Adventure: Into the Wild

dimsdale

First Post
Stand strong Rocco! the warlord shouts to his ally as before he moves to aide Renquist, currently fighting the huge devil. As he comes to Renquist's left flank he states: Let's take this one down as quick as we can! . Once in good fighting position, the warlord lunges forward stabbing his longsword deep into the devil's side. The devil roars in his own pain. Renquist feels invigorated by the attack as a surge of power rushes through the dwarf's body.

Max takes advantage of the moment, stabbing the foe again, connecting for another major wound. Rocco sees an opening in the devil's defenses and chops down hard with both axes, but the attacks narrowly miss.

[sblock=actions]
minor: inspiring word for Rocco: HS plus 1d6-1 = 0 (sorry rocco...no additional hp)

movement: move right two squares
attack: lions roar: 1d20+13 vs RD AC for 2d8+7= 26 for 21 and Rocco can spend a surge

AP: concentrated attack: 1d20+13+3 (human feat: action surge) vs devil AC for 2d8+7 = 25 for 15

and Renquist gets a basic melee attack: 1d20+12+1(lend might) vs AC for 1d6+10 and 1d20+11 +1(lend might) for 1d6+9 = both attacks miss

summary: 36 damage, Rocco gets an HS, Renquist gets an HS

[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
]

Max - Human Bravura Warlord 7
*Adverse Condition: None
*Initiative: +4
*Human Feat (Action Surge): +3 on attack rolls when using AP
*Passive Insight 15
*Passive Perception 14
*Senses Normal
*HP 57
*Bloodied 28 Surge Value 15 (+1 due to belt of vigor)
Surges Per-Day 8 (+1 due to Armored Warlord feet)
*AC = 25
*Fortitude 22 Reflex 21 Will 19 Speed 5
*action surges: 0
*action Points: USED
*Second Wind: 1
*Basic Attack: +13 to hit: 1d8+9 Damage
Powers
*At will:
Commander's Strike
Brash Assault
*Encounter:
Inspiring Word 2 : 1 USED
Warlord's Strike
Grit and Spittle
Vengence is Mine
Heroic Effort
Walk it Off
Lion's Roar: USED
*Daily
Concentrated Attack : USED
Stand the Fallen
Sword Power
Shield Power
Boot Power

Max's CS

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Dimsdale, Renquist is fighting the Rage Devil with you, his MBA stinks, sorry! [/sblock]

Renquist slips under the guard of the devil just as Max lands his devastating blows. But instead of targetting the devil, he focuses Lauto's will on the Eladrin Arcanist on the roof. Despite the pull of his coming doom, Renquist is unable to pull the arcanist from the roof.

Undaunted he turns and swings his blade aggressively at the devil, but again comes up short...

[sblock=actions]
Move: Shift one square NE, next to Max (5 squares from Arcanist)
Minor: Divine Challenge: Arcanist
Standard: Call to Arms: 1d20+9 → [1,9] = (10) Roll Lookup Natural 1. (I accidentally mis-labeled the attack name, but the other ability isn't an attack, so clearly just a naming mistake :blush:)
AP: Valorous Smite vs. Rage Devil: 1d20+12, 2d8+6 → ([10, 12], [3, 2, 6]) Roll Lookup . Crap, I don't suppose I get a +1 to hit from any of Max's abilities for attacking while adjacent with my AP?
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Renquist, Revenant paladin of Lauto
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:15 Insight: 20
AC: 24/23 (24 if not bloodied) NAD: F: 17 R:18 W:19
HP: 43/54 Surges: 12/12 Surge Value: 13 AP: 1
Languages: Allerian, Old Allerian
Str:13 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:8 Cha:18

Powers:
At-Will: Ardent Strike, Enfeebling Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Encounter: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle or Divine Strength, Second Wind, Valorous Smite, Dark Reaping, Call to Arms, Call of Challenge, In Death, Life
Daily: Radiant Delirium, Hallowed Circle

Special: AC is 24 when not bloodied. Gains 3 DR TSNT if Renquist spends a healing surge. [/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Dimsdale, Renquist is fighting the Rage Devil with you, his MBA stinks, sorry! [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
<slaps forehead> oh boy. I'll just substitute Renquist's name with rocco's. Let's get him Renquist
[/sblock]

[sblock=Renquist spending an AP in the presence of Max]

Here's that +1 to attack roll you are looking for FourMonos :)

Battlefront Leader Power

Any ally within three squares of max can shift 1/2 movement speed as a free action.

Bravura Presence

When an ally Max sees spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll.

If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, then the ally can choose to do the following after the AP action:
* make a basic attack +1 to hit (due to feat: improved bravura)
or
* make a move action as a free action +1 added to ally's speed for movement (due to feat: improved bravura)

If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

Clearly worth the risk :)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
As the Cambion flies away, Dante spins and lashes out at the Imp instead. It avoids his first attack but connects with a second one, drawing a spray of devil blood. With enemies on all sides, he readies himself to attack anything that gets close to him.

OOC: Virgil moved down 6 left 5 last round. Presumably Acid Fire is a Burst or Blast so I don't think he was hit by it, so no damage or ongoing damage AFAIK.

[sblock=Actions] Immediate Interrupt: Disruptive Strike(when Imp 1 attacks): 1d20+13=22 AC vs Imp, hit, 2d4+10=17 damage and the imp takes -6 on the attack, which still hits(note: accidentally put the ranged version in IC instead of melee).
Start of Turn: Virgil takes 10 ongoing damage(?).
Minor: Quarry Imp.
Standard: Twin Strike:
*Attack 1 vs Imp: 1d20+13=Nat1.
*Attack 2 vs Imp: 1d20+13=20 AC, hit, 2d4+6+1d6=13 + 6= 19 damage.
Move -> Minor: Snarling Wolf Stance: Dante makes a MBA and can shift 3 as a reaction against any creature that makes a melee attack against him(he'll shift closer to Virgil) until the end of the encounter.
Dante's Save(vs slowed): 1d20=5, fail, Amulet of Resolution reroll: 1d20=2, fail, *sigh*.
Virgil's Save(vs 10 ongoing damage, if he has it): 1d20=5, fail.

Status Effects
:
*Dante: DR4, slowed(save ends)
*Virgil: 10 ongoing damage(save ends) ??
[sblock=Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 7
Passive Perception:21, Passive Insight:16
AC:21, Fort:20, Reflex:19, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:47/52, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:14, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +6, Action Points:1
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Ruffling Sting, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf, Snarling Wolf Stance, Healing Lore, Amulet of Resolution

MBA: +13 vs. AC, 2d4+10 damage (Crit 2d6+18)
Notes: *Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante. *Dante deals +1 damage when he has CA. *Dante deals +2 damage to bloodied enemies.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 7
Passive Perception:13, Passive Insight:13
AC:22, Fort:19, Reflex:19, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP:61(?)/70, Bloodied:35, Surge Value:17(22), Surges left:2/2

MBA: +10(+12 if OA) vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.
Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Thanks dimsdale. I'm going to pass on the MBA because mine stinks. Just to be clear, the Arcanist is marked but now the Rage Devil is not...

Oh, and who spends the healing surge from Max? If Renquist does (due to range) then he is full HP and gains DR 3 TENT.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco starts his whirling defense axes whistling through the air. The pulls them in tightening up and then unfurling in a sudden burst of movement, both weapons flashing with their respective magics leaving bloody trail across devil's torsoes.

He stops for a moment only to continue spinning in opposite directions.

"You'll regret showing your face here, wee one. Dwarves are resistant to poisons, even those of your kind."

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Dancing Defense
Standard: Sweeping blow vs Pain Devil AC (main hand); Imp AC (off-hand weapon); damage (1d20+12=22, 1d20+11=29, 1d6+10=15) - use Flesh Grinder power to target Pain Devils Fort hitting him and adding 2 damage

Free attack granted by dancing defense: MBA vs Imp AC; damage (1d20+11=18, 1d6.minroll(2)+9+3=16)

TOTAL: Pain Devil: 17 damage; Imp: 14 + 3 cold damage
MARK BOTH

Move: Second Wind (heals 14) +2 all defenses TENT

Save vs Slow (1d20=20) - add 5 if this is poison effect - what a place to roll 20
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Seeing Rocco battling alone Ashir moves forward a bit, still staying next to his iron defender for now.

His staff bursts into flames as a sphere of fire appears behind the devils, "Your infernal protection to fire does nothing to one who's unlocked your secrets hellspawn!" Ashir roars, the flames wash over the devil and cause tremendous damage.

"Still standing, huh?" The mage quips, then incants a few words of power and a beast from the lower planes, a magma beast shaped like a large hunting cat appears behind the devil. The creature is disoriented from the planar travel though and cannot harm the pain devil. For his part of the bargain, Ashir feels the weight of the summons slow his steps.

[sblock=ooc]
*Mal - 2 comments:
1) When did the Iron Cohort get hit? I didn't see anything in the round update
2) Ashir should be at 7thp (from the restfull bedroll)

Move: North 2 squares, E 1 square
Standard: Summon Flaming Sphere at 2 squares north of Rocco (still adjacent to P, 1-2) - vs ref (paind devil); fire (1d20+14=34, 2d6+15=18)Crit fire (1d6=1) crits for 28 fire damage.
Minor: Summon Magma Beast 1 square NW of P1.

At end of turn the intrinsic action takes effect for the beast - attacks closest creature (P1) - vs ref (P1); fire (1d20+14=16, 1d10+15=16) miss, but Ashir is SLOWED TENT.

Anyone starting adjacent to the sphere takes fire (1d4+13=15) damage

*Planned Immediate Interrupts:

1) If Ashir is attacked by melee attack from enemy, use interrupt to switch target to construct (AC 25).
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 14
AC: 23 NAD:23/22/20
HP: 50/50+7thp Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 11 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:20 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:20 Cha:8

Opportunity Attack: +13 vs. AC, 1d8+6 damage (Crit 1d6+14)

Powers:
Cantrips
Arc Lightning
Winged Horde
Magic Missile
Grasping Shadows (Skewering Spikes)
Lightning Bolt (Corrosive Mist)
Fire Shroud (Colour Spray)
Promise of Storms
Shield (Mystical Debris)
Second Wind
Sustaining Cloak +2
Stoneskin Robes +2
Flaming Sphere (Arcane Whirlwind)
Summon Magma Beast (Stinking Cloud)
Summon Iron Cohort (Wizard's Escape)
Flaming Staff +1
Restful Bedroll

[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Why is Max's Inspiring Word healing surge+d6-1? It should be surge+2d6. Also, if C1 is the one who attacked me, as the rolls seem to indicate, he would have taken 5 more damage from White Lotus Riposte.[/sblock]

Haruka yelps in pain and surprise, but quickly regains focus. With a quick gesture, she sends another lance through her previous target's chest, slaying him. She then grins wickedly as she launches herself across the square, shadows trailing in her wake. Her talon tears into the devil again and again, leaving grievous injuries.

[sblock=actions]Standard: Eldritch Bolt C1. . That misses thanks to cover, so I'll use Heroic Effort to boost the attack roll by 4, which should mean he's dead. If he's not, and he attacks me before the start of my next turn, he takes 5 more force damage.
Free: Soul Feast, gain 4 thp.
Free: Shroud the Rage Devil a second time.
Move: Move two south, three east, gain concealment from Shadow Walk.
Action Point: Charge the Rage Devil to where Renquist is on the current map, invoking shrouds and using Max's boon. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2957695/]Hits AC 31 for 32 necrotic damage.
I get a +2 power bonus to my next attack roll against him, and if he attacks me before the start of my next turn, he takes 5 more necrotic damage.
Granted Attack: Soul Eater vs Rage Devil. Hits AC 28 for 21 more necrotic damage, and I get a +2 power bonus to my next attack roll against him.

Oh, and preset Reflexive Hellfire's immediate reaction. If someone adjacent to me attacks me, 10 fire and necrotic damage and they're pushed out of melee with me.

Failed save.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats] Haruka Sato human hexblade 8
Initiative: +6 | Passive perception: 13 | Passive Insight: 19
AC: 25 | For: 22 | Ref: 20 | Will: 23
HP: 48/65+4 | Bloodied: 32 | Surge value: 16 | Surges: 10/10
Speed: 5 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 1d12+14 necrotic damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs Reflex, 1d10+14 force damage
Powers: Eldritch Bolt, Soul Eater
Blazing Doom of the Void (2/2), Reflexive Hellfire
Decree of Khirad, Crackling Fire
Heroic Effort, Assassin's Shroud (0/2), Shadow Step
Ethereal Stride, Lesser Planar Ally, Dark One's Own Luck
Ironscar Rod, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
DR 4
Concealed

Ongoing 10 (save ends)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nementah activates her armor for protection from melee devils. She then points up in the air toward one of the flying devils.

"Primera, show him true pain, the one spirits of nature suffer because of his existence."

Primera gallops up and winds swirl around the devil, icicles forming in the air and blooding it. Primera remains surrounded by slight glow.

"Everyone, if you need healing, call out and try to get to Primera, I'll get her ground level soon. Spirits of good will help you heal against this evil!"

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Activate Repulsion Armor
Move: Primera goes up adjacent to W1, 1 square lower then it.
Standard: Winds of Pain and Succor vs Will (W1); cold damage (1d20+9=26, 3d8+5=20)
- first ally to regain hp adjacent to Primera regains extra 1d8; second 2d8 and third 3d8 extra hp at which point this effect ends

In this order:
Immediate Reaction: if enemy ends it's move adjacent to Nementah she pushes it back 1 square

Immediate Interrupt: [sblock=Infectious Spark]
Trigger: SC is hit a melee attack
Attack: +9 vs Will
Hit: 1d8+5 psychic damage and the target makes melee basic attack against the enemy of Nementah's choosing. SC dissapears and Nementah takes no damage from the dissapearance.
[/sblock]

Immediate Reaction:
[sblock=Pursuit of the Hunter]
Trigger: An enemy withing 2 squares of Nementah moves on its turn
Effect: You shift 3 squares. Until TENT Nementah deals 1d6 extra damage to triggering enemy when she hits and doesn't take -2 penalty to attack if enemy has cover or concealment.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases