Arcana Evolved: The Tale of the Crystal Princess

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Zephyr nods slowly. "It is true that we would do no good on the battlefield of man, but news of this war concerns me. There is always great damage to the land after a contest of force, and many innocents do not survive. It is a sad day for this place."

Zephyr hopped off the table to the ground, then trotted over to the captain. "Excuse me, sir," he began, "Who is this Lord Ironheart?"

grufflehead

First Post
Using his staff to rise from the bench, the Professor shuffles over to the captain of the soldiers. 'Is there an attack imminent from Lord Ironheart's forces? War damages the Green and nourishes the Dark. Have efforts been made to negotiate with him?'.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Captain raises his eyebrows as Zephyr approaches, but shows no other signs of surprise.

"A talking cat," he says. "I've seen stranger things." He addresses his answers to Targas, barely registering the presence of Zephyr and the Professor, as if the Skragos had asked all the questions.

"Lord Ironheart is an unscrupulous conquerer, a warlord-general marching across Peladar carving out his own territory piece by piece. He answers no peace overtures and although his conquered lands are stable, that stability is bought at the price of freedom - men, women, children, the old, all are pressed into work to drive his great war machine." Here he finally turns to the Professor. "Even you, Old Dog, would work under the lash if Ironheart were to conquer Rosen." Turning back to Targas, he adds, quietly, "I don't know your people, but no-one is safe from Ironheart's ambitions."

Walking Dad

First Post
Targas

"So be it. I should attend the marriage. If the groom goes, then I will go." Targas says, looking on poor Fernando.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Targas
AC 22 (T12, FF15), HP ?/?, F +6,R+3,W+2

MW Trident: +8, 1d8+3

[/sblock]

grufflehead

First Post
The professor's eyes narrow and his whiskers twitch at the Captain's disdainful tone of address. He momentarily considers turning the man's boots into cabbages as a lesson in manners, then with an exclamation that is half sigh and half bark, he turns and shuffles over to to Gilda and Fernando. His stand protectively in front of them and says 'and what will Count Rosen do to anyone who refuses the call to arms?'

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Then that man would be considered a coward and a traitor," replies the captain. He looks past Gruffle for a moment and meets the eyes of Fernando. Just then the alewife brings him the wine he requested. He takes one sip, spits it out and throws the cup to the floor. "Disgusting," he mutters. Turning around he calls across the green "Innkeeper, my men will be billetted here tonight. Make arrangements." Without any word of leavetaking he stalks away from Gruffle, Targas and the others back to his men where he begins barking out orders.

"Please Professor," says Gilda. "Don't let them take my Ferd."

Shayuri

First Post
Seelia scratches the side of her nose and flits over to stand next to Zephyr.

"I haven't heard much of this 'Ironheart' fellow. Doesn't sound like the sort of person I'd be glad to hear of though. I wonder if we might find some work here after all..."

She throws the cat a grin, then flies over towards the stricken bride and groom, offering them a sweeping, swirling bow in midair before introducing herself.

"G'day to you both, and blessings upon your union! I couldn't help but notice the little...exchange between you and that military man over there. Bad news, but there may be a way you can satisfy yon officer's desire for folk to pad out his troops, while still having Fernando free to stay home and make a fine living to support his new family!"

She waits until one or the other are just opening their mouths to ask how, and quickly cuts in with, "You can hire me to go in your place! After all, your duty to the levy is one man, right? Well, I come as a pair...me and Zephyr, that's the cat over there...so don't let my size fool you! A nominal fee in gold right now can buy you peace of mind at this delicate point in your family. Now, normally Zeph and me don't get involved in political fights, but given the circumstances, we're willing to make an exception for the sake of honoring your new family way!"

"So what do you say?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Targas

Targas nods at Seelia's words. "I could also bing my willingness to go an the acceptance of this deal. When I had to attend, it will be better when the couple stays save."

[sblock=OOC]

---

Targas
AC 22 (T12, FF15), HP ?/?, F +6,R+3,W+2

MW Trident: +8, 1d8+3

[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gilda looks surprised.

"But... no offence, but you're really small, and he's a cat. Why would the captain want to recruit you? Him, on the other hand, I could understand." This last with a jerk of her head towards Targas.

"Wait, wait," says Fernando. "I'm not a coward, you know. I'm not afraid to fight, nobody should have to take my place." He glances back over his shoulder at the captain and glares.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Zephyr pads over to Fernando.

"Your courage is not in question, human. You do not wish to leave the side of your betrothed, and we do not wish this war to come to pass."

"Should you embark on this mission, we would consider remaining behind to watch over your bride. Consider our offer an exchange of duties, then - you to your bride, exchanged with ours to the land."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases