(IR) Preparations for the IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
Maudlin, Edena, about the map

The Prelacy of Almor was a part of the Great Kingdom but when the Kingdom fell it became a devil infested no man's land. Nyrond might have claimed the western parts, i don't remember. But I think the areas east of the harp river were still under Aerdi,and later Ahlissa,rule.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
For the sake of simplicity (we need a little of that ...) I am going to assume these are powerful and large countries (they must be, if people have heard of them all the way over here in the Flanaess!)

So ...

The Empire of Lyrn (humans of unknown kind, demihumans of unknown kinds, humanoids of unknown kinds, many kinds of monsters from the MM, all alignments) PL 25
The Empire of Erypt (strange humans, genies, many kinds of monsters from the MM, all alignments) PL 35
The Empire of Ishtarland (humans, demihumans, humanoids, genies, all alignments) PL 40

The Empire of the Yuan-Ti (Yuan-Ti, Hempmonalander humans, slaves of all types, evil) PL 30

The Storm-Riders of Hyperborea (humans, small sentient tornadoes, spirits of the earth and sky, demihumans of unknown kinds, humanoids of unknown kinds) PL 35

The Elven Imperial Navy of Greyspace (spelljamming elves, neutral and good) PL 15
The Dwarven Citadels of Greyspace (dwarves, spelljamming mountains, neutral and good) PL 25
The Gnomish Sidewheelers of Greyspace (gnomes, neutral and good) PL 10

The Scro Armada of Greyspace (spelljamming scro, evil) PL 30

The Illithid of Greyspace (spelljamming illithid, slaves of every type, evil) PL 25
The Neogi of Greyspace (spelljamming neogi, their umber hulk servants, slaves of every type, evil) PL 30
The Gith of Greyspace (spelljamming mercenary gith, neutral) PL 20

How's that?
Some new powers for people to claim.
Hyperborea is the great polar continent north and northwest of the Flanaess.
Lyrn, Erypt, Ishtarland, are all far away on the western side of Oerik, Oerth's greatest continent (of which the Flanaess is the easternmost part.)
The Yuan-Ti Empire is deep within Hempmonaland, although they have an infamous seaport on the coast south of the map.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Clarification

Edena:

I noticed on the first page, you still have me contesting the Sky League. I formally surrender any claim to Kaboom. The Forsaken One seems to be unavailable, so he may still have a claim to it. I am still interested in Verbobonc and Dyvers, but I am willing to talk to whoever is claiming it. E-mail me at williamwronald@yahoo.com

Thanks for the clarification on Archcleric Hazen.

Can I still send my ambassadors to and fro, like I did in the aborted thread? Somewhat fond of Gwilym Raonul, and I can have William Ronald serve as a spokesperson for the Kevellond League.

Also, my offer of help on places and names stands. We should try to make it easier on you.

I don't have the old Greyhawk map, but how about this if it works for you:

Hmm, Ishtarland (sorry, hate the name) is likely to have humans who look like the Bakluni if you assume a Sumerian-Babylonian culture.

Erypr (Qem, or I can come up with something else if you want to change the name), could be like Ancient Egypt.

Lyrn could represent the African cultures and be distantly connected to the Touv.

Everyone: I am going to make an appeal that sounds a little strange. I think we should hold off on claiming these new powers Edena just posted to give new people who may still come here a chance to make a difference in the thread.

Maudlin, thanks again for the map.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
William, I accept your offer.

What are the names of all the Upper Planes, and the names of their native Planar Races?

What are the names of ALL the Outer Planes and their native Planar Races?

And if you can help me in other ways, I accept! This is getting really wild, and if I had not created my template, I would have gone under about 3 days ago.

And YES, your ambassador can go to and fro! Please do.
With everyone waiting to destroy each other on Day One, we could use a little diplomacy in this situation!

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Kalstrand

In the last IR I actually assumed that Kalstrand was a part of greater Ahlissa, therefore I thought i had already claimed it. I hereby claim all the independent citystates hidden in Dark Union territories, with the exeption of Rauxes which I do not claim, including Kalstrand.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Kalstrand was the only city-state left.
Your claim (and thus Mr. Draco's also) is now on the list.

I am starting a new thread.
I am afraid for this one.

On the new thread, the first post will be the Lists Post.
On the new thread, the second post will be the Rules Post.

I ask Maudlin to post the URL of his map to the new thread.

Request to the Moderators - keep this thread open until it reaches 200 posts.

Maudlin

First Post
Oh, I had thought to claim Sunndi through my little coup in colouring the map, but that you wouldn't allow it...

Since Sunndi is rather backward, Acererak would have brought it under his sway as soon as he arrived, so with permission I'd like to claim it in his name.

I don't think the real estate is very desirable anyway :)

Doing the map adjustments now, and of course if it can be put on a dedicated website that would be great... although I had meant to maintain it as allegiances shifted. Unless my ISP isn't treating you right, maybe an image link to where it is?

Who would have thought we'd run out of countries before we ran out of players? Heh. I suggest everyone burns a candle for Edena once it starts, I fully expect his skull to collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads