(IR) Preparations for the IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyx

First Post
Aha, that clears things up, Edena!

Any powers interested in looking up elven friends, and perhaps a fair sized kingdom (Read: Very Large) as the IR approaches? We could have some friendly negotiations.

Threats are welcome as well, of course. Just message me.

Kesh

First Post
Whee!

I'm finally back! Glad to see things got bumped back. I'm almost afraid to go see what happened to poor Yeomanry while I was gone. ;)

This should be fun... I'm gonna have to form alliances soon though. :)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I have changed 18th century to 19th century.
My mistake.

I very much appreciated your work on the Calendars, William.
That is why I have them all listed at the top in the main Template (heh, every Turn, everyone shall have to look at all of those Calendars!)

Gnomeworks, I have read your post.
You keep the Eastern League.
I will alter the list at once to show this.

RULING

Sorry, Mr Draco, but that is not possible.
Kas arrived in the present with millions of followers.
Furthermore, there were numerous prophesies, and divinational warnings that something was coming through Tovag Baragu.
Indeed, the nation of Garnak has evacuated it's people from the area of Tovag Baragu, in preparation for the foretold trouble.

It is not possible for Kas to arrive in secret, nor is it possible for him to travel to wherever it is he goes secretly.

There are too many spies for even Kas to secrete an army of millions.
And Kas, with his Arcane Age magic, shows up to magical scrying like a sun, even if he personally cannot be seen due to magical defenses, and his personal exact location cannot be determined.

So no, Kas cannot arrive in secret, and travel in secret.
If you had 11th level magic, he could.
After Kas obtains 11th level magic, he will be able to travel with his entire army of many millions in secret (NOTE: this applies to anyone obtaining 11th level magic) but not until then.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I have set up the Main List, the Claims List, and the Arms Race List in this thread, and I am keeping them as updated as I can.
They are all part of one great post.

The rules post is the first post on this thread.
There is a short post or two following that.
Then the great post with all the Lists is the post after that.

Refer to page 1 of this thread. It is all there.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Kesh, I have made a mistake.
It is Geoff that is currently occupied by the giants, not Sterich.

I will give you Sterich in Geoff's place, with the same Power Level.

I will note the change on the Lists.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
There is a new off-map power, a major power, to the east of the Flanaess.
It is the Sky League of the Isle of the Phoenix.
It has a Power Level of 22.

It is unclaimed, and up for grabs.

The Isle of the Phoenix was colonized long ago by Oeridian adventurers who sailed far out into the Solnor Ocean east of the continent.
Over the many centuries since, they have evolved into flight.

The problem of their isolation was the impetus for this.
Flight magic was extensively studied, and increasingly perfected.
Eventually, they created small ships that could fly.
Then, they created very large ships that could fly.
Finally, they created Flying Citadels.

However, this approach to flying proved to be too costly and cumbersome in the end.
Although they maintained (and still maintain) fleets of flying ships and a few Flying Citadels, they altered their research into another field.

Into turning themselves into a winged people.
And they succeeded.
It took over a hundred years to learn the secrets of how to do it, but they finally achieved their goal.

All the people of the Isle of the Phoenix are winged.
The elves who came with the Oeridians, became like the avariel.
The descendants of the few dwarves, gnomes, and halflings that went on that fateful mission of colonization became winged beings.

As they honed and perfected their lore, they imbued themselves with very great strength of flight, until they could soar like eagles, dive like hawks, and move along at great speeds for long periods of time.
Their bodies became more accustomed to the discomforts of pressure changes, and they became a much more hardy people in general.

Now, they venture even to the coast of the Flanaess, to visit or for trade, with their great flying ships and Flying Citadels.
These are invariably guarded by a small army of flying humans and demihumans who, when they finally tire, rest on the ship or Citadel.

To date, nobody has obtained from them the secret of how they have done this.

RULING:

The Sky League of the Isle of the Phoenix cannot give away the secret of turning a people into a winged people.
If a Power obtains the ability to cast 11th level magic, it can - over several turns - change all of it's people to winged people (it would take about 4 turns even for them.)

The Sky League can give away the secrets of flying ships and Flying Citadels.

Any Power that receives this secret can now transport it's entire army to anywhere else in the world (as if they had mastered 10th level magic) on the Turn AFTER they receive the secret, and from then on.
Any Power that receives the secret secondhand can also transport all of it's army on the Turn following the Turn in which they received the secret secondhand.

Anyone conquering the Sky League of the Isle of the Phoenix immediately gains their secrets of flying ships and Flying Citadels, but not the secrets of changing a people into a winged people.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
So we all know about Kas. I think I missed it, what's the status on Vecna?

Aside from that the rules for the IR looks pretty cool. It works around far more the whole "I sleep and miss the war." trouble.

So...if anyone is interested in a good alliance with the Seelie, Highfolk, Vesve, Sepia and Perrenland, just get in touch. Hmm..Alyx, up for a friendly association?

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

Did you list the alignment for the Isle of the Phoenix? (I'm glad you picked up the adventure.) I didn't recall them being winged but, maybe that changed after the initial adventure. (Mentzner had four of them in total. Hmm, have to look at that zip file.)

Also, on the other board you said you were a bit fatigued. How can we, the people already committed to this thread, help you out? You are doing a lot of work. I would like to say it is greatly appreciated. We can pitch in to help. Take a break if you have to, Edena. We can help you carry the load.

I will tentatively put in a bid for this new power, assuming that I can take it. However, if I see another person expressing an interest in it, I am willing to talk. (True, this culture is a little far from my base of operations but I might be able to make contact.)

Also, feel free to throw in a few more legendary powers like the Wind Dukes of Aaqa, Slerotin, the Wizard Priest of the Isle of Woe, Johydee, or even the quasi-deities. It might cause a few people to look at the thread. (I have this humorous vision that when Vecna steps throw into the present, the Isles of Woe rise in the Nyr Dyv and someone sees them and says -- "Yeah, this is one of the signs of the apocalypse. Now, how much for that one way trip out of town." :) )

I will try to bring this thread to the attention of a few people I know from the boards.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Vecna and his legions have not arrived in the Present yet, nor will they do so until after the Wanderer's Sending.

I would suggest you do something about Vecna immediately, once he emerges.
Otherwise, he becomes the one Greater God of Oerth, all the other Gods drop one factor, demipowers like Iuz become mortal, and everyone is going to lose some of their Power Level.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
William, the winged part was my own creation, inspired by something from my distant past of gaming in Greyhawk.

I will place on the Lists that you have staked a claim to the Sky League.
Just remember that others might too ... and in this case, I do believe others will.

I am still debating the Wind Dukes and Slerotin, but you've sold me on the Isles of Woe.

These are a new power, that is claimable like any other.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Isles of Woe.
William, could you give a summary, here on this board, of what the Isles of Woe are like, their alignment, their people, etc.?

The Sky League is all alignments, by the way. They are quite an aggressive people, but highly civilized (in relative terms.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases