Arcana Evolved: The Tale of the Crystal Princess

Dr Simon

Explorer
Tomblin lifts the slab to reveal a set of stairs leading down into the earth. The stones are of cut stone, but the walls are bare earth, grass-roots poking through.

"Now if I'm right," says Zephyr, looking smug*, "these steps will only be here while the moon is up. Who fancies seeing where they lead?"

*He's feline, he can't help it.

Shayuri

First Post
Seelia lands atop the slab and peers at it, focusing her eyes on worlds beyond...

(Using Detect Magic SLA to see if slab is magic)

Walking Dad

First Post
Targas

Targas stands by the others, but waits what the others will do. He wonders the giant would be left behind if they move into the hole, or if he would just fit through.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Targas
AC 22 (T12, FF15), HP ?/?, F +6,R+3,W+2

MW Trident: +8, 1d8+3

[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Seelia]
The slab is magical, radiating a strong aura of transmutation with a trace of conjuration.
[/sblock]

OOC:
The opening is big enough for Tomblin to get through, just.

Last edited:

GladiusNP

First Post
Tomblin Thrum

Tomblin carefully lowers his burden to the ground, bemusedly looking at the spryte examining the rock. His gaze then turns to the staircase, looking down dubiously.

"Be it cave, cranny, or crevice, I find spaces under earth snugger than most. I am glad you three told me that the sickness' cause lies here - it would take much persuasion to get me down there otherwise. Unless, Master Zephyr, you disagree, I say we light a torch, descend and root out this fever."

He looks, slightly hopefully, at the lynx.

OOC: I am fine with any marching order, but think it makes sense for Tomblin to be second in line to exploit reach and since his AC is woeful...

Walking Dad

First Post
Targas

"Stay behind me. Me people can see in the light-less depths. This darkness is nothing to me!" Targas says, readying his shield and weapon.

[sblock=OOC]

Targas has darkvision. But Tomblin would also be a good front man. The enemies would have to go through his reach first to attack.
---

Targas
AC 22 (T12, FF15), HP ?/?, F +6,R+3,W+2

MW Trident: +8, 1d8+3

[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Whilst I can see in starlight, I can't see in the pitch black," says Zephyr, "and the same goes for my little compatriot. A torch would be useful."

Shayuri

First Post
"Little compatriot?" Seelia says indignantly. "Little? This from a miniature dwarf tiger like yourself? Psh."

She snaps her fingers...and a globe of shining eldritch light appears, throwing a cold, slightly blue-tinted light over the area.

"There."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Zephyr chuckles quietly and flips his tail in the air in a mock huff.

The stairs spiral down into the earth, rough-cut stone underfoot and loam, then sandstone subsoil form the walls. After about five minutes descent you see light up ahead, yellow and flickering as if from candles.

The staircase ends at an opening dug from the subsoil, into a strange sight; something like a huge ornate dining room stretches away in front of you. Candles in free-standing candelabras stand along the long walls, illuminating an impressive dining table laden with more candleabras, crystal goblets, gleaming cutlery and piles of food. As you watch, more food is brought in from a side entrance by a strange-looking servant. About the size of a large dog, but a round, almost spherical creature on two stubby legs, its body and head all part of the same entity. It carries a tray balanced on its head, but it has no arms. A second creature waddles behind and transfers the tray to the table in its mouth. There is a powerful smell of decay and rot.

There is only one diner at the table. Sat at the far end, at the head, is a large toad-like beast, folds of green-brown horny skin hanging down beneath a wide-mouthed head surmounted with curling goat-like horns.

"I haven't had guests in years," it says, and snaps its fingers at one of the spherical servitors. "Show our guests to their places," it tells them. A long tongue lolls out of the side of its mouth, dribbling green slime. "I shall enjoy this," it says with a leer.

Last edited:

GladiusNP

First Post
Tomblin Thrum

Tomblin closes his mouth, after looking slightly agape at the tawdry trappings of the feast.

"I am a simple farmer, and mean no offense - what is this place and who is this feast for?"

Tomblin attempts to get a sense of the creature's intent, his gaze flicking to Zephyr, his sworn charge.

OOC: Tomblin is stalling for time, trying to get a sense of the creature's intent. I rolled assuming he gets a +4 bonus to his check as he is trying to ensure no harm comes to Zephyr.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases