Arcana Evolved: The Tale of the Crystal Princess

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Minor clarification: Seelia's actually sneaking around on top of the table, passing food down. But it's a very minor point. :))

"The sea?" Seelia replied, bemused. "Really? I thought you hated water." She shrugged and craftily snared a bit of ham from behind a small pile of cups near the punch. "I saw him though. Seems like an exotic crowd at this thing. I wonder who the bride and groom are."

Then the spryte realized the ham she'd tossed down wasn't falling properly. It was, in fact, rising.

"Hey!" Without a second thought, Seelia leapt from the table's edge, angling to land directly on top of the ham and bear it inexorably to the ground with her miniscule weight.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
The cat's ears twitched at Seelie's exclamation. He tilted his head and looked up from the ground to see that the spryte was standing atop his morsel of ham, and both were floating above him in a quizzical pattern. "Oh ho!" he said aloud, "The spirits are trying to deny Zephyr his meal... or someone is toying with him. We shall see."

Zephyr casually rose to his four pawed feet and gracefully hopped up from the ground to a bench, then to the top of the table. Zephyr then dropped on his haunches, sitting at eye level with the struggling spryte. Tilting his head, he asked in a playful tone, "Having trouble, little one?"

[sblock=OOC]Despite being cute and cuddly, I see my character having the voice of Tigatron from Beast Wars (Transformers). The voice actor's name is Blu Mankuma. It's a low, gravelly voice that hints at wisdom beyond his years.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
As the drama unfolds over the slice of floating ham, meanwhile the alewife takes the strange fish-man to meet the bride and groom.

"Gilda, Fernando, this is ... Targas. I believe he knows you, Gilda, he was most eager to talk with you."

"Pleased to meet you, Sir," says Fernando eagerly. "You certainly have some exotic friends, my love," he adds to Gilda.

Gilda gives Targas a sidelong look with a quirky smile.

"Sorry, My Lord Targas, I don't recollect you. Were you at Candlespire as well? Perhaps the Professor can help us?" She indicates an aged sibeccai over at the buffet table.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Seelia wrestles bravely with the slowly descending slab of meat. "Cursed pork product! Meal of evil! Who would bring possessed ham to a wedding?!"

She looks up and realizes that Zephyr has moved, and that she's now pulling the ham ever farther away from him. She grabs its edge and flies up, dragging the ham along with her, until it's level with Zephyr's head.

"Eat it if you dare," Seelia proclaims, "Though I'd sooner put a bullet through its black, black heart as lay lip or tongue on it!"

grufflehead

First Post
'Oh!' said Professor Gruffle in surprise when the large cat which had been lurking below the table, hopped nimbly up onto the top. His eyes narrowed, and he said 'two against one, eh? Time for reinforcements...'. With a gesture, a small mounted knight appeared on the table beside him. Pointing at the plate of meat, the Professor announced 'brave sir knight, I charge you with protecting that food from any and all attempts to remove it by force or subterfuge. Keep a particular eye out for...', he peered at the cat over the rim of his spectacles, and barely able to suppress a laugh said '...ham-burglars'.

The knight heeled his horse round and trotted across the table to the platter, where he waited with his lance raised.

Walking Dad

First Post
"I'm here to honor the pact between our people. I will attend this festivity as a sign of our good will. ...
This professor will be helpful to understand your customs?"

Targas moves toward the sibeccai, his leg movement still a bit unaccustomed to the surface world. "Are you the one called 'Professor?"

[sblock=OOC]Statblock will be here soon.
[/sblock]

grufflehead

First Post
The Professor looks slightly confused as he hears the strangely-accented voice behind him. He turns, and as he does so the knight guardian of the ham winks out of existence.

Peering over the top of his spectacles at the figure who is addressing him, the aged sibbecai struggles for the correct form of address. Instead he simply says 'I am indeed Professor Gruffle. Good day to you sir. You must be a fellow visitor to these parts? Come, sit and join us for a while and enjoy the festivities'.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]ZOMG, gruffle, I just got the voice of Deckard Cain from Diablo from your delivery there... "Hello, my friend. Schtay a while, and lishten!"[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"So, professor. I attend this festivity on behalf of my people. To represent my king properly I want you to explain me the etiquette!"
Targas says, a bit ruff. His eyes looking like the unblinking black ones of a shark.

[sblock=OOC]

How we did HP?

---

Targas
AC 22 (T12, FF15), HP ?/?, F +6,R+3,W+2

MW Trident: +8, 1d8+3

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases