Arcana Evolved: The Tale of the Crystal Princess

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Why, this is my home," says the toad-like creature, "and you are my guests." It leans forwards awkwardly. It is sat not on a chair, but on a sort of raised stool so that its feet are level with the top of the table. "You did come through my front door, after all. Come, sit and join me." Again its long tongue lolls out of its mouth, dripping slime.

At second glance, the "food" on the table is nothing of the sort. Rotting meat crawling with maggots, worms and beetles writhing in a slimy broth, bones that look suspiciously human. And the crockery and cutlery are mildewed, chipped, tarnished.

[sblock=Tomblin]
This creature definitely doesn't seem pleasant. It seems almost poised to strike.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Suddenly Seelia, accompanied by her ball of light, zooms up over the table and lands atop it with her feet apart and her fists at her hips in a challenging pose.

"Gobbling toad!" she pipes with outrage, "Your armless ball-men can't help you now! We demand you cease any and all disease-causing activities, and depart farther into the burrow or wild place of your choice, haunting the world of men no longer!"

Her voice drops to a more conversational tone. "Otherwise it will go very hard on you."

Dr Simon

Explorer
The toad-creature throws up its arms over its face and cowers back on its stool.

"Oh no!" it says in a high-pitched squeak, "Please don't hurt me!"

One golden-green eye peers over its arms, then its wide mouth breaks into a grin, which turns into a hearty belly laugh.

"Did you think you could intimidate me, little fly? I am the Toad That Squats Beneath The Stone, I am the gall rising in your throat, the ache that gnaws at your bones." It slams a clawed, webbed hand onto the table. "And I do NOT take orders from pip-squeak flies!"

The spherical servitors drop their trays and start growling like guard dogs.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Targas

"Let's stop the charade. If you are responsible for the plague in the above world, tell us how we can end it.

And I prefer sea food..."
Targas says, shield and weapon ready.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Targas
AC 22 (T12, FF15), HP ?/?, F +6,R+3,W+2

MW Trident: +8, 1d8+3

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Well I'm Captain Seelia!" the spryte declares to the Toad, and indicates the others with her with a sweep of her tiny arm. "And I...and these good people, also captains...have come to end the plague that plagues the soldiers camping in these woods!"

"So do your rising and gnawing elsewhere..." Her hand drops to the butt of the pistol at her hip. "...or not at all."

GladiusNP

First Post
Tomblin Thrum

"Seelia speaks truth. Toad that squats? Toad that squeals and pules, squawks and pleads, beneath my fist, foot, blow or boot. You have brought the wrath of a giant to your hall - know fear and then oblivion."

Tomblin curls his massive hands into fists, ready for action.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases