Adventure: Into the Wild

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Metavoid]I added back 2hp to Nementah.

Where do the the +4 extra hp come from when you spent your healing spirit? If it's from your spirit boon, it specifically only applies to allies (when adjacent to your companion spirit) when spending second wind or benefiting from one of your healing power.

So you can't get the extra +4 hp but Dante can (Though he was nearly full to start with).
[/sblock]

[sblock=Neurotic]Pass Forward; It's a move. I can't be combined with a charge.[/sblock]

[Sblock=Fourmonos]You need to re-read the paladin's rules concerning divine challenge, divine sanction and Holy Strike VS Ardent Strike because your actions makes no sense to me in regards with your intent (which is slugging the panther, apparently).

What you are 'supposed' do to if you mean to attack only the Panther with a basic attack is the following:

Move: Next to Panther
Minor: Divine Challenge on the panther (It's now marked)
Standard: Holy Strike and get the +3 to damage vs marked target.

The point of Ardent strike and other 'sanction' powers (fancy way of saying marking powers) is basically to allow you to mark more than one foe.

If you read the divine challenge rules, it says that you need to engage the target of the challenge to maintain the mark and that engaging it is either attacking or simply ending your turn next to it.

So

Move: Next to two foes
minor: Challenge the first
Standard: Ardent Strike on the other, if hit, both foes are marked. Pretty cool if trying to control the battlefield.

Ardent strike is also nifty because it allows you to mark the target of a charge, which you couldn't otherwise do since a charge ends your turn.

But in the current situation, there really was no reason to use it over a combination of divine challenge and holy strike.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Inspiring Refrain]Rocco and Nementah can still benefit from the +1 bonus to attack.

PS: Dante forgot to factor it, he had killed both thorn bushes.
[/sblock]

Abigail's sword flashes and thousands of ants dies. As a result they swarm all over her and she suffers greatly.

This time the crazy laday makes her presence felt as her second burst of thunder rocks half the party.

The Panther disengage warily and retreats near his mistress after failing to take a bite out of Renquist.

This time, the crazy woman makes her presence felt with a powerful blast sends half the party

[sblock=Actions]
Abigail
Free: Use Ibram's Makestic word to slide out of the aura
Move: Shifts TPL
Standard:
Sword burst (1d20+5=25, 1d20+5=17, 1d6+4=7) forgot to state which was which... But in hindsight, the other thorn had been killed by Dante because he forgot to factor in Inspiring refrain and so both attack hit.

So the first roll only matters, crit.

Abi's save (1d20=7)

And with this, no one got hurt by the aura of the swarm so Abi's mark does not trigger.

Panther
Bite vs Renquist AC (1d20+9=16, 1d6+4=5), miss, free shift
Move: TPL

Craaazy Lady

Thunderburst
Burst, 1:Nementah 2:Rocco 3:Dante 4:Spirit, only first damage roll counts (1d20+6=26, 1d8+2=10, 1d20+6=18, 1d8+2=3, 1d20+6=25, 1d8+2=5, 1d20+6=16, 1d8+2=9)

Vs Fortitude, hits Nementah, Rocco and Dante. On verification, the spirit is only vulnerable to melee or ranged attack so is missed. Too bad! I'd have disrupted it.

Again does a standing prone jig

Swarm
Move: TPL shift
Standard
BBCodeSwarm of mandibles (1d20+8=27, 1d6+3=9) hit for 9, abi already suffers ongoing

Aura
1:Dante (-2) 2:Rocco (-2) 3:Abigail (1d20+8=13, 1d6+3=5, 1d20+8=19, 1d6+3=5, 1d20+8=19, 1d6+3=4) miss Dante and Rocco (because of mark) and uh, well, it hits Abigail according to her wikisheet but it hasn't been updated to level 2, apparently. Let's say miss.
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Crazy Lady: prone

Panther 1: dead/54 Marked
Panther 2: 16/54
Swarm: 39/88

Abigail: 11 (8) /27 Ongoing 3 (save ends)
Dante: 19/27 dazed (save ends)
Ibram: 30 +4 /30 [10/11]
Nementah: 5/30 dazed (save ends)
Renquist: 22 +4 /31
Rocco: 23 /37 dazed (save ends)
Virgil: 30/30 +1

Blightborn Twig Blight
Perception 16
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 15, Will 13
OA: Claw (standard, at-will) Poison
+6 vs AC; 2 poison damage (3 poison damage with combat advantage).

Feyborn Ant Swarm
Senses Perception 16; low-light vision
HP 88; Bloodied 44
AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 19, Will 16
Resist half damage from melee and ranged attacks; Vulnerable 5 against close and area attacks
OA: Swarm of Mandibles (standard, at-will)
+8 vs AC; 1d6+3 damage, and ongoing 3 damage (save ends).
Undeniable Beauty (immediate interrupt, when feyborn creature is targeted by a melee attack, at-will)
+5 vs Will; against the attacker; the attacker must target a different creature or end its attack.

Crazy Lady
Perception 13; low-light vision
HP 39; Bloodied 19
AC 18; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 15
OA Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+3 vs AC; 1d8+1 damage.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante is swarmed by ants as he tries to throw a retaliatory kama at the crazy lady, sending it thudding to the dirt at his feet. He scrambles away from the ants to lash out at the retreating panther, but dozens of ants still swarm him, making him miss wildly.

[sblock=Actions]Standard Action: Throw and Stab
Attack 1(ranged) vs Crazy Lady: (Free action, draw "Kama") 1d20+7-2=Automatic miss.
Opportunity Attack from Ants: 1d20+8-2(forgot the +2 for CA, hit anyway)=20 AC, hit, for 1d6+3=5 damage (triggers Abigail's Aegis).
Move next to Fey Panter, Melee Basic Attack: 1d20+8=Automatic miss.

Dante's save vs dazed: 1d20=8, fail.

Round full of fail...

[sblock=Statblocks]
Dante, Male Human Ranger 2
Passive Perception:18, Passive Insight:13
AC:18, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:14/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/6
Initiative +5, Action Points:1
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Marauder's Rush, Off-Hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf

Status Effects: Dazed(save ends)

Opportunity Attack: +8 vs. AC, 2d4+5 damage.
Note: Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 2
Passive Perception:12, Passive Insight:12
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:12 -- Speed:6
HP:1+30/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:2/2

Opportunity Attack: +8 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.
Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock][/sblock]

DM_Malenkirk on Virtual Battlemat

Where do the the +4 extra hp come from when you spent your healing spirit? If it's from your spirit boon, it specifically only applies to allies (when adjacent to your companion spirit) when spending second wind or benefiting from one of your healing power.
Does this mean I cannot benefit from my own Protecting strike or Spirit of the Tempest (let's say I'm dazed and need a saving throw. I make an attack and grant a save - can't I do it for myself?) No temporary hit points

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco shakes his head and, with a war cry, charges the panther, but swings to high. It seems he isn't used to straight paths to enemies. His head, however, clears, dwarven stubbornness in action.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: charge vs panther; save vs Dazed (1d20+9=15, 1d6+8=13, 1d20=10) - saved

MARKING!

EDIT: I think I'd better mark the critter, just in case it teleports again, Mal if you say NO to this change NP, I should have thought of it before...I added mark token on the panther...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocco Stats]
MARKED:

Initiative +3; Senses Passive Insight 13, Passive Perception 18
HP 23/37, Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 12/12
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 14
1 AP
Speed 5

Dual Strike
Brash Strike
Combat Challenge
Combat Superiority
Pass Forward

Funneling Fury
Second Wind

Villain's Menace

[/sblock]

Last edited:

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Inspiring Refrain is my encounter power that I missed horribly with, so I don't think I get to grant the +1 to atk rolls to anybody.[/sblock]

modest

First Post
Ibram grins brightly as a sun beam when the panther runs off. "Hah! Go back to your mum then, beast!"

Hearing Abby's strong voice, Ibram realizes that his magic has caused Abby to fight with renewed vigor and hopes to end her struggle with the ants.

[sblock=OOC] Move to west side of ant swarm War Song Strike vs. the Ant Swarm 1d20+9 → [14,9] = (23) Roll Lookup for 1d12+5 → [6,5] = (11) Roll Lookup and any ally who hits the ants before my next turn gets 4 temporary hit points. Now to see if any of that matters.. Ant Swarm, undeniable beauty attack..1d20+5 → [12,5] = (17) vs. Will. My will is 18 so my attack lands. Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Hey Mal. I'm gonna need to drop out. I'm not going to be able to keep up for the next month or so. Plus I'm having a really hard time following the game with a virtual battlemat I often cannot see. :p

The basic reason has to do with work + school + summer. I can either try to post maybe twice a week and slow the game down, or I can bow out now while it's easy, keep Abby out of play for a few months, and come back into another game when things slow down.

Hate to do it, because I was enjoying the idea of being Dante's weird little sidekick (what with the Azuras/Virgil dynamic) but I really can't see my online time syncing up with this game. I had this problem a while back with another PbP, and I let it go on too long before bowing out, so I wanted to get out while I still could - and possibly let another player in on the slot who can devote the proper time to it.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I really, really do. :( [/sblock]

I'm assuming Abby will finish this encounter so I'm giving her healing and moving spirit so she can benefit from temps (since I cannot :( )

I always thought about low defenses with temps, now I'm in trouble :)

Nementah draws upon living energy of the forest and some of her wounds close.
[sblock=Actions]
Standard: second wind healing 7 hp
Save: Save (1d20=12)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ignore me, forgot I'm dazed, just to see the rolls]
Primera moves to aid Ibram and Abigail and on the way tramples over the swarm.

[sblock=Actions]
OOC: I had second thoughts, it would probably be better to mark sorceress with -5 to attacks, but I already rolled so...

Protecting strike vs. Ants Will; damage; Undeniable Beauty (1d20+4=10, 1d8+4=7, 1d20+5=15) - I don't seem to be able to connect with this.
Move: Primera between Ibram and Abby and Nementah as far from combat as possible
Minor: Second Healing spirit, Nemetah heals 7, Abby gets Healing spirit bonus (1d6=1) - turn to forget :(

Mal, trigger some OA from Primera, we need healing :angel:
MAL: I didn't make wish list, but now it would be good time to introduce superior accurate totem :
(

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Nementah]

Initiative +2; Senses Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 19
HP 12/30, Bloodied 15, Surge Value 7, Surges 10/11
AC 14; Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 15
0 AP
Speed 6

Spirits Shield
Protecting Strike
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit of the Tempest

Voyage of the Ancients
Wrath of the Destroyer
Pursuit of the Hunter
Healing spirit
Healing spirit
Speak with spirits
Certain threat

Wrath of the Spirit World

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Thanks for the feedback Mal. [/sblock]

Renquist watches the panther flee yet again, obviously spooked by the will of Lauto. Seeing his comrades struggling with swarm, Renquist strides over to them.

"Take heart, m'lady," Renquist puts his hand on Abigail. Darkness seeps from her wounds and flows into Renquist's hand. "Lauto has not called your name yet."

"But I think these ants aren't long for this world!"
Renquist spins and attempts to slay the thousands of little beasts with holy energy.

[sblock=actions] Move to square east of ant swarm.
Minor: Lay on Hands for Abigail.
Attack Ant Swarm with Holy Strike.
Undeniable beauty miss: 1d20+5 → [6,5] = (11) Roll Lookup
Holy Strike with flanking with Ibram. 1d20+6+2, 1d10+3 → ([12, 6, 2], [8, 3]) Roll Lookup
Gain 4 THP, added to stats below. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] I didn't mark this turn as I didn't know if Abigail's mark was better for this moving critters. Let me know what you think [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 18 NAD: F: 15 R:13 W:15
HP: (+4) 22/31 Surges: 12/13 Surge Value: 7 AP: 1
Languages: Allerian, Old Allerian
Str:16 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:12

Powers:
At-Will: Ardent Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands
Encounter: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle, Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, Second Wind, Divine Pursuit, Dark Reaping
Daily: Blood of the Mighty [/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Wik]No worries man, been fun adventuring with you. Be back whenever, Dante will still be around.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]For the sake of the current combat, mind if I run Abigail until we can have her bow out?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases