Adventure: Into the Wild

Wik

First Post
Abigail is a little winded as the ants move away. And she gives chase... Stepping close to the ants and one of the panthers, she lets out a blast of super-heated flame from her blade, and then focuses her attention on the ants.

[sblock=actions]
Again, IC doesn't work. If someone wouldn't mind rolling for me... ?
MOVE: Move to square west of ants.
STANDARD: Sword Burst, attack against both panther and ant swarm. +5 vs. Reflex, 1d6 + 4 force damage. (Abby's Will Defence is 15, so it's 50/50 she can't attack those damned ants) - if it does hit those ants, though, it's an area attack, so there's the extra damage...
MINOR: Marking Ant Swarm.
[/sblock]

[sblock=a few things]
1) Abby needs healing, unless she blows her second wind next round (blech).
2) Please clear an area, so Abby can drop her Flame Cyclone next round - it hits friendlies as well as enemies. So keep a blast 3 safe around the ants, and hopefully she can hit at least two enemies with it.
3) I have a picture for Abby set aside. on my home comp, though, so there is that. (I do apologize for my absences right now - I'm working about 60 hours a week right now, 7 days a week. Couple that with a home computer that's spotty at best, and, well... :p)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Abigail's rolls]Undeniable beauty: 1d20+5=25. Crit. Damn, didn't I decide last game that I wasn't going to roll for you Wik? This sort of thing always seems to happen when I do...

Ahah! Just re-read the power and its only when they are targeted by a melee attack. Hooray!

Sword Burst vs Ant Swarm: 1d20+5=21, for 8 + 5 = 13 damage.
Sword Burst vs Fey Panther: 1d20+5=21, for 8 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=This round's temps]So, I think Dante has 1, Virgil has 4, Abigail has 4, Renquist has 4, Ibram has 4. So, they could go to Rocco since he has none, or boost Dante's up to 5...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante dives and rolls away from the ants, just barely missing him thanks to Abigail's arcane aegis repelling them. He leaps to his feet, shrugging off the worst of the ant's attack, then focuses on the nearest panther, lashing out and dealing two deep slashes with his kama-chain on the panther.

Meanwhile, Virgil finally breaks free from the thorns entangling him.

[sblock=Actions]Take 3 ongoing damage at start of turn, 1 THP remaining. 20 HP remaining.
Move Action: Invigorating Stride(Shift 2 + second wind: heal 7 hp to 27 and +2 defenses TSNT)
Minor Action: Hunter's Quarry on Fey Panther
Standard Action: Twin Strike vs Fey Panther.
Attack 1: 1d20+8=23 AC, hit, for 6 damage.
Attack 2: 1d20+8=28 AC, crit!, for 8 damage + 6 (Hunter's Quarry) = 14 damage. Edit: Dante will also take the 5 temps from Ibram's Valor.

Dante's save vs 3 Ongoing damage: 1d20=9, fail
Virgil's save vs Immobilized: 1d20=15, success

[sblock=Statblocks]
Dante, Male Human Ranger 2
Passive Perception:18, Passive Insight:13
AC:18, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:5+27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/6
Initiative +5, Action Points:1
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Marauder's Rush, Off-Hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf

Opportunity Attack: +8 vs. AC, 2d4+5 damage.
Note: Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante.

3 ongoing damage (save ends)
, +2 defenses until start of next turn

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 2
Passive Perception:12, Passive Insight:12
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:12 -- Speed:6
HP:4+30/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:2/2

Opportunity Attack: +8 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.
Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I rush updated my other game and am just too tired to do this one. :.-(

Thursday is a tough day for me, I finish work very late. I'll get to it tomorrow.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Temps]Since no one else chimed in, Dante will take this round's temps too (3/4 of a healing surge worth for him). So, Dante's at 5 temps unless someone else objects and takes them. Also, I have ongoing damage, so it's guaranteed that I'll use them.[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: Next round I'll recall Primera and get healing spirit out (which gives tmps to everyone adjacent to SC and heals two people, one surge +4 and another 1d6+4)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Rules questions from Metavoid]
Pursuit of the Hunter says when enemy within 2 squares moves....does that include enemies that COME within 2 squares and continue moving or only those that START moving? Also, how far were the panthers (maybe they started within 2 squares)?

There are twigs moving so I'll use pursuit anyhow, just want to know for future reference

If I push crazy lady toward us (It's push 2) would she drop if I put her in a square half covered with stone?

IF not, would she drop if I push her on the other side? That will not bring her to us, but will delay her for a round or two...

1-It's vs Enmies that start within 2 square then moves. No, the panther were hidden farther and then moved charge. If they were somehow invisible within 2 square, I would have given them +2 CA.

2 - You can't push an opponent toward you, by definition. A push has to move the target away. A pull would draw closer while a slide leaves you free to do what you want.

If you try to force move someone in a dangerous situation (any time he would take damage, at a minimum), the target gets an immediate save. If successful, the targets falls prone on the spot but the forced movement is cancelled. This would apply if you tried to push the crazy lady off the rock (She'd risk 1D10 fall damage).

I invite you to roll the save yourself when you create such a situation.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Renquist]Actually, I don't think the panther is marked. The attack itself that you used does not mark and since you used your minor action to channel divine strenght, you had no action left for divine challenge.

Also, how did you make 1d20+10 for the attack? By your stats, it should be 1d20+6...

A roll of 12 is still a hit, though, vs AC 18 (-2) so it doesn't change anything.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Abigail]Swordburst isn't technically a melee attack, it's a close burst.

That means you don't need to test your will vs Undeniable Beauty for this attack.

But it ought to be +4 vs Reflex, not +5, according to your wiki.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dante]Your HS heal 6, not 7 hp.[/sblock]

The panther disappears out of thin air, only to reappear a short distance and pounce again. Nementah is grievously wounded by one of the panther.

The Swarm of ant is all over Abigail and the proud warrior is on the brink of unconsciousness.

The crazy lady lives up to her moniker and lays down a thunderous spell centered on her allied ants in the hope of stunning several heroes, but only Virgil ends up dazed.

[sblock=Actions]
Fey panther:
Move: They both teleport away in a spot where they get a clear charge LOS and they pounce
Charging Pounce 1:Dante 2:Nementah (1d20+9+1=12, 1d6+4+1d6=16)
As you can see I forgot to request 2 rolls, so that's just vs Dante, miss
Charging Pounce vs Nementah (1d20+9+1=22, 1d6+4+1d6=10) hit

Thorn bushes
1: Rocco 2:Nementah (1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=14) miss Rocco, hit Nementah

Ant Swarm:
Move:Shifts TPL
Swarm of Mandibles, vs Abigail AC (1d20+8=27, 1d6+3=5) hit
AP;
[roll=Mal Malenkirk]#2558939[/roll]
BBCodeAP; same vs Abigail (1d20+8=10, 1d6+3=6)

Aura attacks:
Basic Attack vs 1:Dante 2:Rocco 3:Abigail 4:Virgil (1d20+8=9, 1d6+3=6, 1d20+8=18, 1d6+3=6, 1d20+8=22, 1d6+3=6, 1d20+8=15, 1d6+3=4) Miss Rocco because of mark, hits Abigail (6) if she is still in the aura when she takes her turn.

Crazy Lady:
Thunderburst centered on the Antswarm, vs Fortitude
Thunderburst, Area blast 1, 1:Rocco, 2:Dante, 3:Abigail, 4:Virgil, 5:Antswarm (1d20+6=16, 1d8+2=5, 1d20+6=10, 1d8+2=3, 1d20+6=7, 1d8+2=3, 1d20+6=16, 1d8+2=3, 1d20+6=11, 1d8+2=10) low, low scores! Hits only Virgil for 3...
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Crazy Lady: prone

Panther 1: 5/54 Marked (Rocco, curently using the green R token)
Panther 2: 29/54 -2 AC next turn for Ibram, Rocco and Nementah
Swarm: 54/88

Abigail: 13 (4) (3 ongoing, 6 aura) /27
Dante: 26 +5 (+2) /27 Ongoing 3 (save ends)
Ibram: 30 +4 /30 [10/11]
Nementah: 6/30
Renquist: 22 +4 /31
Rocco: 28 /37
Virgil: 30/30 +1

Blightborn Twig Blight
Perception 16
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 15, Will 13
OA: Claw (standard, at-will) Poison
+6 vs AC; 2 poison damage (3 poison damage with combat advantage).

Feyborn Ant Swarm
Senses Perception 16; low-light vision
HP 88; Bloodied 44
AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 19, Will 16
Resist half damage from melee and ranged attacks; Vulnerable 5 against close and area attacks
OA: Swarm of Mandibles (standard, at-will)
+8 vs AC; 1d6+3 damage, and ongoing 3 damage (save ends).
Undeniable Beauty (immediate interrupt, when feyborn creature is targeted by a melee attack, at-will)
+5 vs Will; against the attacker; the attacker must target a different creature or end its attack.

Crazy Lady
Perception 13; low-light vision
HP 39; Bloodied 19
AC 18; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 15
OA Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+3 vs AC; 1d8+1 damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Mal, you're right about the mark. I don't know why, but I thought that attack marked with divine sanction.

The +10 came from my starting +6 attack, +2 from flanking (moved opposite Ibram), and (-2) to AC. I guess I should have been more clear with the addition of bonuses (subtractions of negatives?) However, looking at the math more carefully, it is a Fort attack, so the AC deficit from Modest wouldn't have mattered... it should have been +8 vs 16 Fort, and as you said, still hit.

Also, the panther has now taken 25 damage (12 Ibram and 13 Renquist), and he is marked down only 20. [/sblock]

OOC: Mal, didn't my shift (Pursuit of the Hunter) trigger? Unless teleport doesn't count as move? I was hoping to spoil exactly this kind of maneuvering with it...

Reeling from many hits, Nementah shifts closer to her companions. At the same time Primera charges down from the stone to protect her. Nementha raises her totem and worst wounds on her close. On the way down Primera touches Dante who feels minor healing magic soothing ant bites.

She waits for optimal positioning of her allies and Primera lashes out at ant swarm making tiny insects sure she's real creature and very tasty at that. Except she doesn't succeed in fulling myriad of tiny minds.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: shift down, primera moves full move
Minor: Healing spirit on self (surge +4) and Dante recovers Healing (1d6=2) hit points
Standard: Protecting Strike vs Ant swarm Will (1d20+4=13, 1d8+4=11) - miss
Fey ant redirect vs Will (1d20+5=12) miss

Everyone adjacent to Primera has +1 NADs.
Any movement of enemies adjacent to her is punished by Spirit's shield (+4 vs Ref, 4 damage and one ally regains 4 hp)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Nementah]
Initiative +2; Senses Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 19
HP 17/30, Bloodied 15, Surge Value 7, Surges 10/11
AC 14; Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 15
0 AP
Speed 6

Spirits Shield
Protecting Strike
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit of the Tempest

Voyage of the Ancients