Luke Gygax Deployed (and Gaming?) in Iraq

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Luke Gygax had known for some time that he would be deployed in Iraq and had hoped that it would not happen until after GaryCon II. He's over there now and has dropped a line to the GaryCon boards to keep us all informed. People can post over there to wish him well, or even post here as I will add a link from there to here so he can find this thread easily enough when he gets the chance to be online at his leisure. I'm sure he'd be happy to field the occasional question and read other gamers' well wishes. Personally, I want to hear more about the game scene within the station and theater. He's hoping to get back in time for GaryCon III next spring.

garycon.com - View topic - Staying Busy in Iraq

Melf said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that I made it to Iraq safely and I am enjoying the beautiful scenery here in southern Iraq. I am staying gainfully employed planning logistics convoys for the southern part of the country. I will definitely check out the forums periodically- but my participation will be limited. I hope to make it back in time for Gary Con III and I know that Chris and Dale amongst others are working hard to ensure everything is in place for Gary Con III.

Luke

mac1504

Explorer
I served with Luke in the Wisconsin National Guard back in the late 90's. It was a blast hearing him recall stories of his youth and D&D while out on field exercises.

Luke- best of luck over there. Don't forget to take it easy on the enlisted soldiers; if you remember what that was like ;) Would love to hear any stories about gaming in theater.

Henry

Autoexreginated
A message for Luke -- thank you for doing what you do. May you be as safe as possible. Maybe one of these days I'll get to meet you at a Garycon. :)

grodog

Hero
Thanks for the pointer, Mark: I'll post over on the GaryCon boards.

(Oh, and FYI: I ran the Holaki again at the North TX RPG Con, to better effect this time around :D ).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases