Arcana Evolved: The Tale of the Crystal Princess

Shayuri

First Post
"Captain Seelia," the spryte repeated to herself consideringly. She grinned. "I like it. It works. It'll look great on flyers too. Captain Seelia, Troubleshooter for Hire! You tell me your trouble, and I'll shoot it!"

She buzzes over to her catty companion.

"Pretty good, right? You see what I did there, with troubleshooter? So what's the deal with this sickness? Can we get it too? Is this something we should be worried about?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Targas

Targas is content with wetting his skin and moving to his quarters. His knowledge of diseases is spare at best. Humans. Knowing nothing and promoting. Not even asking for my true rank around the people.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Targas
AC 22 (T12, FF15), HP ?/?, F +6,R+3,W+2

MW Trident: +8, 1d8+3

[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Since Herobizkit is away I'll push things along via his character...

"I don't know, Captain Seelia," says Zephyr with a note of humour in his voice. "All I know is that something is wrong. I'd need to search around the camp to see if I pick up anything else from the Green."

Shayuri

First Post
Mollified at the use of her earned and proper title, Seelia nods. "Well, lets go search around then. It'll be a good chance to introduce ourselves to the other soldiers!"

Zephyr knows Seelia well enough to mentally translate that into, '...a good chance to brag to everyone about my rank!'

Dr Simon

Explorer
Captain Seelia, Captain Zephyr and Captain Targas explore the camp a little more, whilst the Professor is content to take to his bed. Zephyr's whiskers twitch as he senses the sickness in the Green.

Although not always reliable, in this case his senses detect a centre to the sickness, also near the centre of the camp. It seems to emenate from beneath a large stone slab thta lies almost hidden by overgrowing grass, between several tents. The nearest one has a strange occupant sat outside at his cookfire. perched on a human-sized foldable stool that just about stands up to his weight, is an enormous giant.

OOC: Welcome to GladiusNP, this is his character. I'll let you all do introductions in character.

GladiusNP

First Post
Tomblin Thrum

The huddled Giant sways slightly, muttering in a gravelly baritone.

"Ache and ague, chills and ills, this fever gnaws like rats on a rope..."

As the three approach, he looks down at them, his black hair matted up on one side. He draws his woolen blanket tighter around him, though the sweat-stained gray cloth barely meets around his neck. The giant knuckles at his eyes with a ham-sized fist, then blearily looks at the three again, his eyes circled with red and crusted with salt.

"A fishman, a feline, and a fairy. Of all my feverish visions, this is first in strangeness. I feel this chill to my bones, yet it appears my eyes are affected most..."

Walking Dad

First Post
Targas

Targas looks up at the giant. He looks at the cat and the girl, if they want to say anything. At their silence he says:"Your sight isn't hindered by your affliction. We are what you see. The fairy is a kind of healer. Are you afflicted for long?"

[sblock=OOC]
Not really Targas to speak first, but better then bumping and not posting myself...

---

Targas
AC 22 (T12, FF15), HP ?/?, F +6,R+3,W+2

MW Trident: +8, 1d8+3

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Uh...what?" Seelia looks incredulously at Targas and bursts into silvery laughter.

"Me? A healer? You're exactly the opposite of right on that one." She spun up into the air in a dizzyingly complex pirouette that ended in a graceful midair bow with a flourish.

"Captain Seelia at your service, gigantic person. The cat is Zephyr, and he's the real healer. Let him give you a once-over and we'll see if he can't fix you up with his catty ways."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Zephyr seems distracted by the stone slab, and glances up when Seelia mentions his name.

"What? Oh, of course," says the lynx in a deep, mellifluous voice. He walks over to the giant, sniffs him, licks the back of his hand with a rough tongue. "An early stage of the disease, I can cure this easily but I'll have to meditate for a while so that the Green can gift me with the appropriate magic." He turns to Seelia and Targas.

"I wish the Professor had stayed awake," he says softly. "This slab, I think, is magical, but needs the right conditions for it to be anything other than a piece of stone. I know your magic is more suited to blowing things out of the sky than contempative analysis, Captain Seelia, but perhaps you could see what you can find out" With no further explanation the lynx stalks away, tail aloft, to find a quiet place to curl up.

Later, when the sun has set and the moon is up, Zephyr returns. He touches his paws lightly to the giant's chest, and almost immediately Tomlin feels the pain of the disease abate.

"In return for our help, master giant," says Zephyr, "I wonder if we might impose on your to try to lift that slab for us?"

[sblock=OOC]
Remove disease on Tomlin. I've got no record of Zephyr's prepared spells, but it's only a case of waiting one hour in AE to change them anyway. I'll assume, for ease, that Tomlin hasn't taken any ability score damage.
[/sblock]

GladiusNP

First Post
Tomblin Thrum

"Since this morning, goodman. Gasping long, wracking breath, and hacking on, with aching che- "

He stops, his mouth slightly open, taken aback as the spryte whirls up to hover in front of him, forcing him to look slightly up at her.

"Captain Seelia, I am the giant Tomblin Thrum. Ranks and badges, honors and office, these Rosen guardsman make much of each. I could never remember which was such, even before this malady. Nonetheless, I salute you."

~~~~

After a fitful hour of sleep, Tomblin sits up groggily, hearing the lynx return. Moments after receiving Zephyr's ministrations, Tomblin rises to his full height, cocking his head to point one ear down at the tawny Greenbond.

"Impose... There's a rum word, and a rum thought, master lynx. I am in your debt. Now!

I shall set my arm,
to save you from harm,
and set my shoulder,
to heave up your boulder."

The Giant removes his vest and crouches down, his great hands searching for purchase on each side of the stone slab. He pushes aside the surrounding grass, finds two handholds, and begins to pull, the corded muscle of his bare arms standing out starkly as he attempts to budge the rock.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases