What do you think of the Inquisitor?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Personally, I love it. At first glance, it appears to be a Divine Bard/Marshal on 'roids. I'm not a big fan of the fluff, but being fluff, I can always change it.

Anyone used it in play? Overpowered? Underpowered?

White Wizard

First Post
I think the reason your not getting a lot of response is because it is a solid straight forward class. You hear a lot more about the summoner because it is so unique, and the witch because it is questionably underpowered. The inquisitor looks built really well and looks as if it will fit well as a secondary fighter. I havn't used it yet and probably won't have the opportunity too for a little while.

White Wizard

First Post
I had the very same impression. I had hoped they would have done an arcane warrior type. You have the ranger who is the nature warrior, you had the paladin as the holy warrior, we just needed the arcane warrior but oh well. Still like the class. It just seems they took the flavor from the 4e avenger.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Build a gish off the Inquisitor as a template...

I've built a couple of new classes, at least one of them going into an upcoming publication. I created a samurai, using the ranger as a template, I just replaced unneeded abilities with ones more appropriate for a samurai (like Ki instead of divine spells) and maintaining the former abilities progression, but used same BAB, saves and the Combat Style with five different appropriate samurai styles.

It might worthy to try and build a Gish using the Inquisitor as a template.

Replace judgments with something else that's more "gishy" or just different kinds of judgements more appropriate for a wizard or sorcerer. Replace divine spell list with arcane spell list, though would be appropriate to limit the list, just as the inquisitor is limited - absolutely up to 6th level spells only. Then just stick with the Inquisitor on most everything else. Team feats seem appropriate.

By using the Pathfinder Core and Advanced classes as a template, I can feel fairly safe that my classes are Pathfinder balanced by design, though it would still require extensive playtesting and tweaking, but it might be worth a try...

GP

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases