking Dad

First Post
Oh, that is an easy one. Buying attack focus is cheaper, if you use one attack exclusively. In effect, each character has an attack bonus, that counts for everything, and can buy degrees of bonuses for specific cases on a discount. Reading a bit the roll call forum of the M&M forum (atomic think tank) gives you really some insight in character creation.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay. So it would appear that I am not a little over but almost double over. This would be a significant change. I will need to really re-spend some points.

Being 30 PP over the PL limit means we have to spend those points on non-combat stuff. I will probably dump the points in skills and saves, but I would appear to have to adjust some feats as well. Blast 6 is probably too high as well so I need to rework the bow too.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sorry to double post, but first one was from my mobile phone.

@ Friday; I probably need to seriously rework Durzo, but since we are in the middle of combat I need to fix Attack and Damage right away.

After I rework the sheet Attack will be +6 and Damage will be +4.

Some of the feats and powers are breaking this balance so they need to be replaced. Same with the Bow.

Then I need to re-examine the melee weapons.

Actually I have learned a fair amount since I made Durzo and I forgot we are at PL5 and never went back to look at Durzo again. I will create a new on-line sheet and link it when it's done.

Friday

First Post
Don't worry about, I am rubbish with many things numerical. If you re-work your attack and damage just now, we'll get combat out the way and you can redo Durzo. S'all goooood B-)

I'll do my best to post some more combat later tonight or tomorrow.

Walking Dad

First Post
Extras like autofire or penetrating don't break PL cap, but can give a significant boost.

I like Deadly aim from W&W:

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]Deadly Aim
Your attacks are so precisely aimed that you score palpable blows far
more grievous than one would expect from your weapon and strength.
Mechanically, this functions the same as an attack with the
Autofire extra, increasing damage by +1 per 2 points the attack
roll exceeds the target’s Defense; however, where Autofire normally
inflicts more damage by hitting with more attacks, Deadly Aim
does so by pinpoint accuracy against particularly vulnerable areas.
Targets immune to critical hits are also immune to this bonus damage
and, as with Autofire, any Impervious Toughness is compared to
the attack’s base damage, before any bonus damage is added.
If the variant Power Attack feat is in play, the GM may want to
change the bonus damage to +1 for every 4 points the attack roll
exceeds the target’s Defense. As an Alternate Power, Deadly Aim
works at two-thirds the base attack’s rank.[/FONT]
BTW, has anyone the DC Adventures Hero's Hnadbook with the M&M 3e rules?

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay, already started looking at Durzo's rebuild.

For now we will use +6 Attack and +4 damage. Nifty feats and stuff not already present will just have to wait until later. ;)

Friday

First Post
It's making sense to me - I take it you guys are ok with it?

I didn't notice the 'Eyes in Back of Head' before....but so noted...dammit...you guys are going to be hard to sneak up on...:p

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I think we are waiting on Walking Dad. He hasn't been around for a day or two.

But I suggest someone loot the bodies before you guys leave them behind. Might have treasure, but more importantly clues to something plot related. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases