Modern, non-linear Cthulhu of the highest quality

Endzeitgeist

First Post
I usually don't buy modern modern Cthulhu adventures due to a personal dislike for all the possibilities our day and age offers for the investigators.
This adventure is the exception to the rule.
SoaeW features a non-linear plot that is nevertheless easy to keep track of, thanks to a simple, but effective marker-system. The plot is divided up in several stages, all of which have multiple possibilities for the investigators to get clues. I've read the massive 118p adventure thrice now and still can't imagine any kind of situation that would result in a grinding halt and players unsure of what to do.
There is always a whole set of alternatives waiting for the investigators, up to the point where I can see completely different experiences each time the adventure is run.

Furthermore, it features 11 handouts, extensive and well-researched guidelines to convert in to the 1890s or 1920s (4 pages) is concisely written and feels fresh due to the avoidance of many of the CoC-clichés.
SoaeW also manages to pull off a climax worthy of the name, as deadly and awesome as a CoC-climax is supposed to be.

My only gripe is that I found some minor typos. Not enough to annoy me, but they are there.

Not yet sold in spite of the low price for 118p?

I've got one argument left:
(Minor spoiler ahead!)

Which CoC-adventure you know actually has the chance for the investigators to meet Elvis? Hail to the King, baby!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases