(IR) Preparations for the IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

It seens that there is an error in the tech levels. Here is the confusing part:

A Strength Level of 12 indicates your country is now able to produce mid 18th century weapons.
A Strength Level of 15 indicates your country is now able to produce late 18th century weapons.
A Strength Level of 18 indicates your country is at 1900 Terran levels of weaponry

The 1700s were the 18th century, just as the 1800s were the 19th century, and the 1900s were the 20th century. If I am reading this right it looks like there is a jump from the technology of the 1700s (18th Century) and the 1900s(20th century)

Am I in error?

Also, was the calendar post I did on the other thread helpful to anyone?

Talk to you soon.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Re: Discuss

The Forsaken One said:
Seems to me me, kaly and his friend need some bad discussion about who is gonna play what.

Plz mail me at NukemUntilTHeyGLow@hotmail.com
Also my MSN account.
Best is if we 3 could get into a chat. I could DL ICQ if needed so plz net me know than we can get this over with and mayB ally so we can devide easier.

I have a IRC chat room you can use for your negotiations if you like:

Irc.webmaster.com
Port 6667
#Bugbearsfolly
or by java client at
http://bugbearslair.homestead.com/Basic.html

Feel free to useit, help yourself to the chips and beer, just don't make a mess or any long distance phone calls ;)

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hi all. Just dropping in to check on how things are going, before the restart.

Also, Edena - will I retain the Eastern League (sp?) and the Northern Lortmils that I collected in the first run of this IR?

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Fomorians NOT Formians

The Forsaken One said:
Euhh Edena, you've got something wrong, check the MM, Formians are Monstruous ants :) They Enthrall everything they come across as long as it suits them, the rest they eat or do something else with, no giants just VERY large Medium to Large size ants.

:)

And Kalanyr mail me.

I think He may have been refering to the Fomorian Giants from MM2 (pg 68 if you have it) and from the 2nd edition Monsterus Manual (pg 139)

Mr. Draco

First Post
A note about KAS

To EVERYBODY (concerning in-character knowladge)- The arrival of Kas on Oerth has been kept a secret (or as much of one as we can) from everybody except those that either I or Serpenteye have negotiated with through email and told that Kas is on Oerth with his legions (you know who you are).

Thanks!

William Ronald

Explorer
Formians and Fomorians -Very different

Hello, Turrosh Mak:

I hope things are going well in the Pomarj today.;-)

Formians are the monstrous ants on page 90 of the Monster Mannual in 3E.

There were Fomorian Giants in previous editions. They are a version of the Fomori, from Celtic Myth. Often they were portrayed as hideous giants. But some were more normal seeming and had magical powers. (Both kinds comprised the gods of the Fomori, such as Balor of the Evil Eye. (Yes, D&D stole the name of a god for a class of demons. I don't think the original Balor would mind, as long as he got the royalty check in the mail every week.)

Thanks for the offer of the use of your chat room. By the way, if there is anyone on the boards whom you are on good terms with, invite them to join us here.

If you have it or can get it, there is some information on Turrosh Mak in the 2nd Edition Slavers book which covers the Pomarj. If you don't have it, check with TalonComics.

SerpentEye: If Kas and his legions emerged at Tovag Bagru in the Baklunish territories, as occurred in the aborted thread, then at least Darkness would know about it. Of course, Edena would have to rule on it.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
William Ronald, well i'm not serpenteye, but it's ok. I see your point about where the legions of Kas emerged, but unless edena says so, i'm assuming in this IR they emerged directly into the territories of the Dark Union of Easter Oerth.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena

To: Edena,

Perhaps you could post the claims list & factions list in this thread? I think it would help any new people alot.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
William Ronald

Greetings,
Things are well in the Pomarj today thank you ;)

No problem with the chat. I added a java client to my site so people can get there easier:
http://bugbearslair.homestead.com/Basic.html

as for knowing anyone on the boards who might be interested...
Just darkness, though I have been touting it on my boards (I don't have the guts to advertise in nutkinland.)

On the Formian/ Fomorian item: I'm aware that they are diferent. I was just pointing out that how they could be confused as the names are very similar...

:D

Edit: My ICQ# is 145297366

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases