(IR) Preparations for the IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Unseelie of the Flanaess and the Planar Unseelie are two different groups.
There is NOT a contention here. One person has claimed one, the other person the other.

Rauxes is right in the middle of the Dark Union of Eastern Oerth.
Check an official map of the Flanaess. Rauxes is there. It's a major city (or was.)

RULING

Each PERSON playing can only claim 3 Planar Groups for his or her Planar Arms race.
Thus, Iuz could claim the Demons, the Daemons, and the Slaadi.
The Kevellond League could claim the Eladrin, the Celestials, and the Elementals.
Forsaken One could claim the Planar Formians, the Modron, and the Devils.
Valkys could claim the Planar Unseelie, the Elementals, and the Shade.
The Shadow Empire could claim the Shade, the Demons, and the Slaadi.

If two people are sharing a power (ala the Dark Union), then each person gets full credit for his part of the Arms Race.
That is why I have listed Serpenteye and Mr. Draco separately, to show their separate strengths.
The Dark Union would, technically, increase in the Planar Arms race at twice the normal rate, but Serpenteye and Mr. Draco. may decide to break off their alliance.

For the sake of my sanity, and to prevent the tactic above from going wacky, I must prohibit 3 people from sharing any one power.
Thus, the triple claim to Bone March is annulled.
Sorry folks, but one of you is going to have to give up your claim to that country (I believe Mr. Draco, Serpenteye, and Kalanyr are all sharing Bone March currently.)

Otherwise, the Dark Union could claim the benefits of THREE Planar Arms Races in one turn, one each from Kalanyr, Serpenteye, and Mr. Draco (and remember, each person can claim up to three races for his or her personal Planar Arms race.)

I have no problem with an alliance between Kalanyr and Serpenteye/Mr. Draco. Such an alliance could exist within Bone March, even.
But as for the actual claim, only two people can share the place.

- - -

Now, even with those restrictions in place, consider what you can do.

Let's say you claim Kalstrand, and only Kalstrand, at the start of the game.
You start with a Power Level of 2.

2. 2, and only 2!

Now, you declare that you are joining the Planar Arms Race, and summoning elementals, eladrin, and celestials.
You manage to succeed in convincing me you could do that (you give me reason to believe the Planars would actually help you ... you provide a logical explanation for why they would help you.)

You announce you are joining the Undead Arms Race - good undead only!
You announce you are joining the Magical Arms Race.

You announce you are joining the Technological Arms Race.
You are clever, and succeed in getting both the Lortmil Technomancy to help you, and the Shadow Empire to help you, and you get help secondhand from another country.

So, for Turn One, you have a strength of 2.

You survive Turn One. Yay!!

At the beginning of Turn Two, you gain:

9 points for the Planar Arms Race (3 for the Eladrin, 3 for the Celestials, and 3 for the Elementals.)
3 points for the Undead Arms Race.
3 points for the Magical Arms Race.
12 points for the Industrial Arms Race (3 for the help from the Lortmil Technomancy, 3 for the help from the Shadow Empire, 3 from the secondhand help from another nation, and 3 from your own efforts.)

Congratulations ... you start Turn 2 with a strength of 2 + 9 + 3 + 3 + 12 = 29

29 points! That is the equivalent of the starting power of the entire Kevellond League or Empire of Iuz!

They don't call it an Arms Race for nothing ... and that's with all the restrictions I've put into effect.

Now, of course, you will not survive to Turn 2, because Acererak is right next to you, and so is the Dark Union, and they will devour you on Turn 1!

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Will do. I will add it as another rule.

Maudlin, I need to tweak the map a little more on you.

You see the river separating Furyondy from the Horned Society?

The Kevellond League (in orange) owns everything west of that river, up to the southern shores of the Whyestil Sea.
The Whyestil itself is not held by Iuz ... put it back in normal water colors.

The blue region represented by Black Omega - Highfolk, the People of the Vesve, does not extend quite so far south.
Pull it back up to just beyond the borders of the Vesve Forest itself, and give the lost land to the Kevellond League.
But DO NOT GIVE to the Kevellond League the land west of that river that neatly divides the blue region south of the Vesve ... all the land to the west of that river belongs to Highfolk, and thus to Black Omega!

Do you see the little hill range north of Ekbir and Tusmit in the west?
That little hill range between the Yatil mountains and the ocean on the northwest part of the map?
It's the current northern border of your coloring for the Baklunish Confederation.
Well, the Baklunish Confederation owns those hills, so color them in with their colors!

In the east:

See the small hill area north of the Adri Forest?
The one separating the Theocracy of the Pale from the Bone March?
That is the Demihumans of the Stonelands Power, and it is a part of the Eastern League.
Color it with their green color!

Then, in the mountains just north of those hills, put a green circle.
That is the mountain nation of Garrel Enkdal.

Finally, see the small area north of the Iron Hills and west of Ahlissa?
That area is held by Ahlissa ... everything north, northwest, and west of the Iron Hills.
But not Onnwall itself.
Just that area hemmed in by the Iron Hills.

Last edited:

By the way Shadowlords are, counting templates, equivalent to an average 37th level character, so each has power level around 1,24, and there are 7 of them, I consider it a part of base strenght, okay Edena?

Edena, the year when current IR starts, Shadowlord Rhamagaum( one of the two liches in Shadow Council) is Shadow Regent for 8th time, so you can add: 8th Regency of Rhamagaum to the list of dates in main post.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I believe the ENBoards can handle 200 posts.

The lost thread was 290 posts.

I've seen threads of 300 posts on this new board.

Will do, Melkor.

Good-bye, people. I'm going offline for now. See you all soon! :D

And Maudlin, that is ONE GREAT MAP! THANK YOU for putting that up!

Edena_of_Neith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases