Arcana Evolved: The Tale of the Crystal Princess

grufflehead

First Post
'Etiquette, you say?' replies the Professor. 'Well, I've lived around humans for a long time, and I have to say they never cease to amaze me. Still, I think I can give you some of the finer points. Let us watch for a while and I'll try and explain anything that you find strange. In the meantime, you must be hungry after your journey - why don't you try some of that delicious ham?' he says, pointing in the direction of the platter from which another slice appears to be moving entirely of its own accord.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Thanks, but is there anything raw? I got a strange feeling in my stomach after eating cooked food."
Targas answers, glad to found some non-humans, who maybe share some of his distance to humanity.

[sblock=OOC]

Please roll for me. Shark TW's uses d10s.

---

Targas
AC 22 (T12, FF15), HP ?/?, F +6,R+3,W+2

MW Trident: +8, 1d8+3

[/sblock]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Zephyr snickered, then whispered to Seelie, "I expected our appearance to cause more of an uproar."

Still sitting atop the banquet table, Zephyr called to the Professor, "Do you suppose the fish-man might find a talking cat to be something strange?"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Seelia sat atop a slice of ham, and was carving hunks off of it and eating them in handfuls. She glanced up at Zephyr quizzically, then over at the sibeccai that he was addressing.

"What's strange about that?" she wanted to know. "At a wedding full of flying devil-ham, what's strange?"

(Changing color so as not to be confused with Walking Dad)

Walking Dad

First Post
(Changing color so as not to be confused with Walking Dad)

ooc: Thanks!

Targas

"Name is Targas, and I'm not a 'fish-man'. I' the representative of the Skragos kingdom!"
Targas answers. Maybe talking cats are an oddity above the surface. How he should know?

[sblock=OOC]

@ Dr Si: Please roll for me. Shark TW's uses d10s.

---

Targas

[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The sounds of hooves and jingling harnesses herald the approach of riders. Coming into Waybeloved via the forest road is a troop of soldiers dressed in the livery of the local ruler, Count van der Rosen.

At the head of the column is a mounted officer in a resplendent breastplate, riding cape with gold frogging and a plumed helmet. Six more cavalrymen follow on behind him, and behind them the infantry. Six men shouldering dragon rifles, another six carrying spears aloft. Bringing up the rear of the column, a covered wagon drawn by two carthorses. All look well-drilled and tidily arrayed, if slightly travel worn.

The music and dancing falters as the reaches the edge of the village green, and the officer's horse takes a few steps forwards.

"By order of the Count," he announces. "All able-bodied men are hereby conscripted into the standing army of the County of Rosen."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Seelia flutters over to nudge Zephyr with a self-satisfied smirk.

"Good thing there's none of those here, eh? Just us girls and cats. No use conscripting tiny, weak things like us, is there?" She chuckles. "Poor sods."

Walking Dad

First Post
Targas

Targas isn't reacting at the slightest. He was not of 'men' but of Skragos. Besides, his species has three genders and he was already on a mission.

[sblock=OOC]

@ Dr Si: Please roll for me. Shark TW's uses d10s.

---

Targas

[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gilda moves protectively in front of Fernando.

"But Captain Sir," she says, "It's my wedding. Please, don't take my Fernando."

The captain snorts, and gestures to one of his footsoldiers to take the reins of his horse whilst he dismounts.

"Well, " he says. "Then I suggest you enjoy tonight as we ride out tomorrow." He turns to address all present. "Lord Ironheart's men are but a few days from the border of Rosen County. If they are not stopped there will not be any more weddings or parties. The Count needs everyone able to hold a pikestaff. You there!" He turns to the alewife. "Bring me some wine. A decent vintage, not some peasant slop. It seems a shame to waste a good party."

He looks around, then swaggers over to Targas.

"You, sir. Where are you from? You have the look of a soldier about you. Can we count on you to defend the free world?"

[sblock=OOC]
WD, sorry, thought I'd already rolled for that. 4d10=26, plus 10 for 1st level and your Con bonus.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Targas

"What is the danger for my people in these?" Targas asks plainly instead of giving an answer.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Targas

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases