(IR) Preparations for the IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Maudlin, look up the list of posts.
I tweaked the map again.

Also, in addition to that tweaking ... see the tiny open space east of Acererak's holding?
The little space not occupied by hills?
That's Kalstrand, and the purple (Dark Union) has it.
They also have the east coast immediately north of the hills.
Not a big change ... just a little bit of extra purple on the map.

They do not have the hills themselves.

Neither do the barbarians in the northeast.
If it isn't too much work, change the mountains back to their normal color, from the grey you've given them for the barbarians.

Thanks much.
Edena

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I will be offline for the next 3 days.

I'm letting Williams moderate in my place until then.

Continue to choose powers, and contest them as you like.
Hopefully, more people will join.

The IR stretches from Indonesia to Finland IRL. Cheers to you all!

Black Omega

First Post
Hmm..interesting stuff. We'll certainly have to put a claim in for

The Elven Imperial Navy of Greyspace (spelljamming elves, neutral and good) PL 15

The forces of Good, outnumbered but determined.:)

Maudlin

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Also, in addition to that tweaking ... see the tiny open space east of Acererak's holding?
The little space not occupied by hills?
That's Kalstrand, and the purple (Dark Union) has it.

It is? I thought Kalstrand was just north of the Glorioles? In fact I'm sure, 'cause I ran an adventure there :) Kalstrand itself is just north of the Thelly river, and purple already.

Maudlin

First Post
I'd just like to voice a note of concern here, especially in view of the new forces Edena added...

I was just putting together the legend for the faction map, adding up all the power levels for the different factions, and these rather 'eclectic' mega-groupings are really not a good idea, imho.

To take the example of the Forsaken One (for no other reason than that he was the first), his faction just shot up by 85 PL, that puts him well past everyone in the game, even Vecna. Now there is a near-omnipotent alliance between Dark Faerie, spacefaring Illithid and underground Troglodytes. I don't get it.

I'd suggest either limiting the factions someone can take by rules of common sense, or decreasing the PL of the new factions, because there seems to have been some inflation with the newer additions :)

Edit: map with legend mentioned above can be found here.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Turrosh Mak said:
I agree with Maudlin. The Mega-powers seem to be a little excessive

I agree as well. And admit that I have done more than my fair share of accelerating the power-raze. The dark Union has grown quite far-flung and, if all our claims are counted, quite powerful. But the more powerful a faction grows the more enemies it gets, just look at what happened to Vecna in the last IR. He was reduced from the greatest power on Oerth to a helpless refugee in the Great Empire of Aerdi and the "guest" of the Emperor.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(sighs)

I came back briefly, and read this.
How true, how true you are.

How about if ... I rule that nobody can start with over 100 points of Strength Total (excluding only Vecna and his Legions, who were meant to be stronger than everyone else.)
Would that do?

The new Powers were meant for new people coming in, and for people like Black Omega, who has been badly underpowered.

That means several of you will have to give up claims.

RULING

100 points of Strength Total is the most you can claim at the start.

- - -

My mistake. It's not Kalstrand. It's Dullstrand, and the Dark Union has it (for the moment ... they are over 100 points.)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases