(IR) Preparations for the IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Yes, if you traded technology and magic for slaves, the other power would gain the benefits of your giving.
You'd get the slaves ... for whatever nefarious purpose you would use them for.

Kas and Shade helping each other?
They can both employ 10th level magic, so neither can help the other there.
Kas could help the Shadow Empire when he is able to use 11th level magic. He could give the secrets to them, enabling them to use 11th level magic one Turn earlier than they otherwise could employ it.

But let`s say that I use their souls as reward for my planar allies and bodies as undead source, will it affect my undead and planar race, or are there ALWAYS 3 points?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Hmmm ... Planars and beings of Shadow never work for free, you know.
Those souls are the price to be paid.

If Power X comes to me and says, I join the Planar Arms Race, that isn't sufficient.

The Planars want REASONS for joining ... and they never work without a reason and/or pay.

If I am given a good reason, then Power X gets into the Planar Arms Race.
If not, oh dear ... the Planars go home.

The undead are even more unreasonable, considering that it usually takes the sacrifice of large numbers of living people to raise them up, and then they may demand further payment ...

In your case, Melkor, you've made the necessary payment, are making the necessary payment, to keep your part of the Planar Arms Race going. (Your Planars, of course, are evil.)

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Hmmm ... Planars and beings of Shadow never work for free, you know.
Those souls are the price to be paid.

If Power X comes to me and says, I join the Planar Arms Race, that isn't sufficient.

The Planars want REASONS for joining ... and they never work without a reason and/or pay.

If I am given a good reason, then Power X gets into the Planar Arms Race.
If not, oh dear ... the Planars go home.

The undead are even more unreasonable, considering that it usually takes the sacrifice of large numbers of living people to raise them up, and then they may demand further payment ...

In your case, Melkor, you've made the necessary payment, are making the necessary payment, to keep your part of the Planar Arms Race going. (Your Planars, of course, are evil.)

But surely there must be magical ways to enspell and enslave summoned, gated and undead "allies"?

I really like the new rules. They should work just fine. There is one thing I want to ask though; when you write 18th century do you mean the 1700-1799 or 1800-1899? It seems that you mean the 1800s but what you've written is actually the name for the 1700s. I don't want to nit-pick and I might well be totally wrong. No offence intended. :)

Last edited:

Discuss

Seems to me me, kaly and his friend need some bad discussion about who is gonna play what.

Plz mail me at NukemUntilTHeyGLow@hotmail.com
Also my MSN account.
Best is if we 3 could get into a chat. I could DL ICQ if needed so plz net me know than we can get this over with and mayB ally so we can devide easier.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Yes, I am Riot Gear

So yeah, I'm him. I am the Solistarim and Anabstercorian.

A few things:

I have no points in the Magical Arms Race because I have no ability to cast 10th+ level spells, despite the fact that I have an army of level 9th+ wizards. That makes sense, and it defines the Magical Arms Race nicely - I take it my massive army of wizards is factored in to my base power level?

Also, my 'planars' - My salamanders, efreet, fire elementals - Those are also factored in to my base power level, right?

My technological know-how is nixed, due to the fact that all of my neato guns from Toril don't work here, right?

In that case, I have to ask this: Edena, until Anabstercorian can lay his hands on weaponry of AT LEAST American Civil War level technology, his Power Level is 2. It will then go up to three. Once he can dual-wield SMG's again, his power level will go back up to 4 - Possibly even higher as he gets better, more powerful Technomagic weapons and armor.

I'm assuming my character has been nixed in power a bit, as I made him a bit excessive in the last IR - Tell me if this is reasonable.

Illithid Fighter20/Gundancer10/Psion(Nomad)10/Cleric(Ilsensine)5/Loremaster5, with all of his level boosts to abilities split between Intelligence, Charisma, and Dexterity. His feats are based around advanced gunplay and laying down the psychic smackdown of Ilsensine (I.E., Improved Mind Blast, Mind Blast Mastery, Psychic Smackdown of a Mind Blast, Mind Blast of Oblivion, Show-No-Mercy Mindblast, and Psychic Smackdown Mind Blast of Screaming Agony And Bloody Hemhorraging.)

(Edit: I added 15 levels to fighter and 5 levels to Nomad after Lord Melkos's anecdote. I just want to know - If I'M that level and power level 4, what level is Vecna? What level is Acererak? How many character levels equal a Power Level?)

I'll also assume I, for the moment, at least, run the Solistarim and have the ultimate authority in it, and can, at pretty much any time, burn down any city in Oerth.

All of this accurate, Edena?

Last edited:

Edena you know about the fact that there are already undead( two Shadowlords are liches and command many of their kind) and evil outsiders( both native to The Plane of Shadow and renegade fiends from lower planes, these are commanded by Shadowlord Baelros, renegade Demon Lord{35th hit dice} High Captain of The Host of Shadow) in Shadow Empire and I consider them a part of our 77 power level, okay?

Last edited:

Anabstercorian in my opinion you should have made yourself 40th level, currently you are barely stronger than one of Shadowlords, Kalanyr`s character was 32th level with half-fiend and anarchic templates, Edena gave him a power level of 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases