Dark Sun D&D Encounters Characters

chitzk0i

Explorer
I doubt the character builder has all the DS stuff on it, but yes, some basic mistakes there.
It sure doesn't, but they would have all the stats correct and they'd only have to manually calculate the DS-specific powers. Even with the DS races they could just pick the right array to make sure they have the point buy correct, then hourserule their stats to include the stat bonuses.

SquareKnot

Explorer
It's also interesting to note that the descriptions and the artwork don't always match. For example, Jarvix has a single horn, yet his art shows two. And Phye has red hair, yet the art shows raven black hair.

I'm going to start running these characters in a test dungeon to see how they do. I guess I'll apply the errata.

My interest in Dark Sun is at a new high.

chitzk0i

Explorer
Barcan is supposed to have sunbursts on his armor. Phye is supposed to be wearing chainmail, but she has cleavage showing, clear as day! :)

SquareKnot

Explorer
Barcan is supposed to have sunbursts on his armor. Phye is supposed to be wearing chainmail, but she has cleavage showing, clear as day! :)

Athas is a very hot place, so the ventilation makes sense. However, the armor seems to be metallic, while it is described at being made of chitin.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Boy, Barcan - Human Cosmic Sorcerer (Veiled Alliance), is a poster child for why you do not want to put an 18 into a stat before racial modifiers. He could really use some defenses and hit points. And he cannot take armored proficiency for a long time either. Maybe unarmored agility would be a good pick. a 14 AC is a lot better.

Phaezen

First Post
I do like the backgrounds --> encounter power idea. Gives characters an other interesting choice for building. The skills never did it for me with previous backgrounds. I do see the potential for some powers not matching character classes well, though. Like wasteland fury for a non-strength character.

I am assuming, until proved otherwise, the the background powers will give you a choice of stat to use.

Edit: Looking at the two Veiled Alliance characters - Jarvix seems to be using his Int modifier, while Barcan is using his Charisma mod.

Last edited:

Caught another error on Barcan's sheet: Blazing Starfall initially does radiant damage.

Boy, Barcan - Human Cosmic Sorcerer (Veiled Alliance), is a poster child for why you do not want to put an 18 into a stat before racial modifiers. He could really use some defenses and hit points. And he cannot take armored proficiency for a long time either.

Agreed. I'd build him like this:

Str 16, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 18
Armor Proficiency (Leather), Improved Initiative
AC: 15, Fort: 14, Reflex: 12, Will: 17
HP: 24, Surges: 7, Surge Value: 6
Insight +4, Arcana +6, History +6, Diplomacy +9, Bluff +9

When he hits 11th Level he qualifies for Armor Proficiency (Hide) and most, if not all, arcane multiclass feats.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Why doesn't the CB have this Character Sheet style as an option. It would rock for characters for one-offs...

I can dream....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases