Adventure: Into the Wild

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Metavoid: Yes, Melee spirit gets 1/2 damage vs Swarm.

Fourmonos: You act when you post. So at this point, Abigail has just been delaying. I am giving some more time and if it takes too long I will run her. I updated on the 3rd and I will always at least give the next two full days to post, which means I won't consider running her until the 6th at some point (usually in the evening).
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit. The short of it is, been even busier than usual... plus the computers at my weekend job crapped out. Anyways, there'll be a post in an hour (hopefully). I have to get some work done, first. ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]AND Done! Sorry for the delay. I'm at work, so I can't DL the virtual battlemat... So, that sucks. But I can at least post actions![/sblock]

Abigail is swarmed by ants. She curses, loudly, and draws her blade. She spins in a circle, and a concussive wave of heat seems to press out from the blade, knocking ants into the air. She then points at one of the twig blights and says "Bring it on, sticks!"

[sblock=actions]
Standard Action to Sword Burst on surrounding enemies (the Ant Swarm and the Twig Blights).
1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=12, 1d6+4=7 (Ant Swarm first, then Twig Blight - both miss anyway. )
Minor Action to mark the twig blight between Nementah and Renquist.
Azuras will stay in passive status.
[/sblock]

[sblock=invisible castle]It seems like both my work computer and my home computer cannot let me log into Invisible Castle. Is it alright if I post rolls as I've been doing, or should we figure out some other arrangement?[/sblock]

[sblock=tactics]
So, guys, what's the plan? Abby has a few burst attacks, so this swarm is probably going to be my responsibility. Though she can also get her sneak attack if someone wants to move into a flank...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I'd suggest MetaVoid put his spirit up close to sorceress and if someone has pulling powers to ready an action just before she attacks /or gets up/ so we get her on the level

Mal, how can we get up there? Climbing check? Climbing charge? How hard would that be?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The thorn busges have been diminished in numbers but are still just as virulent. The swarm of fey ants turn into mist and move deeper in the ranks of their adversaries, crawling all over Dante and Rocco in particular.

The crazy lady is less accurate this time but she also whistles and suddenly three fey panthers appears seemingly out of nowhere, charging and pouncing on Rocco and Nementah. But you know what you've heard about cats being good hunters? It's a lie.

DM_Malenkirk on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=Actions]
Thorn
1&2:Nementah (CA) 3&4:Renquist (CA) 5:Rocco (1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=23, 1d20+6=13, 1d20+6=22, 1d20+6=7) Nementah hit for 6, Renquist for 3.

PS: For transparency's sake, I'll mention I screwed up a first IC roll with the same text but that rolled only once instead of five time.

Swarm
Recharge for Lure of the wild : 6 (1d6=3)
Move: Step through the mist, teleport 3 square TPL
Swarm of mandible vs Dante AC (1d20+8=23, 1d6+3=9) Dante hit for 9, ongoing 3 (save ends)

Possible damage from starting in Aura:
1:Dante 2:Ibram 3:Rocco (1d20+8=20, 1d6+3=9, 1d20+8=14, 1d6+3=8, 1d20+8=27, 1d6+3=4)

Dante might take 8 dmg and Rocco might take 4 if they don't get free movement out of the aura before their turn is up.

Crazy Lady
vs Rocco Reflex (1d20+6=9, 2d4+2=5)
She got back up as a move and dropped again as a minor

Fey Panthers
Previously:
Stealth (1d20+11=26, 1d20+11=24)

Pouncing Charge
Charge, 1:Nementah 2:Rocco (+2 CA) (1d20+9+1=14, 1d6+4+1d6=6, 1d20+9+1=11, 1d6+4+1d6=11) So... yeah.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats & Status]
Crazy Lady: prone

Abigail: 14/27
Dante: 20 (9) /27 Ongoing 3 (save ends) and maybe 8 from aura
Ibram: 19/30
Nementah: 18/30
Renquist: 22/31
Rocco: 34 (30) /37 maybe 4 from aura
Virgil: Immobilized (save ends)

Blightborn Twig Blight
Perception 16
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 15, Will 13
OA: Claw (standard, at-will) Poison
+6 vs AC; 2 poison damage (3 poison damage with combat advantage).

Feyborn Ant Swarm
Senses Perception 16; low-light vision
HP 88; Bloodied 44
AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 19, Will 16
Resist half damage from melee and ranged attacks; Vulnerable 5 against close and area attacks
OA: Swarm of Mandibles (standard, at-will)
+8 vs AC; 1d6+3 damage, and ongoing 3 damage (save ends).
Undeniable Beauty (immediate interrupt, when feyborn creature is targeted by a melee attack, at-will)
+5 vs Will; against the attacker; the attacker must target a different creature or end its attack.

Crazy Lady
Perception 13; low-light vision
HP 39; Bloodied 19
AC 18; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 15
OA Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+3 vs AC; 1d8+1 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Climbing]DC 15, 2 square high, can be done as part of a move but not of a charge.

To charge up the rock you'd need to basically clear the rock with a high jump. I bit much for a level 1, I expect.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]So, basically, the only way I can avoid taking this big hit from the ants is if Nementah moves the spirit companion (say, 1 square into the air since it's a conjuration and doesn't need to be on the ground) then Ibram shifts Dante into the square the spirit companion is in with a Majestic Word.

If you guys can do that, it'll save Dante 8hp(more than a healing surge worth).

Alternately, if you guys can knock it's to-hit down by 3 by the start of Dante's turn(say a Mark and ???) it'll miss.[/sblock]

[sblock=Fey Panthers?]Any way we could we get the stats for the Panthers Mal?[/sblock]

[sblock=Pic for Abigail?]I found a couple potentials for Abigail's Icon: Funny, Cool but would need Photoshoping, Restrained, Dramatic, Not quite right?, I give up. Note: deviantart is a great place to waste time when you're bored and/or looking for inspiration.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tactics]I think Abigail's the one to take the ants. Be especially good if she could get a mark on them considering how many attacks they make automatically(and if you mark them before Dante's turn, you'll be guaranteed an Aegis attack against them).

Anyone else with blasts or bursts go for the ants too, otherwise, I say we finish off the Twigs ASAP, then Panthers, then Crazy. Swarms are deadly though (especially this elite one) so we may need to save Crazy for last.[/sblock]

Last edited:

[sblock=Tactics]
Should I use my daily? it'll affect every enemy, push them around and knock them prone (along with 3d+4 damage) - just may drop the lady from her perch

IRONSKY: Majestic word to move you would be a waste since you'd be healed morethen you need. And you do not need 8hp saved, but 3, since you have temporaries

that said, mark plus removing of CA would drop their attack by 4 maybe that would work? If someone has immediate interrupt?

I'd say leave thorns to area effects and random redirects, concentrate on panthers and the lady
[/sblock]

"Lady, call off your minions or you'll loose them. We're just passing through and you won't be able to stop nobody else if you're incapacitated"

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Tactics]
Should I use my daily? it'll affect every enemy, push them around and knock them prone (along with 3d+4 damage) - just may drop the lady from her perch

IRONSKY: Majestic word to move you would be a waste since you'd be healed morethen you need. And you do not need 8hp saved, but 3, since you have temporaries

that said, mark plus removing of CA would drop their attack by 4 maybe that would work? If someone has immediate interrupt?

I'd say leave thorns to area effects and random redirects, concentrate on panthers and the lady
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tactics]Ah yes, I forgot that I had those temps. I was just looking at Mal's update that doesn't factor them in. Yes, I agree about that Majestic Word would be a waste.

The ants don't have CA at the moment, so that won't work, but there's the possibility that someone has an at-will/encounter that throws a -2 penalty on things hit.

As for using your daily, might be a good idea. This is a pretty tough encounter between 3 standards, and elite, and the minions. Will be especially useful in taking down that ant swarm too. Go for it![/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: MetaVoid, if you have that teleport power from wilden, use it to gain better position...*lookup* ah, OK, use shift on movement from panthers to avoid it's attack and/or gain better position for your daily. Use it!

Rocco takes the panther in it's stride, hooking the claw with the axe and heaving it closer. He backhands toward the swarm, but somehow his hand refuses to move and instead swishes over thornbush, ruffling it's leaves, but leaving it unharmed.

[sblock=Actions]
Funneling Fury vs. Panther AC; Fey ants AC; Undeniable Beauty (1d20+8=20, 1d6+8=13, 1d20+7=8, 1d6+7=12, 1d20+5=25) - panther hit on 20? sure miss on the swarm and oh, what a place to spend a critical ! :( - return the panther one square down if 20 misses

Panther marked and depending on Mal's ruling either both swarm and twig blight or only one of them (which one?) - I attacked all of them

Move: shift
Minor: look grimm and intimidating
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocco Stats]
MARKED: panther, feyborn ant swarm, twig blight

Initiative +3; Senses Passive Insight 13, Passive Perception 18
HP 30/37, Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 12/12
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 14
1 AP
Speed 5

Dual Strike
Brash Strike